Discussing Grenades

Metallibrah

So, I was watching some Halo 4 gameplay on Youtube. And I've noticed that there are now "Hitmarkers" for grenade hits.

Now, I don't know about you guys, but that is very crucial to my style of playing Halo. For example, If i'm being rushed and decide to hide behind a wall (setting up for a ninja), and they decide to throw a grenade (IT HITS ME AND I LIVE), It'll make them aware that I'm around the corner or wall, therefore creating a large chance of me being killed by that person.

This is just how I see it. I want to ask 343i to change this so there will be no "Grenade Hitmarkers". Please.

With support from the Halo community, we can change this.

• Like 1

I agree...Halo has always been a mix of camping and rushing. It these grenade hitmarkers are too accurate, then the enemy will know where you are coming from or sitting. A general hitmarker would not be bad, for example sitting around a corner, enemy throws genade, hitmarker indicates they are there but no direct pin point of location. Who knows, I am sure 343i will change some things, they still have 3 months until release

I agree...Halo has always been a mix of camping and rushing. It these grenade hitmarkers are too accurate, then the enemy will know where you are coming from or sitting. A general hitmarker would not be bad, for example sitting around a corner, enemy throws genade, hitmarker indicates they are there but no direct pin point of location. Who knows, I am sure 343i will change some things, they still have 3 months until release

Also it's too far into development to change major thing's(dunno if this is major or not)

@Mr. Gabe: yes promethean vision will show your location but that is luck of the draw if the enemy is using it. Whereas hitmarkers are a constant. Also if you know the enemy is in a room you often crouch to avoid detection. And I am pretty sure the radar has always been in the bottom left...

• Like 1

@ halo4dude: We can not say they are doing better than Bungie just yet. The game has not been officially released yet. I am sure 343i will make an awesome game. But it can not be compared to Bungie, Bungie created Halo, as well as Halo 2 (considered the best MP to date)

Well you would've been noticed by the motion tracker on the bottom right(or left if they changed it) or by the Promeathean(dunno how to pronounce) so there's no point in removing grenade hit marker's

Motion tracker has always been bottom left, bottom right is score, clock, and weapon.

As for Promethean Vision, Frankie has said he expects most players to stop using it once they learn to use the motion tracker, and even if you don't use it, if someone is crouching or whatever you're still going to know they're there, even though you have no vision, sound, or motion tracker dots to alert you. It's going to take a lot of the tactical stealth out of gameplay, and that's a shame.

guys its going to be awsome stop complaining

343inustries is doing a GREAT job

better then bungie i must say

so deal with it.

Though I like your optimism, these are important things to consider. Hit markers could have a VERY big effect on certain playstyles, and from what we've seen so far there are a few things to worry about. Either way, I do agree that it looks like it's going to be a great game - and welcome to the forums, by the way!

The only issue I see is that when you crouch to stay hidden and people throw random grenades it shows through the hitmarker where you are sitting. whereas before it would just explode

Hitmarkers show that you ARE there. Not where u are:)