Make a Halo. Not a reach

MuTeD DeSiRe

Hey,

I am kind of fedup with seeing all these people wanting this and that on halo 4 like for instance armour and so. I do agree it is cool to be able to change all of your amour but in my opnion they are missing the whole point. It is all about the gameplay, and think of it with halo 1,2,3 in mind NOT the new reach one!

These 3 halo's always had some changes some for good some for the worse, but in this time there DOMINATED every single chart and they basicly started MLG, i don't know how many of you are fermiliar with MLG but it's because of halo that it got big. Now with the halo reach they are seeing a huge drop in the number of spectators, online viewers and fans in general. This is why they are planning on making sc2 the number 1 game and putting it on the main stage!!! Why? It is quite simple REACHES GAMEPLAY SUCKS! And it is no fun to watch, and too play.

Here are a few examples of the things i don't like wich some of you brought to my attention.

- armour abilities absolutely RUIN the game

- the slow gameplay (for example the gameplay)

- the maps aren't giving me the same sensation such as a Lockout(H2) or a Pit(H3) did

- THE BLOOM! why is it even there?

So seeing the fact that the game i once loved and enjoyed playing getting ruined and seeing people who chare my opnion i feel this is the time that halo makes a turn for the better instead of the worse. So my advice to 343 industries.

- Don't look at reach

- Talk to people who have been playing the game since halo 1 considering they are you're most loyal costumers.

- Do active questioning and polls and especially again with high rated respected people.

- Talk to MLG considering they are the biggest company in competive halo.

- Take you're time to develop the game and don't rush it, we fans have patience as long it is a good decent FPS like it was intended.

- Invest in bigger and better servers that matchemaking isn't hosted by a person but that like in CS or some other games you actually play on a existing server. This is expensive but it reduces the "host" advantage.

At last, i know alot of you will disagree on my view but if you do so, say as of when you are playing halo, you're levels and why you disagree.

Hey,

I am kind of fedup with seeing all these people wanting this and that on halo 4 like for instance armour and so. I do agree it is cool to be able to change all of your amour but in my opnion they are missing the whole point. It is all about the gameplay, and think of it with halo 1,2,3 in mind NOT the new reach one!

These 3 halo's always had some changes some for good some for the worse, but in this time there DOMINATED every single chart and they basicly started MLG, i don't know how many of you are fermiliar with MLG but it's because of halo that it got big. Now with the halo reach they are seeing a huge drop in the number of spectators, online viewers and fans in general. This is why they are planning on making sc2 the number 1 game and putting it on the main stage!!! Why? It is quite simple REACHES GAMEPLAY SUCKS! And it is no fun to watch, and too play.

So seeing the fact that the game i once loved and enjoyed playing getting ruined and seeing people who chare my opnion i feel this is the time that halo makes a turn for the better instead of the worse. So my advice to 343 industries.

- Don't look at reach

- Talk to people who have been playing the game since halo 1 considering they are you're most loyal costumers.

- Do active questioning and polls and especially again with high rated respected people.

- Take you're time to develop the game and don't rush it, we fans have patience as long it is a good decent FPS like it was intended.

At last, i know alot of you will disagree on my view but if you do so, say as of when you are playing halo, you're levels and why you disagree.

Well said. I was a 50 in halo 3 and i played a little halo 2. Halo 3 was like a drug because of the true skill and competitiveness of the game. I was always trying to get better and i still am. I play halo 3 and not reach. My gamertag is Cyber Stylez. I agree with you 100% but if they made it exactly like halo 3 but focus more on just graphics and gameplay staying close to halo 2 and 3 and keep it far from reach. Less medals and definately no armor abilities that ruined halo. higher jumping. Last and but not least i think this would be cool but probably wont happen. If 343 made a sniper headshot make the head explode. That would be very intense i could imagine overkill exterms at an MLG event people would go nuts!!

OOH I FORGOT! They should not only focus on the graphics a lot more they should also invest a lot of time and money into a bigger better server so there is hardly no host In online matchmaking!!

Yea momentarely i am not playing, because i am in the middle of finals. My gamertag is my name, this isn't my main but its the one i play, played on the most. It's also my brothers and he is not a 50, actually i'm not quite sure what level he is. But i might sound cocky but i was pretty good in H3 i think, i youse to play with some semi-pro's. And that way got to know a few pro's

Title says it all.

Bring back the fun of old halo's, Gameplay >>>>>>>>>>armor/graphics/easter eggs or whatever 8 year olds like these days.

Yup you are dead on, its so frustrating because most of the comunity are noobs, not an insult but it is just a fact, they have to obey to them rather then to the skilled and experienced players. Wich is dumb because every noob wants to become a skillfull player. So hopefully alot of you show you disgust towards reach and they will make a decent halo 4

Hey,

Here are a few examples of the things i don't like wich some of you brought to my attention.

- armour abilities absolutely RUIN the game

- the slow gameplay (for example the gameplay)

- the maps aren't giving me the same sensation such as a Lockout(H2) or a Pit(H3) did

- THE BLOOM! why is it even there?

- Don't look at reach

- Invest in bigger and better servers that matchemaking isn't hosted by a person but that like in CS or some other games you actually play on a existing server. This is expensive but it reduces the "host" advantage.

Playing since Halo CE and like Reach......

Here's what I know about the vast majority that left Reach for Halo 3:

I made a poll to see what was the number one cause, over 60% said "the BR", a weapon which is so easy to aim, easy to use and barely misses a shot.

When I asked their opinions about armor lock, very, but VERY few had valid reasons, the majority was "didn't get the kill" or "got emp when I stood close to it or melee it". Which shown me a great deal act before they think.

When I asked about the DMR, most of the 50's came down on me and said: "Can't get a kill" or "too random" or "It's broken", when I asked why and how come, I found out most of them spammed the trigger FROM A DISTANCE.

Like a said before: very few provided legit and understandable excuses why they didn't like Reach while most just hated.

This was done the month Reach was released.

I like H3 and Reach. I played both for a while. I found that Reach took me a while to get used to. but you cant play Reach like H3. It's different. When I take both games for what they are, I play them both well and have fun. I have no issues with AA on Reach, but I will say I never did like using the BR much in H3, I used the AR with much succsess. In Reach I use the DMR 90% of the time and do well. You just have to use a different skill set with a different weapon. Complaining cause the DMR isnt EXACTLY like the BR is rediculas.

Playing since Halo CE and like Reach......

Here's what I know about the vast majority that left Reach for Halo 3:

I made a poll to see what was the number one cause, over 60% said "the BR", a weapon which is so easy to aim, easy to use and barely misses a shot.

When I asked their opinions about armor lock, very, but VERY few had valid reasons, the majority was "didn't get the kill" or "got emp when I stood close to it or melee it". Which shown me a great deal act before they think.

When I asked about the DMR, most of the 50's came down on me and said: "Can't get a kill" or "too random" or "It's broken", when I asked why and how come, I found out most of them spammed the trigger FROM A DISTANCE.

Like a said before: very few provided legit and understandable excuses why they didn't like Reach while most just hated.

This was done the month Reach was released.

|Hey it is obvious and well known that reach takes alot less skill and is not a halo and has too many bugs but this last thing doesnt really have to do alot with anything. And ill tell you why, luck is such a big factor with the bloom, the numbers speak for themselves too many random people with high levels. Too you were better of playing BO then the previous halo's because reach is more a BO then a halo. There is really no point in arguing you can be pro at reach and suck at H3, just look at mlg pro random kinds comming in and winning tournements LOLLLL

While I do agree that Reach is inferior to the other titles you mentioned, you also have to take into conscideration the timeline of events. Reach was well before anything in Halo 1 and so on. The armor abilities I think were added in because it wouldnt derail the tech timeline any for the previous titles. Now if we had armor abilities in halo 2, and then didnt have them in Halo 3, then it would make no sense.

They added all these new things in because of the opportunity to do so. It was a chance to try new things without hurting the story any. Armor abilities going forward shouldnt exist. halsey along with any Spartan program tech data is lost now, hence why we have no new Spartans and Armor advances being made in Halo 2 and Halo 3. If you study the weapons and gear closely while remembering the timeline, it all does fit pretty well. Lets see if I can help elaborate more....

Halo Reach: Spartans are a plenty and have a lot of funding a resources devoted to supporting them. Brutes are shaggy, weild useless weapons, and the Covenant army as a whole is obviously a lot stronger.

Halo 1: Chief is now on his own and is supposedly the last remaining active and alive Spartan. He has no tech support and is limited to what supplies and weapons are already on the POA. The Covenant have only sent a single ship to pursue the POA, and because of that, also has no real back-up or tech support. The Covenant did not plan on anybody leaving the planet alive, and because of that was not at the ready to deploy the range of firepower we saw on Reach.

Halo 2: Chief upon arriving at Earth, has a suit upgrade. One that was more than likely meant for him to recieve after leaving Reach with the intention on heading straight to Earth. The Brutes are still shaggy but weild a little more firepower, keeping with the timeline of tech development. The elites are more tactical now given the prior encounters and now know that human forces are very resourcessful. The Covenant fail to get to the ring before it is destroyed in Halo 1, and decide instead to go to Earth where the supposed Arc is. The Covenant are not well prepared for what they find on Earth since they did not know humans were there. This is why again, we see little to no new firepower being deployed, like on Reach. Chief goes to High Charity. This is the one place you would expect to find all new tech and wepaons. Wrong. The covenant have already transferred the firepower and stuff to the invading fleet for Earth. They did not expect Chief to show up in Charity, so they were not prepared.

Halo 3: This is where we see new vehicles, new outfits and new weapons far apart from what we saw in the previous titles. In keeping with tech timeline, the Covenant had decided to phase out Spectres and Revenants in favor of more Brute styled vehicles. At this time the elites are no longer part of the covenant. The humans also realize that they need new wepaons to use against the Covenant, since they had been invaded once before on Earth. This is why we see now the Hornetss and the Mongooses. There was no need back in Halo 2 since we had no idea the Covenant were coming, and a majority of said gear was on Reach, and thus we needed production time.

We see new personell weapons like the trip mine and bubble shield. We learned Covenant tactics and adapted a few of our own to match. Chief has no new suit upgrades due to lack of time and support assets. This seems reasonable in the timeline. We were too busy to worry about one guy's equipment.

ODST I would mention but those events take place during and right after Halo 2, and lead mid way into halo 3. That is why we see brutes with armor and new weapons. Because of production time for vehicles, we were forced to use Falcons instead of Hornets. Everything there should make sense after reading all of my above.

So there you have it. A well thoughtout event timeline that explains why Reach sucks in multiplayer, and also gives you a little background as to why we more than likely have things like armor abilities and those way cooler vehicles.

While I do agree that Reach is inferior to the other titles you mentioned, you also have to take into conscideration the timeline of events. Reach was well before anything in Halo 1 and so on. The armor abilities I think were added in because it wouldnt derail the tech timeline any for the previous titles. Now if we had armor abilities in halo 2, and then didnt have them in Halo 3, then it would make no sense.

They added all these new things in because of the opportunity to do so. It was a chance to try new things without hurting the story any. Armor abilities going forward shouldnt exist. halsey along with any Spartan program tech data is lost now, hence why we have no new Spartans and Armor advances being made in Halo 2 and Halo 3. If you study the weapons and gear closely while remembering the timeline, it all does fit pretty well. Lets see if I can help elaborate more....

Halo Reach: Spartans are a plenty and have a lot of funding a resources devoted to supporting them. Brutes are shaggy, weild useless weapons, and the Covenant army as a whole is obviously a lot stronger.

Halo 1: Chief is now on his own and is supposedly the last remaining active and alive Spartan. He has no tech support and is limited to what supplies and weapons are already on the POA. The Covenant have only sent a single ship to pursue the POA, and because of that, also has no real back-up or tech support. The Covenant did not plan on anybody leaving the planet alive, and because of that was not at the ready to deploy the range of firepower we saw on Reach.

Halo 2: Chief upon arriving at Earth, has a suit upgrade. One that was more than likely meant for him to recieve after leaving Reach with the intention on heading straight to Earth. The Brutes are still shaggy but weild a little more firepower, keeping with the timeline of tech development. The elites are more tactical now given the prior encounters and now know that human forces are very resourcessful. The Covenant fail to get to the ring before it is destroyed in Halo 1, and decide instead to go to Earth where the supposed Arc is. The Covenant are not well prepared for what they find on Earth since they did not know humans were there. This is why again, we see little to no new firepower being deployed, like on Reach. Chief goes to High Charity. This is the one place you would expect to find all new tech and wepaons. Wrong. The covenant have already transferred the firepower and stuff to the invading fleet for Earth. They did not expect Chief to show up in Charity, so they were not prepared.

Halo 3: This is where we see new vehicles, new outfits and new weapons far apart from what we saw in the previous titles. In keeping with tech timeline, the Covenant had decided to phase out Spectres and Revenants in favor of more Brute styled vehicles. At this time the elites are no longer part of the covenant. The humans also realize that they need new wepaons to use against the Covenant, since they had been invaded once before on Earth. This is why we see now the Hornetss and the Mongooses. There was no need back in Halo 2 since we had no idea the Covenant were coming, and a majority of said gear was on Reach, and thus we needed production time.

We see new personell weapons like the trip mine and bubble shield. We learned Covenant tactics and adapted a few of our own to match. Chief has no new suit upgrades due to lack of time and support assets. This seems reasonable in the timeline. We were too busy to worry about one guy's equipment.

ODST I would mention but those events take place during and right after Halo 2, and lead mid way into halo 3. That is why we see brutes with armor and new weapons. Because of production time for vehicles, we were forced to use Falcons instead of Hornets. Everything there should make sense after reading all of my above.

So there you have it. A well thoughtout event timeline that explains why Reach sucks in multiplayer, and also gives you a little background as to why we more than likely have things like armor abilities and those way cooler vehicles.

But still what i think that is odd that in the past reach, was better equiped. but still i kinda get it, thanks, but still i agree that a story line is cool but my main concern is multiplayer that is where i and most other poeple spend most of our time. And sorry reach just plain sucks i don't know why and what they where thinking. The whole game, maps gameplay makes no sense and is a dishonor to the Halo name and branch. It is a disgrace and if halo 4 goes back to halo 3 they will notice it and i hope they do now. The best example of reah being extremely bad is that on mlg pro. SC2 is going to take over the main stage from Halo. SC2 is going to be the main event!

I hope this really bothers the halo team and i hope they are ashamed for what they made

I have been playing since the time Halo 2 came out and I was around 7 or 8 and I loved the game. Around 10, I got Xbox live and it was the most fun I've had in my whole gaming career, and I personally liked it better than CE. CE felt much more different than H2, because of the gameplay. Anyways reverting to the more recent games, the armor changing is a fun thing to have, but, during multi-player you never see your armor and it doesn't make a difference to things like, health or mobility. I think they should limit the customization of it, or if they do apply it, then make armor have positive and negative factors weighing between mobility and protection. I don't mind having armor abilities, I like hologram and sprint, but they should keep sprint.A Spartan II has jet propulsion thrusters on his back and that's why Master Chief could do that. It wasn't a Reach ability

I have to agree about the multiplayer aspect. When it comes to the maps, I feel as if the development just got plain out lazy, and thats why they decided to use levels from the campaign. But there in itself lies the problem. There was nothing new. Usually when we saw multiplayer maps, each one added a new twist or visual to the game. With Reach it was just like, "oh wow, they put the whole level as the.....oh...they didnt. Just this crapy part". Lets face facts. Halo 2 had the only other original line-up of maps that were not all re-hashed from a previous title. Almost all the Halo 3 maps were a redo of the Halo 2 maps. The only map that wasn't a direct copy of an existing map was Narrows. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing to get mad about when they introduce redone maps that are done good, and feel different, but Reach really did not deliver with it. The campaign was hands down the best, obviously. But multiplayer was an epic fail.

Hopefully, they will go back to what started the epic goodness that was Halo Multiplayer, but right now, seeing as how they have a brand new Reach overhauled blam! engine to work with, I doubt it will revert and ignore the advances and just focus on the core multi aspect. but here is hoping anyways!

this is what ive been saying since reach came out, the GT is Baykem, MLG and trueskill are why i came back to play halo day after day, i loved halo, even if there was no MLG id still love halo 3, i didnt play much h2, i loved the BR not because it was easy to use, but to master it took skill, especially with real time physics, I dont like the DMR because its not really meant for close ranges, while the BR is a ALL PURPOSE weapon, i only like sprint because i feel like speeds the game up, i dont like anything else, even though i could deal with evade its very handy in almost every situation. and i love my trueskill system beacuse, it just make the game that much more intense, no matter what skill level you are, if you skill goes up or dpwn even one point you know you care, or else you wouldnt keep playing it in the first place. (and btw i had a 50 before in lone wolves but the account was hacked and they changed the gamertag and i cant remember the password to my old e-mail)

They need to stop making covanent looking like dolls and have weak plasma weapons and scarabs. The new halos have the feeling of being built in forge because of lack of scaring in terrain and major lack of blood and gore like in halo 1 and 2. They need to bring back halo 2 style multi-player, the Armour abilities was noble teams, not chiefs. Halo needs to be as violent with gore like halo CE and great music and scenery to keep you wandering whats next, as well as 60rd assault rifle back and Ce plasma pistols; common the halo reach and 3's weapons just shoot like their toy guns and just feel not right in the campaign. I don't want to have halo 4 feel like a forge world and just plain no good things such as reachs so called campaign that had like multiple Multi-player maps, which made every thing feel like firefight instead of the main story at the time. Bring color ranking elites back, not the dinosaur ones from halo reach and 3. And same goes with CE or 2's flood. 3's flood looked dumb and were weak. And maybe bring back the Rampaging brutes from halo 2. The ones with the fancy Armour are just weak and boring. Also make the AI interact and talk like they did in CE and Halo 2 all the time. H3 and reach they seemed to be scriptless and half of the civilians in reach looked the same and were running into walls like idiots. AND, bring the bullet reflective jackal shields from halo one back, not the clowns from halo 3 and reach that were to tall to hide all the way behind their shield just to have it break from a couple projectiles.

I have to agree about the multiplayer aspect. When it comes to the maps, I feel as if the development just got plain out lazy, and thats why they decided to use levels from the campaign. But there in itself lies the problem. There was nothing new. Usually when we saw multiplayer maps, each one added a new twist or visual to the game. With Reach it was just like, "oh wow, they put the whole level as the.....oh...they didnt. Just this crapy part". Lets face facts. Halo 2 had the only other original line-up of maps that were not all re-hashed from a previous title. Almost all the Halo 3 maps were a redo of the Halo 2 maps. The only map that wasn't a direct copy of an existing map was Narrows. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing to get mad about when they introduce redone maps that are done good, and feel different, but Reach really did not deliver with it. The campaign was hands down the best, obviously. But multiplayer was an epic fail.

Hopefully, they will go back to what started the epic goodness that was Halo Multiplayer, but right now, seeing as how they have a brand new Reach overhauled blam! engine to work with, I doubt it will revert and ignore the advances and just focus on the core multi aspect. but here is hoping anyways!

Yea i know that is what is so frustrating because alright the campaing is good indeed but im like a kid that plays ah campaign once or twice not more, so i am like hardcore multiplayer. And now it just frustrates me so much, like i said in h3 i was like legit good, and now on reach i am sucking, like okey i stil have more wins then losses and so on, but just idk the thrill of getting a dubbel out BR or so forth isnt there anymore. Im getting out dmred by random kids, the bullets don't always connect and so on so idk but i am really starting to hate on halo and as soon as i find i better game i will have to switch because i am getting so frustrated with it and that leeds to other problems. So they really royaly ****** up in my point of view

They need to stop making covanent looking like dolls and have weak plasma weapons and scarabs. The new halos have the feeling of being built in forge because of lack of scaring in terrain and major lack of blood and gore like in halo 1 and 2. They need to bring back halo 2 style multi-player, the Armour abilities was noble teams, not chiefs. Halo needs to be as violent with gore like halo CE and great music and scenery to keep you wandering whats next, as well as 60rd assault rifle back and Ce plasma pistols; common the halo reach and 3's weapons just shoot like their toy guns and just feel not right in the campaign. I don't want to have halo 4 feel like a forge world and just plain no good things such as reachs so called campaign that had like multiple Multi-player maps, which made every thing feel like firefight instead of the main story at the time. Bring color ranking elites back, not the dinosaur ones from halo reach and 3. And same goes with CE or 2's flood. 3's flood looked dumb and were weak. And maybe bring back the Rampaging brutes from halo 2. The ones with the fancy Armour are just weak and boring. Also make the AI interact and talk like they did in CE and Halo 2 all the time. H3 and reach they seemed to be scriptless and half of the civilians in reach looked the same and were running into walls like idiots. AND, bring the bullet reflective jackal shields from halo one back, not the clowns from halo 3 and reach that were to tall to hide all the way behind their shield just to have it break from a couple projectiles.

I do agree on the fact that now the guns sound like toys, like in halo 1 and 2 the guns sounded like mean and insain, especially the br then they made it sound like toy guns with no recal. And the DMR litterally i think it completely sucks soooo hard, like now it is just spamming bullets hoping you hit it if your bloom is not too big. It is so gay, i reallly really hope they just make h3 better with no abbilities just a FPS, like in halo 2, no damn dropshields and healthregens and so on.

this is what ive been saying since reach came out, the GT is Baykem, MLG and trueskill are why i came back to play halo day after day, i loved halo, even if there was no MLG id still love halo 3, i didnt play much h2, i loved the BR not because it was easy to use, but to master it took skill, especially with real time physics, I dont like the DMR because its not really meant for close ranges, while the BR is a ALL PURPOSE weapon, i only like sprint because i feel like speeds the game up, i dont like anything else, even though i could deal with evade its very handy in almost every situation. and i love my trueskill system beacuse, it just make the game that much more intense, no matter what skill level you are, if you skill goes up or dpwn even one point you know you care, or else you wouldnt keep playing it in the first place. (and btw i had a 50 before in lone wolves but the account was hacked and they changed the gamertag and i cant remember the password to my old e-mail)

The reason why the game is so slow nowadays is because, of one the DMR it slows down the game alot compared to the BR, and too the normal, running speed is slower than the mlg version in H3 where they ran for 110%. The fact that you need 2 beatdowns and a shot delays it aswell, the fact that your health and shield take so long, that automatic weapons do ****, that there are alot of one**** one kill weapons such as grenade launcher delay the game. In halo 3 nobody said that the game was slow, and in mlg they didnt have ANY abilities. So you dont need to add abilities to make the game faster, you just need to go back in time. My opnion is, If-it-aint-broke-DONT-*******-FIX-IT!!!!