"Kill-cam" inaccuracy

ESF Blitz

I'm not sure if this is a well known problem, but it just seems to me, that the kill cam is quite buggy, not showing shots being placed correctly, or if so, bringing me to wonder how i died when the person that killed me is shown shooting the dmr/br all around me but never actually at or on me, only to have me fall to the ground. Is this a bug, or just a result of lag/connection interference?

Yeah it's really inacurate, i've been stuck in the face with stickies and the kill cam shows the guy didn't even throw a nade 0.o the animation of throwing a nade was shown but no nade actually came out of his hand, also i got beat down when a guy with a jet pack decided to land on me and the kill cam showed him punching the wall beside me, i checked in theater after and he did actualy backsmack the crap out of me.

Im having the same issues with the kill Cam. Sometimes it works, other times its just very inaccurate and frustrating. Especially when you want to know how the hell you were just killed and it shows some jabronee shooting into a wall. I like the new feature though! Just wish it was more consistent.

It is reguardlessly quite frustrating. It might be a problem with the server trying to keep up. I have played games where the server was lagging so bad, that I'd spawn twice in a row with no visible cause of death. The servers need a RAM boost or lag buffer. Something to keep them up to speed, because they are visibly struggling.

The reason you are having these problems is the same reason as when it happens in CoD ... The game is Hit Scan therefore when the shot has been fired you have been hit but the game itself is moving to fast so when you get to see it in a Kill Cam it shows the persons shot missing but in reality it has hit you and you have just moved before hand..

That's one of the main problems with hit scan. In Halo 3 when you had to lead you shot it took you movement into consideration where as with hit scan it does not,

I hope this help a little but I can understand your frustration when it seems like the person shooting it missing you.. Also for the backsmack or grenade thing that is just Host and you can only ever normally find out what happens when you go back in theater this problem also existed in Halo 3 ....