The BEAT rank system...

Amik28

I cant believe from what i hear the halo reach rank system is coming back. The reason i stopped playin that game was because kids that would get 5 kills a game would still be a higher rank than me just because they play 8 hours a day. The 1-50 rank system made the games much more intense because something was actually on the line, my rank. Im just disapointed and debating buying the game. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

• Like 1

If you want to see our opinions, search for the other 20 threads about this.

That really does sum things up perfectly.

Sorry dont have the time

You have the time to write a paragraph, but not to type a few words into the search bar?

I'll summarise for you. Some people like it, some people don't, and in the end provided the TrueSkill ranking system is doing its job it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. If the TrueSkill system isn't working, then it still makes no difference as that's what searches for players are based on. The 1-50 system is a representation of where you fit in the TrueSkill rankings. The cR system in Reach shows how long you've played.

The system for finding other players has been the same since Halo 2, which was the first game to use it. So just because it was represented in a different way in Reach, doesn't actually mean it was a different system.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with making a new topic, but this really HAS been discussed to death, and beyond - and then some - and then some more.

• Like 2

I cant believe from what i hear the halo reach rank system is coming back. The reason i stopped playin that game was because kids that would get 5 kills a game would still be a higher rank than me just because they play 8 hours a day. The 1-50 rank system made the games much more intense because something was actually on the line, my rank. Im just disapointed and debating buying the game. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

I agree with you. The 1-50 ranks were way better. I am still getting Halo 4 though.

That really does sum things up perfectly.

You have the time to write a paragraph, but not to type a few words into the search bar?

I'll summarise for you. Some people like it, some people don't, and in the end provided the TrueSkill ranking system is doing its job it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. If the TrueSkill system isn't working, then it still makes no difference as that's what searches for players are based on. The 1-50 system is a representation of where you fit in the TrueSkill rankings. The cR system in Reach shows how long you've played.

The system for finding other players has been the same since Halo 2, which was the first game to use it. So just because it was represented in a different way in Reach, doesn't actually mean it was a different system.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with making a new topic, but this really HAS been discussed to death, and beyond - and then some - and then some more.

Love those links Rocket XD

You found the time I assume ;D

• Like 1