Offer more score points for a warthog driver!

WesleyRo

While driving a gunner in the warthog you will notice as the kills are piling up that the driver gets terrible score compared to the gunner. Yes the gunner is doing all the "work" but being a driver takes skill to avoid death and get that gunner their score. Why should I suffer my score to be an amazing driver while ending up in last place as a result of my hard work?

Big team went 39 wingman assists got 150 score last place on my team while my gunner got 600+ score and placed first. We were a team, shouldn't our score match or at least be in the same ballpark?

Atleast give distraction points, increase the wingman assist or something to make it worthwhile to be a driver!

I love driving teammates around in warthogs since it's a fun part of halo in my opinion, now it feels like driving and being a good team player isn't even worth it...

TL;DR Give drivers more score points!

While driving a gunner in the warthog you will notice as the kills are piling up that the driver gets terrible score compared to the gunner. Yes the gunner is doing all the "work" but being a driver takes skill to avoid death and get that gunner their score. Why should I suffer my score to be an amazing driver while ending up in last place as a result of my hard work?

Big team went 39 wingman assists got 150 score last place on my team while my gunner got 600+ score and placed first. We were a team, shouldn't our score match or at least be in the same ballpark?

Atleast give distraction points, increase the wingman assist or something to make it worthwhile to be a driver!

I love driving teammates around in warthogs since it's a fun part of halo in my opinion, now it feels like driving and being a good team player isn't even worth it...

TL;DR Give drivers more score points!

Quit whinging, you are doing the team thing, who cares about a post game report?

Quit whinging, you are doing the team thing, who cares about a post game report?

Most people do especially early on in the game you know to rank up lol. I understand that not everyone plays halo to rank up and get that high score but the people that do will avoid warthog driving.

Plus it's pretty funny seeing the last place guy with 30+ assists.......not

i do have to agree. The gunner would be of no avail without the driver, and they do an equal amount of work. both are essential to succeed, so both should be cedited equally. But your listed rank on the scoresheet shouldnt matter as long as you helped your team. But using the points to rank up is a whole different story

If score didn't matter then why give the gunner an advantage in score? The thing is score does matter, either for keeping track of who's winning or leveling up. Both should be equal or at least more than 50% of what the gunner is making.

Maybe add a score per kill for the amount of people riding in the warthog. Such as +5 if you have a gunner +10 if you also have guy riding shotgun.

This would also encourage teams to ride in three while giving the other team plenty of points for destroying the vehicle.

This, I was top ranked Firefight driver in the UK for a while (Doesnt mean much, but hopefully it gets my love of driving across), a good gunner knows the importance of a good driver, and if noone wants to drive, the gunners wont do very well.

I think bumping up a wheelman score to 10 would be sufficent, pretty sure the wheelman spree is on par with a regular killing spree.

First of all. Join this site:

http://www.halowheelmen.com/

I've been a member of the group since back when it started with Halo 3. I am a dedicated gunner. The group was featured at the front of bungie.net and my clip "overkill splatter with the halo 3 warthog" was featured on bungie favorites for a week.

First of all, I play halo for fun. I don't care if I am at the bottom of the scoring list. If I had doble the number driving assists a game than my negative K/D ratio, I played avrage, and did not drag my team down. Becuse the gunner got his kills from me.

I agree that more points should be added, but would not that give the hog users a big boost to the teams score in slayer games.

Thing is the gunner will get more points if they got even for the gunners kills, becouse the gunner will pick up assists as well, and get points for destroying vehicles and the like. Yes, It is not fair.

I would be glad if I got more cred for my driving. Thing is that I've been getting more halo game after halo game, and I really like that the games has been giving the teamplayers the assisters a lot of creds. Becouse driving is a lot harder than gunning. Often your ego teammates won't even jump in your hog, and they jump out like chicken when you try some smooth and unorthodox moves. Moves that work with true gunners. I feel ya for that beeing at the bottom of the list thing.

All I can say is that I support drivers all the way, It's for me the nices ppl to play with, and I gladly gun if someone wants to drive me. Becouse I wanna be good at gunning, not just driving.

Join halowheelmen, talk tactics and stuff with us. We just reignited our passion for the Halo games with Halo 4. Hope you will feel the wheelman job is more rewarding once you join us. Don't give up there! :)

Totally agree, I've been a vehicle geared player since the original and out of all the vehicles, the warthog is still my favorite. TBH I was kind of disappointed with the gunner damage in Halo 4 - it seemed weakened from the earlier games. But irrelevant - the wheelman should definitely give additional points, driving is definitely as difficult or more so in certain situations as the gunner. We got banshees, tanks, EMPs, rockets, and everything else to dodge a few extra points wouldn't kill.

I like the distraction addition, or perhaps additional medals. Though an extra 5 points a kill would help in the scheme of things.