Quitting

Haifisch

I am sorry but you have to be punished for quitting a game people are dropping like flies if you get like 3 kills behind in a game. I have literally just finish a game where there was a total of 14 different players in the game and I got put in when they had already started.

allowing people to quit if and when they feel just ridicules what the other Halo's tried to do. In reach you where punished with yes a minor 10 minute ban and in Halo 3 you would not only lose Exp but also potentially lose rank because of quitting.

I am so sick of people quitting games and nothing happening to them at all for it... Not punishing people for quitting is IMO encouraging people to quit when they get behind instead of sticking it out and trying to win. Basically as soon as it gets a little hard people run off and try and find an easier game to massage their ego.

Now I know a lot of people out there are going to say that's what the Drop in Drop out system is for but to be honest I believe this system has only encouraged people to quit more.. I am dead against the Drop in Drop out system and again I know people are going to sit there and say well with out that system you would but a man down because of that person quitting but to be honest in some game types like Swat being a man down tends to run in your favor..

All in all I believe there need to be some sort of punishment for leaving a game early and I'm not talking a mere 10 min ban....

I would like to hear other people thoughts/experiences of people quitting out of their games and if they believe that there should be some sort of punishment for the people that quit out regular...

• Like 2

I just think the 10 min penalty needs to return, to be honest. We don't need anything drastic if you ask me. The 10 min suspension should be enough to stop habitual quitters. Having quit bans isn't going to stop people from quitting. We have laws against downloading music, yet thousands of people still do it on a regular basis.

As for how it affects me, people quitting in Halo 4 doesn't bother me as much as it did in previous games, mainly because of JIP (which means I can finally play through a BTB game and not worry about it becoming 2v2 woo!). Still, I can understand players quitting can still be a bit of an annoyance. Especially when they get replaced by people who charge in and hand the enemy team kills on a silver platter.

I will say this however. The lack of maps isn't really helping, at least from my experience anyway. Even I've quit when Haven has been voted for the 100th time, and it's very rare that I quit matches in Halo.

Host quit the other day literally 5 seconds before the game finished. It then spent a good 5 minutes reselecting a host only for it to immediately finish upon finally doing so. One guy can't cope with waiting a few seconds so the rest of us have to wait minutes on a black screen for a game to finish...

Yeah it's not ideal.

Time to laugh about how laughable this thread is.

I am sorry but you have to be punished for quitting a game people are dropping like flies if you get like 3 kills behind in a game. I have literally just finish a game where there was a total of 14 different players in the game and I got put in when they had already started.

Last time I checked, there was a 'Join Session In Progress' in Halo 4.

allowing people to quit if and when they feel just ridicules what the other Halo's tried to do. In reach you where punished with yes a minor 10 minute ban and in Halo 3 you would not only lose Exp but also potentially lose rank because of quitting.

So, there should be a game that doesn't allow you to quit? Have you ever heard of real-life situations that could be barring people from their games?

I am so sick of people quitting games and nothing happening to them at all for it... Not punishing people for quitting is IMO encouraging people to quit when they get behind instead of sticking it out and trying to win. Basically as soon as it gets a little hard people run off and try and find an easier game to massage their ego.

Basically, you're saying that 343i is encouraging to people to quit without realizing the Join Session In Progress the game has. Also, I think you're just assuming things if you believe that people quit games as soon as it gets hard.

Now I know a lot of people out there are going to say that's what the Drop in Drop out system is for but to be honest I believe this system has only encouraged people to quit more.. I am dead against the Drop in Drop out system and again I know people are going to sit there and say well with out that system you would but a man down because of that person quitting but to be honest in some game types like Swat being a man down tends to run in your favor..

Lolwut? I laughed even harder when I saw the lie in the first sentence of this quote. The Drop in Drop Out system is made to rebalance teams if someone quits, not to tell people to quit.

All in all I believe there need to be some sort of punishment for leaving a game early and I'm not talking a mere 10 min ban....

No.

I would like to hear other people thoughts/experiences of people quitting out of their games and if they believe that there should be some sort of punishment for the people that quit out regular...

My thought is, deal with it. The game has a Drop In Drop Out system, not some sort of harsh quitting penalty.

So, there should be a game that doesn't allow you to quit? Have you ever heard of real-life situations that could be barring people from their games?

Basically, you're saying that 343i is encouraging to people to quit without realizing the Join Session In Progress the game has. Also, I think you're just assuming things if you believe that people quit games as soon as it gets hard.

Lolwut? I laughed even harder when I saw the lie in the first sentence of this quote. The Drop in Drop Out system is made to rebalance teams if someone quits, not to tell people to quit.

No.

My thought is, deal with it. The game has a Drop In Drop Out system, not some sort of harsh quitting penalty.

Obvious CoD fanboy. Halo has never had join-in-progress, why add it now? It also has never had instant respawn, why add it now? It has never had killcams, why add it now? It's always had some type of penalty for leaving, why change it now? Do you see a pattern here? The reason the game is getting so many rants is because 343 thought they were making it better. They did the complete opposite. Hopefully they listen to the community or this game, and the rest of the series of Halo are literally going down the drain.

No.

I'm sorry but the Drop In Drop out system is terribly broken in the first place starting Games 2 v 4 1 v 4 even sometime I have had games start 4 v 0 which is just stupid .. The System doesn't work properly at all and encourages people to quit as they can leave unpunished and jump straight in to another game.. Out of all the new features that have been added to this game I find the Drop in Drop out system to be one of the worst that and not having weapons spawns on the maps ..

Obvious CoD fanboy. Halo has never had join-in-progress, why add it now? It also has never had instant respawn, why add it now? It has never had killcams, why add it now? It's always had some type of penalty for leaving, why change it now? Do you see a pattern here? The reason the game is getting so many rants is because 343 thought they were making it better. They did the complete opposite. Hopefully they listen to the community or this game, and the rest of the series of Halo are literally going down the drain.

Retarded post of the year, why call someone a CoD fanboy who comes with good arguments.

Anyway, games always change. They could just release H2 over and over again, but that would be, well.... kinda like CoD, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

I'd rather see an XP loss or something of that nature over a 10 minute ban. If we get absolutely beasted on we at least finish out the game and go find another game after the game ends. We usually only quit when we spend more time looking at the scoreboard then playing, and you really shouldn't be penalized too much for that.

Usually I get fed up with playing the same skilled people over and over. It gets to a point where you have to put so much thought and effort on how to play that the game doesn't become fun anymore. Thats why people quit. I'm not saying I want to play people with less skill constantly but a mixed group of grunts, skilled and vets would make for more entertaining matches.

A punishment system would be bad right now...Not only are people having issues with being banned for AFK and "Too much EXP" cause they stole all the EXP Codes, but the servers are ****ty sometimes.

In one game, Team RED was winning, and so people started leaving Team BLUE. After 4 People from Team BLUE left, the game pulled me and a friend from Team RED and placed us on Team BLUE (The Losing team.), shortly after that I lagged out of the game and when I rejoined the game was literally black screening/host changing every 10 seconds.

• 4 weeks later...

I think That being banned when I PAY for the INTERNET and PAY for the XBOX GOLD CARD and then I BUY THE DAMM GAME IS A BUNCH OF BS ...... I like reach better and bungie did alot better then 343 crap.... thanks for making a **** game out of halo 4 ...... Putting ppl in a CTF game when it is 4 to 0 is Fu#ked up and then get banned for leaving ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I payed way to much money to deal with the crap so fix it or you will lose alot more ppl ........................

If i join a game where the enemy is winning by a margin my team cant come back from I will quit in a second. I buy games to have fun and playing hero for a team is not my job. I will also quit for excessive lag issues. I simply will not deal with that issue. No thanks. I will stay in a game even if its a map I dont like. I will usually tough out games that my team is losing but only if I was in the game when it started. I dont want to get vehicle killed every 2 seconds due to entering a losing game. I paid for this game and Ill play what I want when I want to as long as i am having fun. As soon as the fun stops, I stop.

I like the JIP system, but I also like the idea of a penalty for quitting. In fact I don't understand why they stopped penalizing it in the first place.

I don't think the penalty should be that severe, something simple like subtracting the amount of experience from their spartan rank that they'd normally get for just a game complete + victory + minimum score. I think it should be possible for this penalty to drop you a rank and re-lock things you've unlocked.

Quit enough and I feel ok giving everyone a 10 minute break from you by banning you for 10 minutes.

You can always get the experience back by NOT quitting, the penalty isn't that severe, and if you get penalized for quitting when you actually just lagged out, oh well. No system is perfect, and I'd be fine with losing 3k experience on the rare occasion that I lag out.

The fact is finishing the game is part of the game, don't do it and you hurt other people's experience. You are entitled to YOUR game experience that YOU paid for, but you are not entitled to damage the experience of others. If you have a problem with it, I'm sure no one cares, just like you didn't.

I don't think quitting is the end of the world, but I think doing it often is a ****ty move, and you should get a slap on the wrist. Not much more than a slap on the wrist though, because it's a game and you DID pay for it. Too bad money can't buy you a better personality.

Having a punishment for quitting will do nothing. Both Halo 3 and Reach had it and people still did it constantly. I was one of them. I didn't care if I got punished for quitting. Sometimes I have to quit because I have things to do in real life. Also if I'm carrying the hell outta my team and we're still losing by a lot then I'll just quit, or if it's very laggy I'll quit as well. I'm not gonna sit through a 10-15 minute lag fest sorry. If they do introduce some sort of penalty that won't change a thing. Not having a penalty is gonna keep one major thing from happening once people's true skill ranks are revealed.....BOOSTING!

I don't mind the quitters. In previous Halos it got out of hand. You sometimes were forced to play 1 vs 4. Who in earth wants to do that? People sometimes get busy doing things. Sometimes when I play my 2 year old will get into things and I have to drop out to address it. Do I deserve a super ban for being a family man?

People don't think before they talk. It just rubs people the wrong way. I know what you're saying and I don't mean to reply out of anger. It's just there's always extenuating circumstances. Now for those people that quit when the going gets tough? The guys you were talking about? Well to be honest I didn't want them on my team anyway. I'll take my *** beating and drive on. Consider it a learning experience. Their loss is my gain. Hell I might even get lucky and get a teammate who gives a flying ****. Lol.