DMR balancing issue -- my thoughts.

Archangel Tyrael

I've used the DMR plenty, same goes for the BR. They are both amazing weapons and I don't prefer one over the other, I have the commendation kills to prove for that.

After extensive use of both of these weapons, I think they both need a little bit of tweaking. I've thought about this for awhile and hearing everyones opinions on this matter. What I believe would be the best solutions for this, is either one of these two or both:

1. Increase the bloom on the DMR (just a little bit) so it will not be as effective to close to medium range. It's kinda funny how a long ranged precision weapon can kill someone like that. No, I am not hating on the DMR users by saying this but it's true and don't be in denial that this weapon is just overpowering other classes.

2. Instead of the first option I listed above, increase the range of the BR slighty to give it more of a fighting chance against the DMR. The BR does struggle at medium range with the DMR with the DMR's lack of bloom. To me this is the best option, to increase the BR's range slightly.

I do not come from a one sided view on this. I love both weapons but guys seriously, there is tweaks needed and don't be in denial about it. I love the game so far though.

:)

• Like 2

so either bring DMR in line with other weapons or buff BR to contend with DMR leaving all other starting weapons in the dust?

Honestly I think one thing needs to be done more then anything, long range weapons should have STRAIGHT UP longer kill times to compensate for the fact that a automatic style weapon CANNOT shoot long range at all.

Right now its no comparison so long as you have good aim you go DMR and it can win in close range vs AR's still with near identical killing times. So long as it is this way, automatic weapons will NEVER be up to snuff vs precision weapons. Relying on the DMR user to "screw up" is not good enough.

The reason i dont suggest autos have faster kill times is because it would make them encroach too much on power weapons.

simply put, up DMR kill time by one bullet, do this for BR/other precision guns possibly as well.

You do this and suddenly, DMR and light rifle dominate long range, BR and light rifle can contend for medium with there burst fire. and automatics will lead the pack in CQC

suddenly a precision weapon user is punished for letting a automatic weapons user get close (they are not atm) while automatic weapon users still get punished for getting targeted at long range.

the BR/unscoped light rifle will have somewhat of a medium ground with there burst fire working favors in medium range, a possible alternative for a precision weapon user for smaller styole maps rather then just go go DMR

so either bring DMR in line with other weapons or buff BR to contend with DMR leaving all other starting weapons in the dust?

Honestly I think one thing needs to be done more then anything, long range weapons should have STRAIGHT UP longer kill times to compensate for the fact that a automatic style weapon CANNOT shoot long range at all.

Right now its no comparison so long as you have good aim you go DMR and it can win in close range vs AR's still with near identical killing times. So long as it is this way, automatic weapons will NEVER be up to snuff vs precision weapons. Relying on the DMR user to "screw up" is not good enough.

The reason i dont suggest autos have faster kill times is because it would make them encroach too much on power weapons.

simply put, up DMR kill time by one bullet, do this for BR/other precision guns possibly as well.

You do this and suddenly, DMR and light rifle dominate long range, BR and light rifle can contend for medium with there burst fire. and automatics will lead the pack in CQC

suddenly a precision weapon user is punished for letting a automatic weapons user get close (they are not atm) while automatic weapon users still get punished for getting targeted at long range.

the BR/unscoped light rifle will have somewhat of a medium ground with there burst fire working favors in medium range, a possible alternative for a precision weapon user for smaller styole maps rather then just go go DMR

It's just a slight change. I love using the AR and Supressor in Halo 4. It's just about knowing when to use them. And the automatic weapons firing faster makes them better in close range no matter what. I'm a really good DMR user, but ARs can be deadly at close range.

3. Get rid of the DMR as a possible starting weapon and include it in ordinance drops. This will stop this nonsense of being able to kill anyone at any distance on the big maps and get gameplay back to halo 3, making map control a lot more important. This is my best solution to this problem.