Does anyone else feel like 343 kind of messed up with the playlists?

Bunyardz

First off let me start by saying I absolutely love this game, and It's really funny seeing all these negative posts on here about how broken and terrible it is. (Anyone who had a bungie.net account saw the same thing happen for halo 2,3 and reach)

That being said, I think that playlists are probably the most important thing for halo matchmaking, and I think 343 could have handled it better.

-Firstly, I think they completely neglected some really good playlists. I understand that they can only have a certain amount, but with things like dominion and oddball holding entire plalists, they really prioritized the wrong ones. I think they are really beating around the bush by not having a team snipers playlist. Say what you will about team snipers, but eventually theyre going to end up adding it in just like they did in halo 3 and reach because of community demand. They got rid of standard free for all and replaced it with regicide which isn't such a big deal but in my opinion it's a definite downgrade. There's no team doubles which upsets me because it was one of my favorite playlists.

- Secondly, in the "infinity slayer" playlists, the only gametype it offers you is normal slayer. Halo 3 team slayer would throw you options like team magnums or shotty snipers. I think this kind of diversity really adds to a game. In big team slayer it never gives you the option to vote for ctf or anything like that which is a shame because sometimes big team objective games are fun. They made objective games like oddball or ctf their own playlists, which takes away room for other playlists like multi team or team snipers.

- Finally I think there should be a playlist that is closer to classic halo. No choosing your spawn weapon, no loadouts, no abilities, no calling for drop in power weapons.

Other than these issues I think it's a really great game

What do you guys think?

I agree man. I think the game is dope. I'm having lots of fun with it, but the playlists are broken...

The removal of competitive and social playlists for me is a massive failure. Where the hell is assault? I miss this classic game type. Storming a base and planting a bomb with your teammates was such a thrill. BTB is only slayer now, and while its fun, I wish we could have more 8 v 8 game types.

Bring back competitive and social playlists! And bring back the true skill ranking system. This progressive invisible true skill thing is just a mess. I don't get it. I feel like its the exact same as BF3 or COD (which actually has a ranking system now! WTF!?)

Those were such awesome features about Halo's MM and now they are gone. :(

• Like 1

-Firstly, I think they completely neglected some really good playlists. I understand that they can only have a certain amount, but with things like dominion and oddball holding entire plalists, they really prioritized the wrong ones. I think they are really beating around the bush by not having a team snipers playlist. Say what you will about team snipers, but eventually theyre going to end up adding it in just like they did in halo 3 and reach because of community demand. They got rid of standard free for all and replaced it with regicide which isn't such a big deal but in my opinion it's a definite downgrade. There's no team doubles which upsets me because it was one of my favorite playlists.

- Secondly, in the "infinity slayer" playlists, the only gametype it offers you is normal slayer. Halo 3 team slayer would throw you options like team magnums or shotty snipers. I think this kind of diversity really adds to a game. In big team slayer it never gives you the option to vote for ctf or anything like that which is a shame because sometimes big team objective games are fun. They made objective games like oddball or ctf their own playlists, which takes away room for other playlists like multi team or team snipers.

- Finally I think there should be a playlist that is closer to classic halo. No choosing your spawn weapon, no loadouts, no abilities, no calling for drop in power weapons.

Other than these issues I think it's a really great game

What do you guys think?

- First of all. It's good to se a pure halo fan speaking his mind and not complaining like some... about this and that.

As for a shortage of playlists. I would think that in the launchphase of the game that "less is more". And that some might be added.

I gotta point out some posetivetis first:

- Compared to halo 3 you get to pick between three maps, instead of sometimes vetoing one (and maybe getting a worse map, instead of a better)

- Team Swat is in there. I totally hate SWAT, dislike playing it, for me it is not halo. But I know it is halo for a lot of people, and I respect that. Suprised to see it in there, but I guess it would be asked for sooner or later anyways? :)

I disagree with your final point, If I wanna play a playlist closer to classic halo I would play an older Halo game. The old days are done, I want something new. If the wish for sutch a playlist is there, ofcourse add it. But I don't se the point to look back to old games when 343 release their first game. Look foreward, not back ;)

Regicide: Better than FFA slayer in my opinon, It's now another objective in the game than just killing everyone, it's a twist. And you gotta think a bit about what kills you want to for for and not. Although I could see the need for another FFA playlist for Oddball and King of the Hill. Not that I think that is half as fun as teamball and team hill.

Entire playlists for Hill and Ball are cool, look what they've done to the gametypes. The hill does not move til someone has hold it, and you get a counter for it. And blam! you can pass the oddball to teammates! :D

And I like that Infinity slayer is just that.

A snipers, or a shotty snipers playlist Im okay with, but It should be keept far away from the Infinity Slayer playlist I think. Again with SWAT, I don't miss these foolish aim battles with little or no teamwork in them for your team to win.

I really miss BTB flag, I really agree there.

I miss bomb, and I miss VIP (cause of rocket race)

Dominion is fine, it's like sortof BTB, in that It's the same maps. Beeing a BTB guy, I consider it a BTB playlist :)

I love how they included flood as a playlist.

A playlist that's fiesta style. One that should be able to give you games of Rocket race, Griftball and the like could be cool. But I am still enjoying the game right now.

As it is now, I think each playlist is for a special gametype, and that's that. Thinking about it loadoutwise, maybe it's for the best. Some ppl like changing their loadouts a bit everytime they swich playlist. I never do that, but some ppl do. Getting flag or slayer can play a big difference in what role some ppl might take.

Yep couldnt agree more with this post, a little diversity within playlists or a action sack/fiesta would deffinately make me feel better. Im getting worried that the community controlled map/gametypes and playlists wont be as prominent as others. That tied with what forge can do was what made me feel halo was superior to most other first person shooters in the first place.

OP,

You do realize that they are adding more and more playlists each week, or trying to accommodate what everyone wants? DO I agree that they should have had some simple Halo-long-time-fan playlists right off the bat? Yes, but they were trying to see the criticisms with their new playlists and what the community's reaction was to them. They will add more in due time just wait and see. Next week I heard they are adding Team Snipers (I LOVE THAT PLAYLIST) and it was also confirmed they were working on a regular FFA and Team Doubles.

SO please, research before you post hate threads like this. I could understand if it was 3 months since the game came out and NOTHING was being added, but seriously after one week? Goodness....

-UnSeEnZ

It's been a week since release. You know they update the playlists right? Give the game a month then post a topic. People like you piss me off, everything HAS to be your way. If not it's bad, so just the hell up and enjoy the game. Your money your loss.

OP,

You do realize that they are adding more and more playlists each week, or trying to accommodate what everyone wants? DO I agree that they should have had some simple Halo-long-time-fan playlists right off the bat? Yes, but they were trying to see the criticisms with their new playlists and what the community's reaction was to them. They will add more in due time just wait and see. Next week I heard they are adding Team Snipers (I LOVE THAT PLAYLIST) and it was also confirmed they were working on a regular FFA and Team Doubles.

SO please, research before you post hate threads like this. I could understand if it was 3 months since the game came out and NOTHING was being added, but seriously after one week? Goodness....

-UnSeEnZ

He clearly stated that he really enjoyed the game, yet still thought that it would be nice to have some classic playlists like BTB CTF, or rumble pit. some people dont do a month of reasearch before posting a thread, they just put their opinion
  • Like 1

He clearly stated that he really enjoyed the game, yet still thought that it would be nice to have some classic playlists like BTB CTF, or rumble pit. some people dont do a month of reasearch before posting a thread, they just put their opinion

I know, but you need to post something logical or at the very least post something after you looked up if changes were coming or not. Not just posting immediately. I see what you are doing and it is not clever defending the same recycled posts that are flooding the forums about "how this game is bad" or "the playlists suck" its all the same and he could have taken the time and courtesy to research some topics (not saying research for a month) and maybe post his concerns there instead of contributing to the countless, needless flood on the forums.