Where is FFA? Regicide is not FFA

JManizzle

I understand that 343 would want to create new gameplay types, I have no problem with this.

What I can't understand is why matchmaking is so limited when it comes to game types.

Why put in a variant of FFA but no FFA? What happened to SWAT? Why are there so few pro options?

It just shows a lack of care for the game when it is shipped with such a limited variety. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I like Regicide and i know this will not be the only FFA variant available. By the way anyone that is good at FFA will appreciate what Regicide is. It actually is normail FFA with a bonus for killing the leader, and as leader you are a marked tartget. It makes the game challenging and balanced.

balanced??? are you kidding? regicide is the epitome of unbalancing free for all. you are at such an disadvantage when leading. the fact that you dying will give someone else 3.5X the amount of points you get for killing anyone else is completely unfair. FFA is balanced on its own. Regicide just gives bad kids a chance at a lucky win. a regular FFA playlist needs to come back.

I've been quite liking Regecide. It gets intense when you become the king because suddenly there's all that pressure to make sure you don't die and give someone that boost. I've played a couple rounds where I was king right up until the end when someone killed me, got the bonus, and won the match 10 points ahead of me. Good times! Intense!

balanced??? are you kidding? regicide is the epitome of unbalancing free for all. you are at such an disadvantage when leading. the fact that you dying will give someone else 3.5X the amount of points you get for killing anyone else is completely unfair. FFA is balanced on its own. Regicide just gives bad kids a chance at a lucky win. a regular FFA playlist needs to come back.

Couldn't disagree more. Have that bonus for killing the king makes the game balanced because anyone can still be in the game no matter how bad of a start they got. In classic FFA, and Rumble Pit, if you had a bad start it was hard to come back from it. In Regicide, you can come back as long as you play it right. Also, as MelnykMachine noted, Regicide is super intense when you're the king. There's nothing quite like fighting off an endless barrage of enemies as everyone comes looking for you. It's a lot like Juggernaut with the only difference being that everyone else can still fight each other.

Personally, I love Regicide. Furthermore, the playlists are great as they are. And for you all you idiots that keep asking "WHY IS THERE SO LITTLEZ IN PLAYLISTSSSSS?!?!?!!??!" 343 has made it abundantly clear that new playlists are on the horizon and will be here in less than a week. So chill the **** out.

I've been quite liking Regecide. It gets intense when you become the king because suddenly there's all that pressure to make sure you don't die and give someone that boost. I've played a couple rounds where I was king right up until the end when someone killed me, got the bonus, and won the match 10 points ahead of me. Good times! Intense!

That sounds really unfair actually.

• Like 1

I too enjoy regicide. While it is a bit unfair for the king, it's pretty darn fun regardless. Sort of the exact opposite of Juggernaut. Also, it's balanced because if you can stay alive for a certain amount of time as the king you get a medal and an over-shield that helps you out. Trust me, that over-shield DOES help the king out. I got robbed in my last game of regicide by that over-shield. xD Had the king at oneshot right when he got it, and lost by five points. lol

i havent played this gametype yet, but it doesnt sound fun after reading the posts above

Oh trust me, man. It's really fun. Give it a shot. Play a few games before you give up on the playlist as it may take a game or two to really get used to the style. Happy hunting.