thinking about doing P90X

IcyMeteor

Hello there I am new here and hope to be for a very long time (this forum looks to be promising) and I would like to get some views on how well P90X works. I am 18 years old, 19 in about two weeks, about 170 pounds and around 5'10 - 5'11. Now the reason I am doing this is because I am going into my senior year of highschool and I am trying to make it my best. What I want to know is well if it works, what all I need, and how hard is the diet. (I have never done a diet before) any and all information will be helpful.

The P90X will only work with a good diet. You don't have to follow their specific diet. Just don't eat crap like chips or pastries. Consume a lot of protein. Replace soda with a lot of water. Eat in small portions throughout the day to keep your metabolism running, but obviously healthy foods.

Also, cardio is key. Lots and lots of cardio.

I did P90x and went from 228lbs to 200lbs. Currently at 194lbs.

Diet

Meal 1: 4 egg whites

Meal 2: Whey Protein Shake, banana

Meal 3: Lean Protein (chicken, tuna, fish) on bed of lettuce and spinach with low cal. dressing

Meal 4: Whey Protein Shake (Post workout, YOU NEED WHEY PROTEIN AFTER YOUR WORKOUT, it helps with recovery)

Meal 5: Steak, Chicken, Fish, 2 servings of a green vegetable, 1 starch (corn, 1 piece of garlic bread, potato, etc)

Meal 6: Casein

These are the supplements I used:

http://www.vitaminsh...1213&id=OP-1011

http://www.vitaminsh....jsp?id=OP-2036

The Casein is a slow reacting protein known as "Bedtime Shakes" because it takes 7.5-10hours to fully digest in your body so take it about 30 minutes before bed and your metabolism will keep going, plus it helps you gain more muscle.

I used P90x to jump start and it has definitely helped, I have another 14lbs to lose and I will be a ripped up 16 year old. Will be 17 in 3 months.

My Further Opinions:

Cellucor C4-Cellulor is probably one of the most well known company out there for their great fat burners and the highest quality Pre-Workout Supplements. I would not use them until you are like 25 though because you have so much testosterone in your body as it is that you really do not need and fat burner or Pre-Workout Supplement other than a cup of coffee. Again, great product but you will probably just waist your money on it if you honestly use it.

ON Whey Protein-ON (Optimum Nutrition) is THE MOST well known supplement company in the world, I would put money on it. Their are people who have been going to the gym I do for 10 years and they have used ON Whey and Casein for the entire time. They have a cult like following in the muscle industry for a reason, great company with amazing products. And it is $85 a month for their Whey and Casein so I definitely recommend them.

Website you should know:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/

You have question and they have all the answers.

TL;DR: READ MY ENTIRE POST OR ELSE YOU WILL FAIL!

Oh and if you ever decide to move on after P90x (which you really could just keep doing P90x for the rest of your life and be fine) then I will give you the workout I currently do, it was trainer made so it is a legit workout. I highly doubt he would ever find out I gave it to you, nor would he care since he is a great friend of mine. Anyway, if you move on after P90x then keep doing what P90x teaches you, eat right and do the same workout routine for 4-6 weeks then do another one from 4-6 weeks. This is where bodybuilding.com will come into play.

Edit #2 I forgot to mention SUPPLEMENTS ARE JUST THAT! SUPPLEMENTS, if you can get spot on nutrition with just eating right (meaning 6 well balanced meals and hitting all nutrient goals) then by all means just eat up man and forget about supplements. They are supplements for a reason, now when you decide to really get into doing some mass gaining (which I will start my first ever cycle of mass gain in September) then come talk to me and I can tell you how it works out for me.

I did P90x and went from 228lbs to 200lbs. Currently at 194lbs.

Diet

Meal 1: 4 egg whites

Meal 2: Whey Protein Shake, banana

Meal 3: Lean Protein (chicken, tuna, fish) on bed of lettuce and spinach with low cal. dressing

Meal 4: Whey Protein Shake (Post workout, YOU NEED WHEY PROTEIN AFTER YOUR WORKOUT, it helps with recovery)

Meal 5: Steak, Chicken, Fish, 2 servings of a green vegetable, 1 starch (corn, 1 piece of garlic bread, potato, etc)

Meal 6: Casein

These are the supplements I used:

http://www.vitaminsh...1213&id=OP-1011

http://www.vitaminsh....jsp?id=OP-2036

The Casein is a slow reacting protein known as "Bedtime Shakes" because it takes 7.5-10hours to fully digest in your body so take it about 30 minutes before bed and your metabolism will keep going, plus it helps you gain more muscle.

I used P90x to jump start and it has definitely helped, I have another 14lbs to lose and I will be a ripped up 16 year old. Will be 17 in 3 months.

My Further Opinions:

Cellucor C4-Cellulor is probably one of the most well known company out there for their great fat burners and the highest quality Pre-Workout Supplements. I would not use them until you are like 25 though because you have so much testosterone in your body as it is that you really do not need and fat burner or Pre-Workout Supplement other than a cup of coffee. Again, great product but you will probably just waist your money on it if you honestly use it.

ON Whey Protein-ON (Optimum Nutrition) is THE MOST well known supplement company in the world, I would put money on it. Their are people who have been going to the gym I do for 10 years and they have used ON Whey and Casein for the entire time. They have a cult like following in the muscle industry for a reason, great company with amazing products. And it is $85 a month for their Whey and Casein so I definitely recommend them.

Website you should know:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/

You have question and they have all the answers.

TL;DR: READ MY ENTIRE POST OR ELSE YOU WILL FAIL!

Oh and if you ever decide to move on after P90x (which you really could just keep doing P90x for the rest of your life and be fine) then I will give you the workout I currently do, it was trainer made so it is a legit workout. I highly doubt he would ever find out I gave it to you, nor would he care since he is a great friend of mine. Anyway, if you move on after P90x then keep doing what P90x teaches you, eat right and do the same workout routine for 4-6 weeks then do another one from 4-6 weeks. This is where bodybuilding.com will come into play.

Edit #2 I forgot to mention SUPPLEMENTS ARE JUST THAT! SUPPLEMENTS, if you can get spot on nutrition with just eating right (meaning 6 well balanced meals and hitting all nutrient goals) then by all means just eat up man and forget about supplements. They are supplements for a reason, now when you decide to really get into doing some mass gaining (which I will start my first ever cycle of mass gain in September) then come talk to me and I can tell you how it works out for me.

yea I dont plan on doing supplements to much money.