The Diadect

SpartanX22

He's not dead, you hear him narrating the epilogue

And we know his motivation, revenge for the Human-Forerunner war

Well that's not certain , yes it is him who is talking but that could have been a longtime ago , I mean he did mention about it being a sin not to destroy humanity, he was obviously talking to someone , which could have been a long time ago or another race has returned (say the forerunners)

Just a thought

Well that's not certain , yes it is him who is talking but that could have been a longtime ago , I mean he did mention about it being a sin not to destroy humanity, he was obviously talking to someone , which could have been a long time ago or another race has returned (say the forerunners)

Just a thought

Yes it is because we hear him say something like "Humanity stands as the greatest threat on the galaxy- And now we have this fate we are forced to recede-. Reclamation has already begun, and we wish to stop it." That's all referring to current events. Humanity is the greatest threat in 2557, and the Didact couldn't talk about his punishment because he was unconscious when he was placed in the Cryptum. And the thing that confirms it is the last sentence "Reclamation has already begun, and we wish to stop it." Humanity has begun to rise up and reclaim the mantle, so he is owing to try and stop it, again.so yes, the epilogue does confirm the Didact is alive.

Basically.. just take everything they messed up such as the extremely inaccurate depiction of the Didact, and tell yourself it's a lie.

They deviated so far from the books it's silly.

Hold on, I don't think the book has ever really detailed a forerunners appearence, just that they are tall.

Yes it is because we hear him say something like "Humanity stands as the greatest threat on the galaxy- And now we have this fate we are forced to recede-. Reclamation has already begun, and we wish to stop it." That's all referring to current events. Humanity is the greatest threat in 2557, and the Didact couldn't talk about his punishment because he was unconscious when he was placed in the Cryptum. And the thing that confirms it is the last sentence "Reclamation has already begun, and we wish to stop it." Humanity has begun to rise up and reclaim the mantle, so he is owing to try and stop it, again.so yes, the epilogue does confirm the Didact is alive.

Actually, before the Human-Forerunner war began, the Forerunners saw humanity as their greatest threat. The Didact was the Supreme Commander of the Forerunner military at this point, so it is possible that it is a quote from around this time.

Actually, before the Human-Forerunner war began, the Forerunners saw humanity as their greatest threat. The Didact was the Supreme Commander of the Forerunner military at this point, so it is possible that it is a quote from around this time.

But he is referring to using the composer when he says several stuff (accused of a sin in ensuring forerunner ascendency) so it couldn't be before the Human-Forerunner War

the didact and the librarian according to the halo encyclopedia, were in love and the librarian didnt go to requiem with the didact and saved the humans by populating them on earth, where she died and the humans lived on. due to this, the didact became enraged and wanted revenge,

the didact and the librarian according to the halo encyclopedia, were in love and the librarian didnt go to requiem with the didact and saved the humans by populating them on earth, where she died and the humans lived on. due to this, the didact became enraged and wanted revenge,

Thats not why he's angry in the game. It's because of the war with humans in which he lost his children. He was even angry towards the Librarian in the campaign, so that's not his motivation.

I think people also seem to forget that this is part 1 of a part 3 series. All the thought of mystery has been thrown out the window for the "expect everything answered" option, just because there is a 4 stuck on the title at the end.

Hindsight is a horrible thing to have for Halo apparently. According to people's logic Combat Evolved was also trash.

For being part 1 of a trilogy it's pretty dumb to kill of a main bad guy.

It took the chief 3 games and a span of 20 old years( give or take a few) to defeat the covenant who are apparently inferior to the Diadect, but it took the chief little less than 3 missions to defeat the Diadect , which is funny. I understand the covenant were a large army but the Diadect had a vast army of Prometheans :)

For being part 1 of a trilogy it's pretty dumb to kill of a main bad guy.

It took the chief 3 games and a span of 20 old years( give or take a few) to defeat the covenant who are apparently inferior to the Diadect, but it took the chief little less than 3 missions to defeat the Diadect , which is funny. I understand the covenant were a large army but the Diadect had a vast army of Prometheans :)

The Didact is not dead

Well falling from that bridge was one thing after having a grenade exploded in his chest , but surviving the huge explosion is a long shot.

He fell into a splispace portal. Cortana points out its existance. Also the layout of the ship is confusing as you are in space, but basically up is down and down is up, so he completely misses the Composer's beam also.

He fell into a splispace portal. Cortana points out its existance. Also the layout of the ship is confusing as you are in space, but basically up is down and down is up, so he completely misses the Composer's beam also.

this is all true not to mention he is talking at the end and he is a cool villian if you dont like his face you cant lie his armor was nice as was his helmet he is cool and i think a lot of people liked him he will be back.

Chief took the composer because Librarian gave him mutations... Why the heck wouldn't Didact who apparently had force pull, choke, and other stuff, not be able to survive the Composer like Chief did? Its not confirmed that he is dead but its not confirmed he is alive. He could be just a small preview of something worse to come. I don't know if Mankind has enough ships like the UNSC Infinity (which ripped a hole a in the ship) to handle an entire Forunner Fleet.

I had thought that the slip space portal was being used as a power source for the composer. Saying that, wouldn't the portal lead into the composer? If so, Wouldn't that mean that the Didact got Composed? No killed, turned into a digital form or his former self.

The Didact can't be composed because in one of the terminals he mentions how he tried to go through procedures that would make it impossible for the flood to consume him. He says those tests failed, and when a promethean recommends he should compose himself, the Didact says the Composer will no longer work on him. So he went through the slip space portal, but he wasn't composed.

The Didact can't be composed because in one of the terminals he mentions how he tried to go through procedures that would make it impossible for the flood to consume him. He says those tests failed, and when a promethean recommends he should compose himself, the Didact says the Composer will no longer work on him. So he went through the slip space portal, but he wasn't composed.

Oh, ok. I haven't found all the terminals and even if I do I don't plan on watching them. Thanks for the info.

I had thought that the slip space portal was being used as a power source for the composer. Saying that, wouldn't the portal lead into the composer? If so, Wouldn't that mean that the Didact got Composed? No killed, turned into a digital form or his former self.

Yes, while the composer was digitizing humans in New phoenix he fell into slipspace portal along with all the other humans, I think.

Who wants to bet cortana needs chief to free her from his evil clutches in digiland, and the only way freeing her is by making her flesh, then they fall in love and live happily ever after...

The didacts appearence is actually close to the books,more so in the terminals.He did alot of test on himself and the end result his space vampire look in Halo 4,What i wanna know is if Ur Didact did die at the end of Halo 4,where is the Bornstellar Didact? his character in the game as disappionting his motivation was messy,i dont know how or why his personality in the book changed so much compared to the game.I'm just confused to be honest about alot of things,hopefully Silentium will clear things up?