Spawning with Plasmas ruins Warthog

FALOPIE

I love that 343 brought back the slippery controls for the warthog. I didn't think it was possible, but I like the way the warthogs handle in Halo 4 more than H1, so way to go team 343. The handbrake is actually useful! My issue is with multiplayer. Now that everybody and their mothers have plasma grenades at spawn, vehicles are now almost certainly a deathtrap. I like the idea of loadout because it reduces a lot of the hunt for a decent weapon, but I think having plasma grenades should be a reward of either finding them on the map or having them airdropped to you for scoring points. Plasmas make having fun with the warthog (easily the best vehicle in gaming history) almost impossible on any map other than Ragnarok, and I'm kinda disappointed with Big Team Slayer (my favorite game mode). You shouldn't be punished for wanting to use the best vehicles in the industry.

Ive always hated Plasma pistols, it was Halo's "noob tube" or something of annoying equivalence to any other FPS. It's such an unfair advantage to charge up and 1 shot with DMR. Why learn to strafe?

i'm pretty sure halos noob tube was the actual nade launcher in reach..and i'm pretty sure Halo 4 noob tube is the sticky launcher..comparing a plasma pistol to a noob tube is rediculouse as it does nothing but take your shields down or stop a vehicle for 2 seconds. a noob tube got it's name because the kill takes no effort, it's instant..with a plasma pistol you still need to switch to your next weapon or perform a beatdown..and in the time it takes for you to charge the pistol, hit someone and then switch or beatdown you could already be dead. a plasma pistol is pretty useless against a good player IMO

i'm pretty sure halos noob tube was the actual nade launcher in reach..and i'm pretty sure Halo 4 noob tube is the sticky launcher..comparing a plasma pistol to a noob tube is rediculouse as it does nothing but take your shields down or stop a vehicle for 2 seconds. a noob tube got it's name because the kill takes no effort, it's instant..with a plasma pistol you still need to switch to your next weapon or perform a beatdown..and in the time it takes for you to charge the pistol, hit someone and then switch or beatdown you could already be dead. a plasma pistol is pretty useless against a good player IMO

Grenade launcher was the pro pipe. Hitting people with that was nowhere near as easy as the Rocket launcher. Rockets are the noob tube.

I rather enjoy it as I have no desire to get in a warthog but I certainly enjoy sticking the hell out of those who do.

Vehicles have become some-what redundant in this game. Whilst true, that the Plasma pistols ruin them, there also is an abundence of ordinance weapons (rocket, snipe, incinerator, etc.) that also stop vehicle usage.

I think the main thing to keep in mind, is while different from past Halo games, we gotta adapt. Sure, vehicles were a blast in H3, while yes, overpowered. And in Reach, they were less-overpowered, but also, destroyed a little easier. Halo 4, seems to be a lot more weapon based now. But...

Adapt.

Seriously though, you have to adapt to this game. It's the newst Halo, it's the best multiplayer game out there, and deep down, you love it. ;) Nothing will compare to the days of Reach and H3, but we had those days, they were great.

It's Halo 4 and 343i's time now, though.

• Like 1

I love that 343 brought back the slippery controls for the warthog. I didn't think it was possible, but I like the way the warthogs handle in Halo 4 more than H1, so way to go team 343. The handbrake is actually useful! My issue is with multiplayer. Now that everybody and their mothers have plasma grenades at spawn, vehicles are now almost certainly a deathtrap. I like the idea of loadout because it reduces a lot of the hunt for a decent weapon, but I think having plasma grenades should be a reward of either finding them on the map or having them airdropped to you for scoring points. Plasmas make having fun with the warthog (easily the best vehicle in gaming history) almost impossible on any map other than Ragnarok, and I'm kinda disappointed with Big Team Slayer (my favorite game mode). You shouldn't be punished for wanting to use the best vehicles in the industry.

Mate, in Reach everyone complained that vehicles were way too hard to take out, 343 have listened, and tweaked that. Now everyone is complaining that vehicles get destroyed too quickly. This is proof you can not please everyone. If anything vehicles are more balanced in this game than any Halo game prior. I will tell you what mate, getting in a vehicle should not grant you immunity to getting killed or anything like that. Flying a banshee and driving a warthog should be based on skill. If you can't keep your warthog away from sticky nades or plasma pistols, that is your problem, your skill level, not 343's ignorance.