Lack of Vehicles In Slayer

RuggedCrunkster

Not sure If I was the only one to notice or really care about this but, it seemed like Bungie almost completely removed vehicles from slayer type matches in Reach.

I only really see them in BTB or objective playlists and i guess it could be that most of the maps were either indoors or did not have driving room, but i really hope that they have at least a few slayer maps in Halo 4 that will include vehicles. I think that it really added to the fun in those previous maps (Highground, Standoff, Rats nest, Valhalla, heck even Boundless had a mongoose). I know everyone has thier own preference but i thought I'd bring it up since its always irked me about Reach. What do you guys think?

Well, lets see. Halo 4 will have 10 maps at launch.

We already know 4 of them.

Adrift and Haven are Team Slayer maps and there are no vehicles on those 2 maps.

Longbow and Exile have vehicles, but obviously they're BTB maps.

Then there's a map called Ravine that we don't know much about yet.

And then there are 5 maps that we know nothing about at all. Maybe amongst those 5 maps, there is a Team Slayer map with vehicles.

Or maybe it's already on Ravine.

Time will tell :)

• Like 1

I'm sure with these Specializations we're getting involving perks for driving and using turrets, vehicles will be more frequently available on these unknown maps.

That's actually a convincing arguement. Maybe 343i know that not everyone who likes vehicles wants to play BTB all the time.

I dont think it would be good if they started making all these custom loadouts dinodares. we start making our own custom classes and we've got Sparrtan Ops and we got team names now and guns seem more realistic. It seems like halo is taking ideas from COD! Spartan Ops in MW3 team names (Demon, Fury) and custom loadouts based on your level would is like copying COD completely.

I dont think it would be good if they started making all these custom loadouts dinodares. we start making our own custom classes and we've got Sparrtan Ops and we got team names now and guns seem more realistic. It seems like halo is taking ideas from COD! Spartan Ops in MW3 team names (Demon, Fury) and custom loadouts based on your level would is like copying COD completely.

Spartan Ops will be its own short story with connected missions

Spec Ops in MW3 is a collection of missions with the missions having nothing to do with each other

Just because it has a similiar name doesn't mean it's the same thing.

There are no teams in MW3 that are called Demon and Fury. I don't know where you got that one, but that simply isn't true.

And the loadouts will be different from the CoD type loadouts aswell.

If you came here to troll or be a CoD fanboy, keep walking and don't come back, buddy.

• Like 6

That's actually a convincing arguement. Maybe 343i know that not everyone who likes vehicles wants to play BTB all the time.

I hope so. I remember It was about a week after Reach came out and all my friends and i had been playing was slayer and I suddenly realized that i hadn't seen a single vehicle. I think thats one of the reasons (for me that is) that Reach got old quick. Being that Halo 3 is the game that got me started playing online FPS games, my expectations were a little too high. I know you can't give everyone exactly what they want in a game, but i think 343 has done a good job so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure with these Specializations we're getting involving perks for driving and using turrets, vehicles will be more frequently available on these unknown maps.

I agree. We'll have to wait to see if you're right, but it would seem that this is a valid argument for bringing vehicles back in slayer.