[Spoiler] halo 4 ending :( *rant*

Seanie117

Maybe I can shed some light on what may be happening. Note I had time to read ALL the novels waiting for this game to arrive.

The Librarian refers to Cortana as an Ancilla, this is the AI that the forerunners had in there armor.

When master Chief was "evolved" he began to hear voices from the Didact that Cortana could not hear, remember he asked her if she could hear it.

This would imply that Master Chief now has access to the "domain", basically a place where all previous forerunner spirits and knowledge exsists and can be accessed through lets say meditation. Its one way the forerunners retain knowledge for generations. Ancilla's help forerunners to access the domain and draw from the knowledge there.

In closing Cortana is quite possibly part of the domain now and I would say half way through the next Halo game she will be in full force with Master "Forerunner" Chief, not in Computer chip form but a part of his being.

Dude, that is probably the best theory i have heard, and i have been looking over forums for ideas on how she lives for weeks. this pretty much sums up most of the good ideas and bridges them. Cortana died while being connected to a forerunner network, and there is no telling what could happen there. The chief with his "evolution", he was essentially transformed by forerunners, and his connection to the domain is genius. The chiefs evolution, the domain, his speech with the Didact, all stories which were left unfinished.

Maybe I can shed some light on what may be happening. Note I had time to read ALL the novels waiting for this game to arrive.

The Librarian refers to Cortana as an Ancilla, this is the AI that the forerunners had in there armor.

When master Chief was "evolved" he began to hear voices from the Didact that Cortana could not hear, remember he asked her if she could hear it.

This would imply that Master Chief now has access to the "domain", basically a place where all previous forerunner spirits and knowledge exsists and can be accessed through lets say meditation. Its one way the forerunners retain knowledge for generations. Ancilla's help forerunners to access the domain and draw from the knowledge there.

In closing Cortana is quite possibly part of the domain now and I would say half way through the next Halo game she will be in full force with Master "Forerunner" Chief, not in Computer chip form but a part of his being.

Chief isn't in the domain because Cortana isn't a forerunner ancilla. When the librarian said ancilla she just meant A.I., because if Chief heard the Didact through the domain, she would be able to hear him as well which she points out she doesn't. Chief has the Gaeas of the Didact, you know what that is since you read the novels, and its the most reasonable solution to why he hears the Didact.

Why the heck did the librarian index the Didacts DNA? and which Didact is in the game? The Bornstellar gestalt? or the real Didact? what set of circumstances brought bornstellar to the conclusion that humanity must be composed and used against the flood? If memory serves me right, The domain was the accumulated knowledge base of the forerunner history and sciences as well as their communication medium set in another dimension scape that had no time or distance and the ancilla's used it as a main comlink to each other across the galaxy, until mendicant bias corrupted it somehow.

I suppose that's why old guilty spark set off on his adventure to find his friends and the Librarian and to find out what happened to The Domain which kind of kills my previous assertion about a possible cortana survival scenario.

So, if she survived albeit in a fragment form, could it be in a system amongst the Didacts ships wreckage?

Why the heck did the librarian index the Didacts DNA? and which Didact is in the game? The Bornstellar gestalt? or the real Didact? what set of circumstances brought bornstellar to the conclusion that humanity must be composed and used against the flood? If memory serves me right, The domain was the accumulated knowledge base of the forerunner history and sciences as well as their communication medium set in another dimension scape that had no time or distance and the ancilla's used it as a main comlink to each other across the galaxy, until mendicant bias corrupted it somehow.

I suppose that's why old guilty spark set off on his adventure to find his friends and the Librarian and to find out what happened to The Domain which kind of kills my previous assertion about a possible cortana survival scenario.

So, if she survived albeit in a fragment form, could it be in a system amongst the Didacts ships wreckage?

Its th Ur-Didact because he fought in the Human-Forerunner War, and that wasnt spark in Promordium, but another monitor.

Its th Ur-Didact because he fought in the Human-Forerunner War, and that wasnt spark in Promordium, but another monitor.

The Ur-Didact? So i was semi right from months ago about the original or is he a clone? I thought that monitor was Guilty Spark? What monitor was it then? Verly Interlesting Sierra, It's starting to spark my interest again.

The Didacts ship should of been composed of hard light as well as materials.

Sierra, you want to point me in the direction where the Ur Didact data can be found?

I dont feel she fully gone forever, i think we are just left wanting to know whats in store for Cortana.

Remember the librarian mentions Cortana at being a step they had planned for millenia ago. And on top of that she had done something shes never done, enter the physical world through harnessed energy, she didnt die as a hologram and a chip.

The Ur-Didact? So i was semi right from months ago about the original or is he a clone? I thought that monitor was Guilty Spark? What monitor was it then? Verly Interlesting Sierra, It's starting to spark my interest again.

The Didacts ship should of been composed of hard light as well as materials.

Sierra, you want to point me in the direction where the Ur Didact data can be found?

Ok so remember when you met the Didact in Cryptum and he was executed? Well that was the Ur-Didact, or Original Didact. Bornstellar was just carrying the Ur-Didacts Conscious. So it turns out the Ur-Didact wasn't executed, but instead was abandoned in a flood-infested system, and although we don't know how, it looks like he got back to the forerunner empire. And yes, you were right aout that a couple months ago(virtual high-five!). And that monitor wasn't Spark, but just Chakas. Spark is one of multiple fragments of the Chakas monitor because he tells the science team(remember this is in 2558) "I see one of me has already caused you trouble." All the Ur-Didact info is from Cryptum, Primordium, and the official description for Silentium.

Cortana isn't dead, look up and read some books before you rant and complain. This is already driving me insane with the complaining!

She's gone bud.

You can have millions of copies of anything but that particular Cortana with her "KNOWLEDGE" and "EXPERIENCE" right up to when she said "Welcome home John" ceased to exist 5 seconds later, the key is in the capitalized words i used and what she said to MC during one of the cutscenes. "There will be another me but it won't be the me now" not the actual words but close. So, we have several scenario's we can imagine.

A human whom she is based off is only the accumulation of their knowledge and experience, you can't have knowledge without the other or vice a versa. We can download knowledge and expand it but we can't without an experience base to go off on know it without going through it, we are organic and operate 24 seconds ahead of thought generation or action potential constantly. I can't prove it but i bet we have a level of consciousness that runs to a faster clock than the rest of our consciousness hence the brain spikes before a action potential is acted upon. you can look up neuroscience and once you get a good understanding of how far they have come in that science, you will realize that there is a major fudge factor that's been put in to compensate for this mystery.

Remember she's a replica of Halsey's neural network, organic based, I wonder how in the future they will compensate a replica digital mind without a nervous system? Didn't the books say that each A.I created came out different? So again she might not be her if they clone halsey again.

So, you show me where she has been saved to or put herself without speculation, there are clues all through Thursday's War about A.I fragging and only visual possibilities of before the last event between her and MC but nothing after, This time there is no prologue with her in it.

Here's one scenario, There's a resonant imprint of her in "Forward Unto Dawn" or in "Infinities" systems but even then she will not be the same Cortana that has the same experience she had from the Didacts ship.

To steal from a sci-fi book written back in 1987 when i was a teenager by a guy called "Glen Cook" named "The Dragon never sleeps" Warships half the size of Requiem when faced with total destruction, the ships A.I transmitted a total drive clone of itself and all it's knowledge base and a updated file on each of it's crew members to the closest ship of it's kind for safe keeping until it could be brought back to the main base for sorting and eventual physical ship and crew recreation. A guardship called "Fulminata 12" was destroyed three times but was rebuilt exactly three times with the same crew as before.

I'm sure someone at 343 read "The Dragon never sleeps" Infinity carries Secondaries which are 8 destroyers and a crap load of Primaries which is the fighters and transport units except it doesn't have Hellspinners, ship based plasma point generators, just missiles. In design the "Infinity" is completely wrong, long and easily targeted, What's the best shape for a warship that dosen't need to plow through something?

She's gone bud.

You can have millions of copies of anything but that particular Cortana with her "KNOWLEDGE" and "EXPERIENCE" right up to when she said "Welcome home John" ceased to exist 5 seconds later, the key is in the capitalized words i used and what she said to MC during one of the cutscenes. "There will be another me but it won't be the me now" not the actual words but close. So, we have several scenario's we can imagine.

A human whom she is based off is only the accumulation of their knowledge and experience, you can't have knowledge without the other or vice a versa. We can download knowledge and expand it but we can't without an experience base to go off on know it without going through it, we are organic and operate 24 seconds ahead of thought generation or action potential constantly. I can't prove it but i bet we have a level of consciousness that runs to a faster clock than the rest of our consciousness hence the brain spikes before a action potential is acted upon. you can look up neuroscience and once you get a good understanding of how far they have come in that science, you will realize that there is a major fudge factor that's been put in to compensate for this mystery.

Remember she's a replica of Halsey's neural network, organic based, I wonder how in the future they will compensate a replica digital mind without a nervous system? Didn't the books say that each A.I created came out different? So again she might not be her if they clone halsey again.

So, you show me where she has been saved to or put herself without speculation, there are clues all through Thursday's War about A.I fragging and only visual possibilities of before the last event between her and MC but nothing after, This time there is no prologue with her in it.

Here's one scenario, There's a resonant imprint of her in "Forward Unto Dawn" or in "Infinities" systems but even then she will not be the same Cortana that has the same experience she had from the Didacts ship.

To steal from a sci-fi book written back in 1987 when i was a teenager by a guy called "Glen Cook" named "The Dragon never sleeps" Warships half the size of Requiem when faced with total destruction, the ships A.I transmitted a total drive clone of itself and all it's knowledge base and a updated file on each of it's crew members to the closest ship of it's kind for safe keeping until it could be brought back to the main base for sorting and eventual physical ship and crew recreation. A guardship called "Fulminata 12" was destroyed three times but was rebuilt exactly three times with the same crew as before.

I'm sure someone at 343 read "The Dragon never sleeps" Infinity carries Secondaries which are 8 destroyers and a crap load of Primaries which is the fighters and transport units except it doesn't have Hellspinners, ship based plasma point generators, just missiles. In design the "Infinity" is completely wrong, long and easily targeted, What's the best shape for a warship that dosen't need to plow through something?

Cortana is the only AI to have human DNA put into her, and if you know all the different phasis the AI's go through, the last one is turning into an actual human form. For as explain why her and John have children?

• Like 1

Ok so remember when you met the Didact in Cryptum and he was executed? Well that was the Ur-Didact, or Original Didact. Bornstellar was just carrying the Ur-Didacts Conscious. So it turns out the Ur-Didact wasn't executed, but instead was abandoned in a flood-infested system, and although we don't know how, it looks like he got back to the forerunner empire. And yes, you were right aout that a couple months ago(virtual high-five!). And that monitor wasn't Spark, but just Chakas. Spark is one of multiple fragments of the Chakas monitor because he tells the science team(remember this is in 2558) "I see one of me has already caused you trouble." All the Ur-Didact info is from Cryptum, Primordium, and the official description for Silentium.

Ah ha! Thanks for the recap on the Chakra persona. Have you any thoughts on why and how the Didact's plans were thwarted? There's a lot of clues in the ending sequence 343 have put in, The Didact's speech, it is reminiscent of a trial statement but it is wrong as he talks as if it is in the present time frame of the game, as if he was addressing a court of forerunners before he was sentenced to be entombed with future knowledge or he's still alive somewhere and addressing a group of saved memory casts like that of his children in Cryptum. Nice of 343 to replicate a voice over like Reach's ending. My bet is that Bornstellar and the librarian set up Requiem as a trap when he entered it's systems to retrieve his ship to go after the composer except there was another composer that Mendicant used, so, how many were created? Did Requiem have it's own but was taken or destroyed before the Didact could use it? or was it destroyed when he entered the cryptum to wait out the halo pulse wave? No. The action sequence denotes he was to use it before or after, either or.... it doesn't matter as he was trapped or entombed, his plans thwarted. Bornstellar flicked the switch and wiped the galaxy clean of life.

You know they could write it in that he transported out of that energy well he fell in to, to a ship, most probably a storm ship or a forerunner installation near by, his ship was powerful enough to power a transporter and Cortana didn't have full control of it, just an influence. He was severely wounded so the next game could have him in control of the storm but only as a directing intelligence as he recovers and tries to rebuild his power base, it could be a new game of chase and seek through new forerunner installations he's gone to?

The writers did a good job of the Didacts reasons for composing humanity to be used as knight intelligences, he said it was inprisonment but it looks like it is complete hell as they were digitized, no way back to recovering their organic selves and higher thought processes look to be completely gone, reminiscent of the flood.

Cortana is the only AI to have human DNA put into her, and if you know all the different phasis the AI's go through, the last one is turning into an actual human form. For as explain why her and John have children?

In which book or lore is that statement? I don't mind being updated to something i don't know about but i've read the novels just not all the rest of the lore or comic books or whatever that is out there.

DNA? actual DNA in a electrical field system without any organic support system? The game devs are pretty good at keeping it close to this day and ages science level while taking liberties but that doesn't fly unless it was modelled digitally and sarcastically speaking, come on son! children! that was funny when i read it hence the tick.

Well i just watched the terminals and that answers a lot about the Ur-Didact, so what happened to Bornstellar? He activated the halo's from the Ark which was safely outside the pulse range, where did he go? He can't be the Didact from the game and be imprisoned and activate the Halo's while the librarian was on earth? It doesn't pan out.

Well i just watched the terminals and that answers a lot about the Ur-Didact, so what happened to Bornstellar? He activated the halo's from the Ark which was safely outside the pulse range, where did he go? He can't be the Didact from the game and be imprisoned and activate the Halo's while the librarian was on earth? It doesn't pan out.

I don't think they told us about what happened to him, but I'm sure that'll be answered in Silentium

Cortana's not dead. There are so many different ways that she can come back. They could retreive her data from the Didact's ship (police and other agencies can retrieve data from almost fully destroyed computers). The Librarian possibly could have her data from when she took her and the Librarian was talking about turning flesh into data, so if they still have Cortana's data they could turn her human (I'm iffy on wether or not I would like this b/c I'd rather have Cortana back and talking to you in your helmet but it's still away for her return.) Those are the ways I think she could be returned to our beloved Spartan-117. But I don't believe she's dead.

Actually I just finished Thursdays war, nice book, certainly an upgrade from the first one but good for delving into A.I's.

I read the Halo nation wiki on the Didact, completely out of Whak with events of the two Didacts unless someone can supply Dates, that would fill in the blanks.

I got use to BB and female A.I's, so how does everyone feel about the Infinities A.I? A WW2 pilot? most probably a P51 pilot by his dress but it looks way too out of whak with the pride of the fleets flagship. The female appeals to me more but that's personal choice and probably just being a male.

The only thing about Corty in this installment that i found to be sad was that they took out the fun quips Jen would have made from the previous games, i.e "So you missed me huh?" The only light hearted voice over was at the start. "I thought you would never ask"