Jul 'Mdama needs more for Halo 5

Jul 'Mdama

So as my username would suggest I'm a fan of the Jul 'Mdama character from the books. So I found it fitting to make my first topic about him. But I'm surprised that he had no role in Halo 4 what so ever considering he is the leader of the storm covenant. A name mentioned would of been fine. Anyway this thread is to basically make the calm that he needs a larger role for the next game. Here is his Halopedia bio in case anyone has no idea who I am talking about. http://www.halopedia.org/Jul_'Mdama

• Like 2

He shows up in the latest episode of Spartan Ops.

Interesting to see 343 has not forgot about him. If he ends up dying in SO though I will be very upset. He needs to be in future games, I don't see him as simply a bad guy, if you know his story then you know him being captured by ONI gives him a legit reason to want to rage war with humans also to point out that apparently his armor has been painted with white hand marks to show his status as the didact's hand.

If I could make a prediction. He will probably be the main enemy in Halo 5. He was the Didacts hand and now that the Didact is no more (I believe), Jul Mdama will likely step up to take the role as the biggest baddest enemy in the next game.

His mention in Spartan Ops is likely how 343industries will use the concept to bridge the two games together.

If I could make a prediction. He will probably be the main enemy in Halo 5. He was the Didacts hand and now that the Didact is no more (I believe), Jul Mdama will likely step up to take the role as the biggest baddest enemy in the next game.

His mention in Spartan Ops is likely how 343industries will use the concept to bridge the two games together.

Didnt think about that, but the Didact isn't dead(watch the epilogue, and he can't be composed). Maybe the Didact will just be a huge threat gaining power in Halo 5, while Jul is terrorizing everyone. Like Voldemort in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
  • Like 1

Quite honestly, I think 343 is taking the whole Halo Universe far more seriously than Bungie did. I think they're going to build him up in Spartan Ops and then have him really jump onto the scene in Halo 5.

Yeah I'm hoping he will be the center of attention for Halo 5, Didact is likely rebuilding and won't be as center stage in Halo 5, the more I think about it, there is no way 343i would kill off him in SO when he already has had so much to do in the books plus they did the work to design him a one of a kind armor set.

He was in a prolouge before the game came out that was really cool.I think now by this piont most people have beaten the campaign 343i are going to show more behind the storm covies since ya know they dont want to go too in depth with the forerunner stuff to be mentioned because they are saving it for Halo 5.Jul Mdama is the coolest Sangheili.No @#$% given.Also loved they actually called them that in the VIP episode of Spartan Ops

Quite honestly, I think 343 is taking the whole Halo Universe far more seriously than Bungie did. I think they're going to build him up in Spartan Ops and then have him really jump onto the scene in Halo 5.

I bet it. Bungie created the Halo Universe.

But yeah, i hope too we will see more of 'Mdama in Halo 5. Yes, he is already in S-Ops, but i'd rather fight him in Campaign.

I think Didact will become new " 343 guilty spark" and he will join forces with chief/humanity at some point and then again try to destroy humanity. I mean can't he be reasonable? We aren't that bad. Then again this Ur' Mama guy will probably be as stubborn as The prophets were though I don't know anything about him since I haven't read the newest books.

I think Didact will become new " 343 guilty spark" and he will join forces with chief/humanity at some point and then again try to destroy humanity. I mean can't he be reasonable? We aren't that bad. Then again this Ur' Mama guy will probably be as stubborn as The prophets were though I don't know anything about him since I haven't read the newest books.

What are you trying to say? Also The Didact can not be Composed so him being a Ancilla or Monitor is impossible for starters...

What are you trying to say? Also The Didact can not be Composed so him being a Ancilla or Monitor is impossible for starters...

Just saying that Didact shouldn't stay as main villain trough the trilogy. If the flood comes back maybe he will be an ally at some point. Gravemind and Jul 'Mdama or some other dude will take his place. I don't personally like Didact so much and I would like to see more 'Mdama in campaign.

Just saying that Didact shouldn't stay as main villain trough the trilogy. If the flood comes back maybe he will be an ally at some point. Gravemind and Jul 'Mdama or some other dude will take his place. I don't personally like Didact so much and I would like to see more 'Mdama in campaign.

Absolutely improbable. Didact HATES humans. He fought them for millennia, millions were dead, and he being the last of the Forerunners while Humans are again in forces, suggests me that "probably" he is angry a tad at humans...

Jul 'Mdama doesn't even believe that the Didact is holy, All his worshipping of the Didact is a act to get his army to help him whip out humanity. I could actually see Mdama betraying the Didact once he believes the humans are finished, that's one thing I like about his character, everyone thinks he is just a servant to the Didact but really the Didact is his tool to help destroy humanity.

Absolutely improbable. Didact HATES humans. He fought them for millennia, millions were dead, and he being the last of the Forerunners while Humans are again in forces, suggests me that "probably" he is angry a tad at humans...

Wouldn't that be a interesting charachter developement? I mean if they can do it believable. After learning more of storm/covenant and possiple flood invasion what alternative he has? Firing halos? Forerunners can't come back unless they have a secret gene bank which did not work after firing halos. Also Jul 'Mdamas theory of Jul 'Mdama sounds plausible :laughing: .

Wouldn't that be a interesting charachter developement? I mean if they can do it believable. After learning more of storm/covenant and possiple flood invasion what alternative he has? Firing halos? Forerunners can't come back unless they have a secret gene bank which did not work after firing halos. Also Jul 'Mdamas theory of Jul 'Mdama sounds plausible :laughing: .

If any villain should have a change of heart I would rather it be Mdama. Like I said what ONI did to him was pretty harsh, maybe the UNSC will find out about what ONI did and seek peace with Mdama.

Firing Halos....why not? They did it before... not much an interesting charachter developement, rather a not so original story, you know. Then what, they're going to activate a portal to another Ark in order to stop 'Mdama?

If any villain should have a change of heart I would rather it be Mdama. Like I said what ONI did to him was pretty harsh, maybe the UNSC will find out about what ONI did and seek peace with Mdama.

Another highly improbable development. Beside the thing that ONI is "in command" of the UNSC (Parangosky is quite an important admiral), 'Mdama probably hates Humans as much as the Didact does. Infact, this started with him trying to kill the Arbiter, didn't it?

I hope they don't deviate and make another cover game. Master chief stomped them good already in three games. Enough covenant. This is a new trilogy and its just established a new threat. Revisiting old enemies would just be redundant and illogical. Especially since they knew they'd make a trilogy and already have the storyline plotted I'm sure for the next two games.

Another highly improbable development. Beside the thing that ONI is "in command" of the UNSC (Parangosky is quite an important admiral), 'Mdama probably hates Humans as much as the Didact does. Infact, this started with him trying to kill the Arbiter, didn't it?

Mdama disliked humans before ONI captured him, this was due to him seeing the humans as a race that would not stop spreading and colonizing across the universe and would ultimately wish to destroy the Elites, which he is right as the how point of the ONI teams mission in Halo Glasslands is to keep the elites divided and week long enough to whip them out. Yes he wants the Arbiter dead. Like I said when you see what ONI is doing in the books it's hard to look at Mdama as simply a bad guy that needs to die like a lot of people will that play Spartan Ops but haven't read the books.

Also Spartan Ops Episode 4 is titled "Didact's Hand" and looks to feature more of Jul 'Mdama judging by the trailer.

Mdama disliked humans before ONI captured him, this was due to him seeing the humans as a race that would not stop spreading and colonizing across the universe and would ultimately wish to destroy the Elites, which he is right as the how point of the ONI teams mission in Halo Glasslands is to keep the elites divided and week long enough to whip them out. Yes he wants the Arbiter dead. Like I said when you see what ONI is doing in the books it's hard to look at Mdama as simply a bad guy that needs to die like a lot of people will that play Spartan Ops but haven't read the books.

Also Spartan Ops Episode 4 is titled "Didact's Hand" and looks to feature more of Jul 'Mdama judging by the trailer.

Indeed, ONI has done many horrible things. But this doesn't imply that he should join with humans, by the facts you rightfully pointed out. I miss "Thursday War"'s informations, but as i can remember, he wasn't quite happy to see his fanatic friend dealing with humans.

Indeed, ONI has done many horrible things. But this doesn't imply that he should join with humans, by the facts you rightfully pointed out. I miss "Thursday War"'s informations, but as i can remember, he wasn't quite happy to see his fanatic friend dealing with humans.

Yes Mdama is very anti human at this point, but I can see a act of kindness towards him such as a human saving his life might make him change his opinion on humans, if the Arbiter can convince him that humans can exist with Elites then that might end the Covenant civil war at the end of this trilogy, as I can't see 343 ending this saga in Halo 6 end and still have the Covenant in a state of civil war. I will be highly disappointed if the war ends simply with Mdama's death, he has been given a main character role in the books similar to the Arbiter in Halo 2 and doesn't deserve to die a villain. Also I'd like to point out that once you reach rank 50 in multiplayer that rank up emblem you unlock is the same hand symbol that is painted on Jul 'Mdama's armor, if you color it completely in white that is.

I wonder what's keeping Mdama on Requiem with his forces. He's doesn't believe the Forerunners as gods, but he stays at the shield world. He hates humans, and that's why he searched for the Didact to help him, however none of his forces were seen when the Didact attacked Earth. He probably called his forces back to Requiem after the assault on the UNSC Science Station near Installation 03, but for what reason?

I wonder what's keeping Mdama on Requiem with his forces. He's doesn't believe the Forerunners as gods, but he stays at the shield world. He hates humans, and that's why he searched for the Didact to help him, however none of his forces were seen when the Didact attacked Earth. He probably called his forces back to Requiem after the assault on the UNSC Science Station near Installation 03, but for what reason?

Interesting. This seems to support the theory that Didact is just tool for Mdama and also possible threat to him so he throws Didact aginst humans possibly destroying each other. Maybe Mdama stays there to unlock forerunner secrets and even forerunner ships like Regret did in Halo Wars so he can oppose Didact after humans are done with.

Wait! Mdama needs a human to unlock forerunners stuff but doesn't they have that scientist guy from spartan ops? I love the similarities halo 4 has with halo wars. I can't wait to see 4th episode of spartan ops.