BUG: xbox CRASHES when starting waypoint

Box99

In the Halo 4 menu, I noticed that the waypoint option was locked. I tried to start Infinity/Spartan Ops...I had installed disc 2 already...but it had the "Requires an xbox live gold membership" message in the lobby and the "you are not connected to xbox live..." message at bottom. So I signed into XBox live (gold) and pointed it at my hard drive when it asked about saving. Then I got an error message about "This feature requires your network mode to be set to xbox live"...whatever that is. The message at the bottom was "Matchmaking can only be played on xbox LIVE. Go to Network and select Xbox LIVE to play".

So instead, I went back to the main menu and clicked "waypoint". I got the yes/no message about leaving the game and after pushing yes to continue, I get...nothing. The xbox is on and light is green, but my screen is black. I should probably confirm that yes, I did download the update to Waypoint last week and it worked fine when started from the Xbox dashboard.

Yes, it's repeatable. Yes, my gold membership is current. No, I don't have problems with multiplayer in any other games (including Halo CE anniversary).

The solution to this is actually quite simple. Remove Waypoint from your system, and redownload it, that will fix this issue.

As far as Halo 4 Multiplayer, I'd suggest making sure you're logged into your Live account prior to starting the game, and if it still pops up, switch your network to XBox Live, like it said. I don't have the game infront of me, so I can't walk you through the steps to do this, but I'm sure somebody else on the site can.