The Storm Rifle

Cocoa

Time to talk about the gun most of you probably think is garbage, the Covenant Storm Rifle. It was the first gun I spent Spartan points on and after using it in 3 matches of Infinity Slayer and having my ass handed to me I said to myself "This gun is bull ****! Its to weak and has no range, always loses against players using the Assault Rifle, what were they thinking?

So after a while I came back to it to see if I missed something, if it could be used effectivley. Now obviously it is not a gun for a map like Ragnarok, way to short range, you will get picked apart by DMR, Carbine, Battle Rifle, Light Rifle, and even the Magnum.

So I decided to try my luck at smaller maps like Abandon in a variety of game types like King of the Hill, Oddball, 4x4 team slayer.

Load out used

Storm Rifle,

Plasma pistol

Pulse Grenade

Regeneration field

Grenadier

Explosives

Since I had the Regeneration field I made it a point to stay close to my teammates usually a few feet behind them and always close to the corners. When they rounded a corner and started to engage opponents I would cover come out wide and survey the situation. How many opponents How close, what weapons, than duck back, usually after absorbing a few shots if the enemy was far away. Drop the Regen Field to heal teammates and myself, wait for the enemy to pursue, throw Pulse grenades. With the explosive upgrade those Pulse grenade are a lot bigger and can really disorient and cut off the enemies escape if thrown behind them.

Now is the time for that Storm Rifle to earn its keep. The enemy is cut off from escape, your standing in a Regen field and dont have to worry about reloading. I earned a few double and even triple kills this way with the Storm rifle.

When an enemy has full shields, fire until they pop, stop for 1 second at the most to keep from over heating, then finish them off. A lot of DMR using opponents will jump to get away, by pausing to keep the Storm Rifle from ovet heating you can more easily track them. The longer the Storm Rifle fires the worse its accuracy gets.

It is by far an ambush/support weapon, protect your teammates from being flanked, be a distraction. I got a lot of WINGMAN, DISTRACTION, ASSIST, AVENGER and PROTECTOR medals.

I was never first place.in kills, but I did have the highest K/D ratio a few times thanks to Regen field.

Today I am going to try to employ the Hard Light Shield into my Storm Rifle loadout, we will see how it goes.

I think the best thing its good for is in combination with hardlight shield on a close quarters map.

Because of it's burst damage, if you block say someones initial shotgun blast, or half of a clip of assault rifle bullets or etc, you can utilize the no reload feature to own faces.

Generally this is good for FFA if you're good at not getting killed from behind, but its also great for covering a hallway for team fights.

No pair it with Promethean Vision, Camo, Or Hologram and always use Dexterity. Using the AR's as ambush weapons or playing defensively with them (like on CTF) is the best way to use their close range power. NOT that the OP's Idea is bad, I've done the something similar and it works fine but ambush ambush ambush is the way to go.