Infection custom games are ruined.

Tuite

While I was finishing up my forged map I decided to edit my flood gametype to suit my map. I discovered a HUGE issue. You can't change the floods weapons. This is only a issue because it also limits forging as well. People are not going to build cool original maps because they can't give there Zombies the right equipment. I like the idea that they give you the flood skin but we should be able to take it off. At the very least 343i should release a title update with the option to change the weapon of the infected.

Here are some famous game modes that could not exist without letting your infected character hold a weapon besides the Energy sword/Claw.

Train: The survivors spawned in a long line of train carts that the zombies had to knock down or kill people in. The zombies had Rocket Launchers so it was challenging for the survivors to survive.

Duck hunt: The goal of this was to evade the zombies sniper rifle fire until you reached a safe zone where you could kill him. The zombie had a Sniper Rifle in this mode.

Halo: Survivors would spawn on the edge of a halo ring an would drive in vehicles all the way around a ring, while evading sniper fire from the zombie high up in the sky. When a survivor reached the safe zone he would have a chance at killing the infected.

• Like 2

The custom game community got a huge slap to the face H4, if they don't patch in extra game options or modes then halo 4 will be dead in a few months and no one will care. Lots of game options = lots of different and fun game modes = the game stays fresh for longer = people play for longer. Though some things were done well, halo 4 is just moving towards the format of modern shooters and in my opinion was made to milk the franchise rather then satisfy the community. Hopefully 343 will prove me wrong and not fall flat like diablo 3.

The custom game community got a huge slap to the face H4, if they don't patch in extra game options or modes then halo 4 will be dead in a few months and no one will care. Lots of game options = lots of different and fun game modes = the game stays fresh for longer = people play for longer. Though some things were done well, halo 4 is just moving towards the format of modern shooters and in my opinion was made to milk the franchise rather then satisfy the community. Hopefully 343 will prove me wrong and not fall flat like diablo 3.

Exactly what I was thinking. It also kind of limits forgers if you really think about it. People will not want to create maps because the zombies not playing a bigger role then just a flood with a claw.

If everyone remembers, Halo reach shipped with very few gamemodes, a lot were added in later updates, so it might happen here too. But if they dont add the classic infection back, or allow the flood gametype to be more customisable, then i will be going back to reach to play forge and custom games, infection was the best part of it.

Only bad thing about it, Campaign and matchmaking are great

I am pretty pissed about this too, but you have to understand that 343 is probably going to put out the game type later in a title update maybe. Sort of like how they added SWAT to matchmaking. I mean they hsvent said they arent going to, so a little optimisim ciuld go a long way. Also they said they had some stuff, that can be put into the game post launch mind you, that they didn't have time to put in before launch. I never judge a game I really like on it's launch week or month. I wait a while and see......but seriously if this isn't the case, what the hell 343?

I am pretty pissed about this too, but you have to understand that 343 is probably going to put out the game type later in a title update maybe. Sort of like how they added SWAT to matchmaking. I mean they hsvent said they arent going to, so a little optimisim ciuld go a long way. Also they said they had some stuff, that can be put into the game post launch mind you, that they didn't have time to put in before launch. I never judge a game I really like on it's launch week or month. I wait a while and see......but seriously if this isn't the case, what the hell 343?

The big problem I see, is that they haven't acknowledged the community's complaints. I wish someone from 343 would formally address these issues, because they are serious issues.

While I was finishing up my forged map I decided to edit my flood gametype to suit my map. I discovered a HUGE issue. You can't change the floods weapons. This is only a issue because it also limits forging as well. People are not going to build cool original maps because they can't give there Zombies the right equipment. I like the idea that they give you the flood skin but we should be able to take it off. At the very least 343i should release a title update with the option to change the weapon of the infected.

Here are some famous game modes that could not exist without letting your infected character hold a weapon besides the Energy sword/Claw.

Train: The survivors spawned in a long line of train carts that the zombies had to knock down or kill people in. The zombies had Rocket Launchers so it was challenging for the survivors to survive.

Duck hunt: The goal of this was to evade the zombies sniper rifle fire until you reached a safe zone where you could kill him. The zombie had a Sniper Rifle in this mode.

Halo: Survivors would spawn on the edge of a halo ring an would drive in vehicles all the way around a ring, while evading sniper fire from the zombie high up in the sky. When a survivor reached the safe zone he would have a chance at killing the infected.

It's a jump to conclusions mat! You see? It's a mat... And you jump. TO CONCLUSIONS! No... Just... That's a very bad idea... Just awful.