Feels cheap

Jaime--b

Just got Halo 4 about an hour ago, and I hate to be that guy who complains but on first impressions it feels and looks very cheap. Like one of those unkown titles you take a chance on and then think "oh S***".

I've been playing BF3 for the last few months and before that Reach (which in contrast to many I thought was a great game) and in comparison to those games the graphics/textures, gameplay and sound are all just ........ errrrr, sorry to say guys, but crappy. There are a few things that I could ***** about but It generally just doesn't feel nice to play at all, it almost feels like it's unfinished.

I have't had chance to try out the campaign yet but so far I can't believe that this is receiving ratings of above 9 on sites like IGN. Is it just me?, is everybody else pleased with how this game turned out?.

Maybe I should give it some time to grow on me.

You have played it for an hour and then come on and say it is absolute rubbish, the sound and the way it looks it crap? Way to go man, this must be the quickest I've seen someone jump on and complain about it. Without playing the campaign aswell.

The sound is without a doubt one of the best sounding games I've ever heard.

As for the graphics, the are really really good for what the 360 has to offer with its really out of date hardware. It has got to be one of the best looking games available on console.

The gameplay...is halo, what more can you ask?

I have had the sound disappear for weapons twice on multi player. My portait had no weapon once even though he appeared to be aiming it. I lost an entire day of saved progress on the campaign even though it said saved. I cannot believe the lack of music. Halo has always had the music that got you going. Even at the open screen..a little bit of ahhh then boom the music came in. This just has some people doing ahhh ahha ahh...then you wait and nothing. Loses the illusion of epicness. There is no music to give me that sense of urgency. I also miss the one man vs the world feel. I do like the graphics.

You have played it for an hour and then come on and say it is absolute rubbish, the sound and the way it looks it crap? Way to go man, this must be the quickest I've seen someone jump on and complain about it. Without playing the campaign aswell.

The sound is without a doubt one of the best sounding games I've ever heard.

As for the graphics, the are really really good for what the 360 has to offer with its really out of date hardware. It has got to be one of the best looking games available on console.

The gameplay...is halo, what more can you ask?

Well no offence but I do have to disagree with you, first of all the Graphics. They are clunky, rugged and some animations are plain ugly. (*SPOILER*) Look at campaing one where you get to the are when you go to space on the deck, there you will shoot a big missile at enemy ship and look how clunky and ugly the explosion is, it is just like it is out from a game that was made in 2000 or even older.

The audio has it´s pros and cons, some are improved like the assault rifle, some have went to worse direction like Warthog sounds more like a drilling machine or it is an electric car and not the manly beast it used to be.

Also I like some of the new music they have done, but they forgot the basic feeling it was meant to give. Now I rather notice it being played wheres it used to make me feel like part of something far more bigger than I am.