A plea to 343 for MLG gametypes

Solaire Astora

There are a couple of things that the MLG community would love from 343. We need the ability to turn off sprint in every gametype and also be able to turn off instant respawn. It would also be nice if you could drop and the flag or not be able to throw the ball, but one thing at a time.

So I'm not asking for the custom settings. I know that wont happen.

All I'm asking is that you make a gametype with no sprint and with respawns on for slayer and then send it to MLG to use.

You did this for us for no bloom in Reach and I would love that to happen for Halo 4.

Thanks.

Halo 4 would be more successful if they put in Guardian. P.s I want the original MLG settings settings back from Halo 3.

Not really, one map can't change how MLG is played.

I agree with Astora, the ability to turn of sprint would be awesome. I also think you should be able to drop flag.

Stop asking for stupid things like this. Sprint is a part of the game now; this game is made for faster gameplay. The only thing MLG needs to do about anything is come up with a devious spawn system because making one in this game is hard af.

And how is this a plea? The general MLG community would frown on this.

• Like 1

Stop asking for stupid things like this. Sprint is a part of the game now; this game is made for faster gameplay. The only thing MLG needs to do about anything is come up with a devious spawn system because making one in this game is hard af.

And no instant respawn/killcams. Which I think you can already change..

There are a couple of things that the MLG community would love from 343. We need the ability to turn off sprint in every gametype and also be able to turn off instant respawn. It would also be nice if you could drop and the flag or not be able to throw the ball.

I would love to see these added. Also, to be able to toggle sprint on/off for gametypes would be amazing.

Praise The Sun! \o/

Just have halo 3 mlg settings but with sprint. then everyone would be happy!

So remove 90% of the weapons and throw in a movement mechanic that completely ruins the flow and pacing of any good map? That sounds absolutely awful. And don't say that the maps are built with sprint in mind, any map built around sprint is not a good Halo map.

I get what you're saying: It's part of the game, change happens, deal with it. The fact of the matter is that we tried that in Reach and the franchise that had been the flagship for MLG practically since it was started was soon taken off of the circuit completely. In this case, change is not good. Now obviously enough sprint was the only horrid factor that led to Halo practically hitting rock bottom, but we do know that Halo was the centerpiece of competitive gaming for nearly a decade before it. I say that we go with the settings that has proven to be successful and not try to gamble anymore on what has become a fragile multiplayer experience until Halo's foundation of players has been reaffirmed.

• 3 weeks later...

please give us instant respawn off and no sprint..........

we need it in more than slayer too, I don't want flag and slayer again.

Flag is my favorite gametype but I wannt king and odd ball too.

Dropping flag would be good too but keep regular halo 4 gametype too, they play differently.

Not dropping the flag w/ magnum should be a new gametype, not replace CTF.