Why is the dmr 10 times better than the Br at everything?

RazersGhost

My problem is why does the dmr kill faster than the br at close mid and long range ? Shouldn't the br win at close range at least? IF you can aim the dmr is better in all situations.

Why am i forced to use a dmr if i want to play competitive ? You can't CAN'T lose to someone with a br when you have a dmr and are on full hp in a gun fight. And it works at longer range.

Fair enough this is your first game but take a look at halo 2 and 3 and then take a look at the drop in players when reach came out.

Please either balance the guns or just remove the DMR all together nobody who has actually played this game from the start wants the dmr.. especially not as the main rifle.

Long range, the DMR is definitely better, but that's a given.

Short to mid range, though? You think the DMR is better than the BR still yet? I don't know. I started off with the DMR, but when I got to the battle rifle I incurred a lot more positive results using it when it came to the short and mid range.

My biggest problem is accidentally clicking the left thumbstick when moving around while shooting. Causes running. Might have to change the button layout to the one where run is B and the left stick is the [traditional] crouch.

I agree with the OP, but I don't want to see the DMR removed, just want to see the BR getting better. I have tested a lot and the BR is obscenely underpowered at every range compared to the DMR. I hit all 5 of my shots every time so the BR is just weak for me. It always feels like on one of the 3 bullets hits when I use it. The DMR to me is like the Halo 1 pistol, which I love, but the BR should be more deadly up close. I just can't ever fathom myself using the BR in this game. I have never seen a kill cam with a BR in it when I got into an even fight. I have been in several 1v1 fights where I had half shields or less and ended up turning on the guy and beating him in 10 meter range, only to walk over to him and see "hold __ to pick up BR," Lol.

nobody who has actually played this game from the start wants the dmr

It's only been out one day - it's a little early to start trying to claim to be a veteran, isn't it?

Anyway. I happen to agree that the DMR is overpowered, as I'm already regularly beating players with Battle Rifles and Assault Rifles at medium-close ranges. That said, the DMR definitely seems to have a little less in the way of aim assist than the Battle Rifle, plus if you take a hit while scoped in with the DMR, your aim rises a little, making it harder to keep on target: plus, you either hit or miss outright, while with the Battle Rifle you're much more likely to hit with at least part of a burst. So overall, the DMR is like a 'pro' version of the Battle Rifle: if you're good it's much better, but if you're not so good, it's worse.

Personally I use the DMR but that is only because I am used to it from playing a lot of reach so I'm more comfortable with it.

I am winning allot of close range fights agains a BR but some times I get absolutely shredded by it at close and I did expect that.

I think what you are experiencing is people are better with a DMR because they have been using it for 2 years and it is basically unchanged and the BR hasn't been used since halo 3 and it has been changed a little to compensate for the times.

On a side note is anyone else finding that it is hard to miss a shot with either gun?

It seems strafing and ducking in a firefight are ineffective.

It's only been out one day - it's a little early to start trying to claim to be a veteran, isn't it?

I meant halo the series

They're both about equal to me. I started using the Arctic Skin BR and have defeated people using the DMR easily. They've also defeated me with the DMR easily. It's about player skill, not the gun you choose.

They're both about equal to me. I started using the Arctic Skin BR and have defeated people using the DMR easily. They've also defeated me with the DMR easily. It's about player skill, not the gun you choose.

Well it's about player skill in the lower end yeah. But when it comes to the point where people aren't missing shots it's dmr all the way. It kills faster works better at all ranges.