Servers down?

Natusia

I'm having some issues with the servers.

It was perfectly fine until today. I have been getting message "The Halo 4 servers are not available. Please try again later. Matchmaking has switched to using the default playlist"

To be honest, I'm not happy at all about this. Especially considering I found out SWAT is now a playlist.

Is there anyway to fix this or is it on 343's end?

Im having the same issue :/ I can't even play spartan ops I get a "!" in a triangle with that message where the missions should be on the spartan ops screen... I'm talking to microsoft now to see if they can do anythign but it's been over an hour and nothigns working :wallbash:

• Like 1

I got the errors again today. ): I cleared my cache, and even redownloaded the second disc.

Gave up, decided to go and try my friends xbox, downloaded all the shabang I needed, and it worked.

343 do me a favor? Get this fixed before I have to give this xbox back.

Went down on my friends xbox as well after a little bit of playing...

I'm livid... |:<

Waiting to talk to xbox support to see if theres anything more that can be done... ._.

Xbox support didn't help at all and just told me to post on the waypoint forums. ):

Getting the same thing...2 friends I always play with less than 3 miles from me are playing together fine. But not me. Can't join their party or play certain game modes. Very lame. Was fine when I got off at 2am this morning, but when I woke up and got on at noon this started happening.

Every time I ask if anyone knows anything I just get "Lots of people are having the same issue"

It's incredibly frustrating that this is a wide-spread problem and 343 isn't making an announcement about it. Even a: "We don't know what the hell is going on but we're working on it!" would be better than being silent.

I'm having this very same issue and it's been 16 Hours now of no Halo 4 and all I see is my friends play War Games and Spartan Ops while I scour the internet looking for ways to fix this issue.

I almost feel like 343 is waiting for a member of the community to find a fix to then post on YouTube instead of finding one themselves :P

• 3 months later...

its a server glitch on 343's end. far as I know when the servers start getting stressed they pick random accounts to put into a backup server for a random amount of time from a few minutes to weeks. only solution ive been able to find is removing your xboxlive account from your xbox and then recovering it without deleting any saved game info. other than that there hasn't been much if any info given out about it by 343 or Microsoft other than a post or two. and as far as Microsoft is concerned they fixed the problem months ago or so they said in a press release. occasionally it is for maintenance but for the most part at any given moment between a few hundred and a few thousand people are thrown into a backup server randomly for no discernible reason.