Really?!!? same maps!?

OrangeSpartan

Don't worry, there will be new maps. There is just some repeats, I am sure every episode will have at least one new map. Besides, they update it weekly, its hard making so many maps for a weekly episode update :)

They're not creating this stuff on a weekly basis. You already have it. It was on disk 2. The only thing 343i do each week is unlock the local episode content.

Eventually, they will need to create new episode content (probably bulk downloaded in a DLC) when that is used up though.

My opinion on spartan ops is that is that it is boring.

1. Very repetitive.
  2. little to no replay value
  3. way to easy with the unlimited lives(very easy even on legendary).
  4. no scoring system.
  5. not fun and not built to play by yourself.
  6. cutscenes are lame.
  7. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.
  8. why do we have to play as some lame sideline character named crimson.
  9. every mission feels like some petty errand.
  10. most missions end with just clearing out the same enemies over and over.

Great game 343 but spartan ops is in my opinion is pretty crappy . That about sums up the whole spartan op experience.

1. Very repetitive.
  4. no scoring system.
  6. cutscenes are lame.
  7. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.

Great game 343 but spartan ops is in my opinion is pretty crappy . That about sums up the whole spartan op experience.

^This

1. doesn't explain things(why are the prometheans still red if the didact is dead,because wasn't it when the didact regained control that they became red.

You just answered your own question bud. If the Didact was dead... it is a trilogy i highly doubt they went to the trouble of setting up his character for him to just fall to his death in a cut scene.

1. Very repetitive.
  4. no scoring system.
  6. cutscenes are lame.

Although I agree in essence with what you say, just one small clarification:

Your character is not called 'Crimson'. That's the name of your fireteam; Fireteam Crimson, same as the other being Fireteam Majestic. It's just a fireteam designation allocated to the 'team' that players (solo or co-op) are members of for the sake of story.

Yeah, with episode 1 the issue was that the story didn't really go anywhere at all. The entire cutscene was to introduce "Majestic Team", and then you ended up playing as Crimson Team. Kinda lame, but okay.

Then with episode 2 the story actually started going somewhere, but the maps were nearly identical, so the gameplay was like a rehash.

I'm just hoping episode 3 will hit the sweet spot. I can't really complain about the whole "Shoot everything and push a button" thing, because that's basically every FPS in the market. What I can complain about is how Spartan Ops actually makes you notice that though. xD As I said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Also, the reason there is no penalty for death in Spartan Ops is because it was made to be played by 4 people, so if there was it would make it four times harder for people who don't have any friends. lol

I agree they take away firefight and then say they are giving us another campaign the the first two episodes are the same. I want fire fight back. Not this tacked on thing.

It makes it worse because half were pulled from the campaign so i've been there 3 times throught the stroy.... I call that lazy. Two times is ok, but three is not.

Yeah, with episode 1 the issue was that the story didn't really go anywhere at all. The entire cutscene was to introduce "Majestic Team", and then you ended up playing as Crimson Team. Kinda lame, but okay.

Then with episode 2 the story actually started going somewhere, but the maps were nearly identical, so the gameplay was like a rehash.

I'm just hoping episode 3 will hit the sweet spot. I can't really complain about the whole "Shoot everything and push a button" thing, because that's basically every FPS in the market. What I can complain about is how Spartan Ops actually makes you notice that though. xD As I said, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Also, the reason there is no penalty for death in Spartan Ops is because it was made to be played by 4 people, so if there was it would make it four times harder for people who don't have any friends. lol

Basically to introduce majestic team in episode 1? Then episode 2 introduces Crimson Teams side of the mission. Episode 3 contains another team (domino team maybe?) that's what I got outta this.