How to Make Halo 4 Successful

conmaaan

the reach engine is bad. never liked it

actually the reach engine is very highly sophisticated. the only bad thing about the game is how they used the engine

It lacks simplicity. There is so much work put into it that problems appeared, it turns out that they got great solutions to problems that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Look at Halo 1 and 2, both games are extremely simple when it comes to shooting, there is no systematic bloom or anything. In H1 would the first shot hit in the perfect center, while the rest would go anywhere in the crosshair, 1 setting for bloom.

Look at reach then, the crosshair changes radius depending on how frequently you shoot, even the radius of your aim magnetism gets larger making it harder to center your aim at someone's head because you get slowed down much earlier.

H3 had its flaws too, there was aim acceleration and leading your shots. Shooting was a ***** compared the previous game title, Halo 2.

I really hope they go back to the pure shooting games, your shot goes exactly where you look, and it does not depend on how frequently or far away you are.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weapons: i think they should keep the old weapons and ADD more. How come that, from Halo CE, there is only one AR, one sniper, one pistols, etc? I would prefer more variety.

Well they do have different variants of almost every gun in halo, so if 343i added all the variants there would be more creative ways to enter combat. There are a dozen variants of the magnum alone. <( We have only seen 3 of these) There are 4 variants of the AR including the 60 round clip from halo CE. There is even 3 variants of the BR (the M.L.G. gun of choice), one in which also has a 60 round clip. So if they added all of these variants and kept the old one too, halo 4 would be a game to play for sure. Some people liked the D.M.R, some people preferred the BR, but i liked them both and would personally like the chance to have them both at the same time.

I am not a big duel S.M.G user(actually i'd rather have an single S.M.G for accuracy), but if you want to please everyone it might be the way to go. We should probably come up with a new forum for weapons in halo 4.

the reach engine is bad. never liked it

actually the reach engine is very highly sophisticated. the only bad thing about the game is how they used the engine

It lacks simplicity. There is so much work put into it that problems appeared, it turns out that they got great solutions to problems that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

Look at Halo 1 and 2, both games are extremely simple when it comes to shooting, there is no systematic bloom or anything. In H1 would the first shot hit in the perfect center, while the rest would go anywhere in the crosshair, 1 setting for bloom.

Look at reach then, the crosshair changes radius depending on how frequently you shoot, even the radius of your aim magnetism gets larger making it harder to center your aim at someone's head because you get slowed down much earlier.

H3 had its flaws too, there was aim acceleration and leading your shots. Shooting was a ***** compared the previous game title, Halo 2.

I really hope they go back to the pure shooting games, your shot goes exactly where you look, and it does not depend on how frequently or far away you are.

No, that's so terrible, do you think that a person who holds the trigger and fires the full magazine should have the same accuracy as the others who fire in short-controlled-bursts?

Sorry to say this, but everyone can aim wherever they want even when the crosshair gets a little bigger (even I can, and I am not a big player)

Weapons: i think they should keep the old weapons and ADD more. How come that, from Halo CE, there is only one AR, one sniper, one pistols, etc? I would prefer more variety.

Well they do have different variants of almost every gun in halo, so if 343i added all the variants there would be more creative ways to enter combat. There are a dozen variants of the magnum alone. <( We have only seen 3 of these) There are 4 variants of the AR including the 60 round clip from halo CE. There is even 3 variants of the BR (the M.L.G. gun of choice), one in which also has a 60 round clip. So if they added all of these variants and kept the old one too, halo 4 would be a game to play for sure. Some people liked the D.M.R, some people preferred the BR, but i liked them both and would personally like the chance to have them both at the same time.

I am not a big duel S.M.G user(actually i'd rather have an single S.M.G for accuracy), but if you want to please everyone it might be the way to go. We should probably come up with a new forum for weapons in halo 4.

Yes, I know they changed the weapons and that there is a great variety of AR and magnuns, etc; I meant a variety in game,

Agree with you about adding them all;

Fire "controllingly",

Rafter

I believe in all of that too. But also they should take out armor abilities and classes. That completely changed the game around, in a bad way. They should bring back equipment instead. Also, I wouldn't mind weapon attachments but only if it was used like equipments were and if they didn't have scopes, they just have like silencers and grenade launchers for pistols or smaller weopons only but the ammo or silencer would run out eventually

Hi everyone,

The way I see it, Halo games have this different gameplay that distinguishes it from the other games (such as COD and Battlefield) and, as conmaaan said, we should try to stick to same of the main (old and new) Halo features, for example:

-Forge, Firefight, co-op campaign,

-Assassinations,

-Weapons without ADS (aim down sights) [Not sure about this one, and would like to hear some ideas]

-Scarab fights (How could Reach not have a scarab fight?)

-armor abilities should be revised (some more comments on this one as well please)

-No dust (not sure if this isn't bad; comments please)

-etc, you now it,

Question: Should sprint be included as a major ability, like an ability that everybody has? (like in so many other FPS games)

Answer: Not sure, in small maps, sprint could create an illusion of playing COD, everybody is running around and shoot when they see smth, altough, if Batllefield and Crysis, for example, didn't include sprint, the game would be much boring, as you take a lot of time to travel on the maps (specially in battlefield)

Anyway, as the Halo games focuses on the future and the whole Halo franchise focuses on travelling between space and a planet, I don't think it would be a bad idea to, instead of dropping the player in the middle of the battle, leave him in the ship, let him pick up his team mates (more or less as in Reach) [for example, pick marines or ODSTs, or othes spartans, etc; if the story allows the chief to meet with the humans again] and choose wich way to approach the battle (Drop-pods, Falcon, Pelican, Bring a vehicle in a pelican, etc) [by the way, if Halo focuses so much more on vehicles then ohter games, how come that the player can?t drive a pelican or a phantom? (the glitch on reach doesn't count)]

Moreover, somebody said in another post that we should play a foreruner; couldn't disagree more. The games are about the spartans and, as the story tells, the foreruners were overpowerfull, and creating one game about them would be creating a childish game, with a character with a super weapon killing everybody.

Furthermore, I agree with babysas007 when he says that we should be able to create our own firefight game and map, and with all the others in creating our own map, from the mountains and trees, to the direction of the sunlight, to the objects (shape, color) etc, don't know where and who mentioned it for the first time.

Since we're talking about Forge, we should enumerate some mistakes:

-Bungie acknowledged that a way of making an object disappear after a certain period of time or phase was a good idea, but did not included it in the game.

-Bungie said that they never had wanted to create an undo and redo option in the game. For the obvious reasons, this is wrong.

-As sme said earlier, a forge option for pc would be nice, this program could be free, as only halo-4-buyers will want to download it.

-When on forge, when you pick your screenshot and/or lights and etc, an object stays in the place in which you took your screenshot/ placed the light, (such objects are cameras and light orbs), these objects are "hard"; meaning, you can't pass through them or shoot trough them while on forge (they disappear in the game), and might create some difficulties when building around on Forge. This matter doesn't seem to me to be any difficult to solve.

Regarding multiplayer, I would like to hear some comments on weather 343 Industries should incorporate a system of servers as in Conter-Strike, making it easier for players to show their creations, and find players who want to play on the same maps but don't have friends who want to.

Furthermore, when playing reach in maps built in Forge World, The image that shows up on the left top corner, is always the same for any map, making it hard, for people like me, who don't know the names of all the maps, to choose which we prefer to play.

As we're talking about maps; any-Halo-game-pvp-map, has this classic weapon spawn, in which, players who know the maps always have the vantage as they can grab better weapons at the beginning of the game. I know I said earlier that Halo-4 should maintain some of the common Halo features, but adding some maps in which you pick your weapons at the beginning (either in the load-out or in your base) (rocket launcher would have to be weaker or have less rounds), grab vehicle or site on the passenger seat in a warthoug, falcon or pelican and go to battle (much like in battlefield or warrock); or spawn in the sleeping rooms of a spaceship, either grab a sabre, a pelican, or drop to earth (going to earth requires a gigantic map, not sure if the game/console/internet speed could hold on to that) and go to battle to other ship or play an invasion game, would give the game an other taste; allowing for more classic players to stick to the classics, and other kinds of players to try something new.

I would also like to hear some feedback on this and can give ideas for these kind of maps and subsequent gametypes if 343 asks.

(yes, this would probably mean giving a greater importance to vehicles)

All in all, please comment, especially on what I asked, which was:

-ADS for weapons

-Dust in the air when a grenade explodes or you shoot the ground

-"Permanent" Sprint

(bare in mind that if ADS, dust and permanent sprint are added, (just like in so many other games) the game will probably look more violent)

-Servers system (this system is usually on visible in PC, so it would be quite a breakthrough to be the first to have it in a console)

-New type of maps (Halo has a great variety of maps, but would expanding it to other types of game be good?)

To finish, I think that, if my ideas are included in the game, Halo 4 would be a great game, even able to conquer the European market. I know Xbox and Halo are never advertised in Europe, (at least, not in my country nor neighbor countries), but I think that Microsoft and 343 Industries should consider it. PlayStation owns in europe.

See you around and hope to hear form you, fans with comments and 343 staff with comments and news,

Rafter

Rafter, I couldn't agree more. Lets not forget space battles! (How could Bungie put it in campain and not online!?) See if you can get people to forward these ideas to 343 menbers. Then, hopefully, we can see these take effect.

Rafter,

(to the other people reading this, check out Rafter's posts and mine, then, if you like it see if you can forward the ideas to 343 or a 343 member.)

sorry if my other post went through, but I best be safe than sorry. As I said I completly argee with everything. Halo needs a new engine, but somthing that still has the ridculous Halo 1 warthog jumps and other sandbox physics effects. See if you can get people to forward these ideas.)

BraverKING514,

been waiting to hear form you since I wrote a comment on your post the other day,

No problem if your post are quite large, most of mine are as well, as we are quite organised and tru to get thigs straight, there is no proble with that.

Agree with mainting somethings from past Halo games,

As i told sme else, I doubt anyone knows how to talk to 343i, it looks like people only have hope that they read this and comment someday (although it would be good to comment, don't want to be writing this all if it is totally useless)

Some people think 343i will say something more in the Halo fest, lets wait and see,

See you around,

Rafter

i wish you guys will remember, reach wasnt supposed to be true to previous halo games, it came before, and on a different planet, set, and by different spartans sooo it had every right to be different and new (old technically)

Okay, if you would read the subject tittle it says "How to Make HALO 4 Successful" So not to be rude or anything but your in the wrong forum/topic...

Keeping it clean

Im referring to everyone whos posting useless comments of how reach is horrible, not contributing to the topic, as in the OPs post --

So your referring to yourself...your contributing to the uselessness just like the people you example.

... and obviously my comment makes sense know that you've read this correct?

No actually it just sounds like you just opened your opinion on a topic that has no reference to anything in this forum.

I directed you to a different forum/topic and you decided to post a long text of how you're a fanboi for halo reach

(not saying it is a bad game)

Your like the "Leave Britney Alone" kid for halo reach...

To be honest here guys. Halo 3's rank system Is the overall ranked system people liked. It made the game more fun because the aim of the game was to get a 50 where as in halo reach its who can get the most nerd hours in. Rank on reach means nothing microsoft ended up making heaps of money from kids making new accounts all the time to get 50's on them... You cant do that on reach because you need to be a no life to get to the highest rank put a battle rifle in the game and keep reach's connection then add the halo 3 ranked system then your game wont die for atleast 4 years.

To be honest here guys. Halo 3's rank system Is the overall ranked system people liked. It made the game more fun because the aim of the game was to get a 50 where as in halo reach its who can get the most nerd hours in. Rank on reach means nothing microsoft ended up making heaps of money from kids making new accounts all the time to get 50's on them... You cant do that on reach because you need to be a no life to get to the highest rank put a battle rifle in the game and keep reach's connection then add the halo 3 ranked system then your game wont die for atleast 4 years.

part of me wants the halo 3 ranking back, but honestly way too many times i play with horrible people (i always play SWAT, and my team dies a lot, although i get a good K/D) and i didnt want to join a clan, or always play with the same people, so it makes me like reach's ranking more, but the problem with it is that yes many high ranks just play a lot and so its time wise raking really, and you think that the "k/d" would show their skill? no...many times the people either boost and/or play a buttload of infection, not to mention credits and challenges for campaign and firefight boosting :P

thanks for your insightful opinion!

@babysas007

okay first there is no @ in my gamer tag...

This topic IS NOT about "making halo 4 successful"

Ugh yeah it is...that is what this entire argument is about

so far a large majority are taking about about bad reach was

do you know English?

because remember i didnt say anything about how reach was "my fav game ofz all timez"

Well i did.

i said nicely as **** to remember to contribute to the original topic theme

When? all i read was a chick complaining because someone gave her advice to stay on topic.

soo YES what i originally posted about how reach was supposed to be different because the Spartans were different, the guns were different, the health, the AA, the bloom, everything was there because it could, it wasnt a "fail" its a great game just not like the original halo and i was fiiine with that because i thought they pretty much were done with that, at least with bungie,

We don't need to know why you liked reach, or how it was different...

dont sit there and judge

Too late

because i like reach i love reach and the fact you pathetic ass is trying to make "fanboi" a ******* insult is hilarious

hahahahaha...i know right

, stop being a sourpussy, because guess what idiot...

Wait i am guessing that it is about how you like halo reach...

i like reach

NAILED IT!!!

How the hell did i contribute to "the uselessness" if youd get your head out of your ass aand ******* read, im saying reach was a completely different game, not supposed to be on the level of the original halos, so it had a right to be different,

If you would read the tittle of the topic before you posted your first post this argument wouldn't exist.

because either way people need to stop making pointless topics of the same origin of "Halo 4 ideas"

If you don't like this topic then why did you even read/post on it...people are just trying to get there ideas out to 343i's so that halo 4 can be as awesome as it can possibly be. (with the amount memory available) If you have a problem...well just sit there and pout.

oooh last but not least, you really are not smart, my post was short as hell, stop insulting me like a pathetic little kid "oh your like "leave britney alone" guy," "oh your a fanboi" how ******* pathetic are you?? seriously how old are you baby???!this isnt the ******* bungie forums

You're calling me a baby!? your whining over the fact that some people don't like reach...boohoo it's so sad :(

You know i think there is a separate forum for this so why don't you go to that one like you should have in the first place. hmmmmmm?

(What does mr baby not like it when i post back defending myself on why my post is right and why it sure as hell is staying, there??)

unless i report it for being off topic like i did this one

get the hell out of here troll.

no

my first post was nice, then when i politely say no, my argument was fine, and i give you my reason, you go and insult me in the most pathetic ways, and apparently you just cant handle me telling you off, you have to dissect every little thing to insult me farther, how cool are you ?

far beyond caring about your pathetic insults

(oh i guess you will dissect every little thing about this post too hmm? too bad i dont have a care in the world of a word you breathe , and ill never see it, so feel cool and superior to all your virtual friends

my first post was nice, then when i politely say no, my argument was fine, and i give you my reason, you go and insult me in the most pathetic ways, and apparently you just cant handle me telling you off, you have to dissect every little thing to insult me farther, how cool are you ?

far beyond caring about your pathetic insults

(oh i guess you will dissect every little thing about this post too hmm? too bad i dont have a care in the world of a word you breathe , and ill never see it, so feel cool and superior to all your virtual friends

...Very

How to make Halo 4 successful?

That is easy....

If its different to Halo 3 PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE, dont shoot it down as loads of people did with Reach. Reach as a stand alone product is brilliant and easily my game of 2010. Its better than a lot of people gave it credit. different is not always bad

Wow, What a fight! fortunately I was in the first row wathcing it!

Just kiding, hope neither of you will take the sentece above seriously (I dind't even understand what the fight was about and DON'T want to understand)

Anyway, ViolentDelights, can you just explain what you meant with the sentence below?

Again, I DON'T want to create another fight, just 'd like you to explain the sentence, please

(mean: If you are angry, don't use it on me)

i guess we all know whos mature

(You posted this 2 times)

Thanks in advance,