2 Tips for all you bloom haters

Destyran

@ Frosty

1) ive never lost to a dmr spammer if i do its because they got the first two shots but even then i still have a chance of being the victor.

2) petty much every thing in your post has been covered exept for the mlg thing.

3)im sick of arguing with people

4) every one continues to over look the fact that the true skill ranking system is flawed so they wont re-use the H3 trueskill formula.

5) when i get my comp fixed and this hospital **** fixed i will make a detailed thread on how true skill is flawed

6) i will not be posting any replies to any posts directed at me on this thread

Bloom is a variable, not much different from the one stray bullet every 15 or so bullets out of the BR in H3. 4 shoting in non MLG gametypes wasn't a garuntee even if all shots were perfect. It encourages people to be creative to set up situations that do produce a more consistent kill to really beat people well, more consistently. However, if they do take out bloom I hope they decrease the rate of fire or it will imbalance the other weapons. The magnum would also need a significant change to it's ROF with no bloom or it will become godly.

@ Drunk Norris

You're absolutely correct. If Bloom is to be removed, alot of weapons would need to be nerfed, especially the pistol.

@ Destyran

You shouldn't get mad at people for expressing their opinion, they have every right to do so. Also I know TrueSkill was flawed, but it was flawed to such a small extent, that it really doesn't matter. I know afew things they could fix in the formula in all honesty, but those things probably will be fixed in th new one, and therefore it's useless to argue against; it will be fixed if it is to be implemented..

I think bloom should stay, it actually gives players a chance to fight back at a distance against spammers.

In H3 I could get hit by a guy with the Br at any distance and all shots would usually hit me, giving me no chance to heal. Bloom in Reach allows you to have a chance to recover and kill the guy shooting at you [if not a H3 spammer].

So that is my reason why bloom should stay.

Btw pace your shots in Reach.

I think bloom should stay, it actually gives players a chance to fight back at a distance against spammers.

In H3 I could get hit by a guy with the Br at any distance and all shots would usually hit me, giving me no chance to heal. Bloom in Reach allows you to have a chance to recover and kill the guy shooting at you [if not a H3 spammer].

So that is my reason why bloom should stay.

Btw pace your shots in Reach.

What I got from that is that you like bloom because it gives you a chance to kill a person who is more accurate than you.

• 1 month later...

What I got from that is that you like bloom because it gives you a chance to kill a person who is more accurate than you.

So I have someone hating me, its the fact in H3 you could just spam the living out the gun you have and always hit. He's more accurate due to no bloom, Reach he has to pace the shots in order to kill you from a distance. Have you seen anyone spam the DMR long-Range and win the duel? He's going to lose with all the shots missing, you walking off. You wasted five bullets, he wasted eight bullets.

They DO still use trueskill in the game, you just aren't ranked on it anymore. As far as bloom goes, it's just eh. If you spam like crazy, you are still able to get a kill about 50% of the time (trust me, I do it from time to time) and pacing your shots is cool and all but it slows down the gameplay a bit, imo.

• 2 weeks later...