Halo 4 Live Cutscene (new Didact info)(SPOILERS)

Victory Element

Well the Didact doesn't want to use the Infinity to get off the ship as Del Rio Says he won't risk his ship and that the infinity cannot handle some type of puncture. So I think their going to use the infinity to stop the Didact from leaving.

no, the Infinity was EMPed(the orange glow thing) and crashed on Requiem. Del Rio wants to make it functional again, and if he does, it will give the Didact a way to get off Requiem. Since the Infinity utilizes forerunner technology, the Didact would want to use that instead of a covenant ship. I think chief and cortana want to destroy the Infinity or something like that, but we dont know yet......well Del Rio was talking like a captain and saying "i wont risk my ship" . Remember, the Infinity was repurposed to seek peace so its not heavily equiped for combat. Del Rio sounds like he just wants to get off Requiem as soon as possible without a fight. Cheif probably wants to use the Infinity for combat purposes or as a large bomb or something

no, the Infinity was EMPed(the orange glow thing) and crashed on Requiem. Del Rio wants to make it functional again, and if he does, it will give the Didact a way to get off Requiem. Since the Infinity utilizes forerunner technology, the Didact would want to use that instead of a covenant ship. I think chief and cortana want to destroy the Infinity or something like that, but we dont know yet......well Del Rio was talking like a captain and saying "i wont risk my ship" . Remember, the Infinity was repurposed to seek peace so its not heavily equiped for combat. Del Rio sounds like he just wants to get off Requiem as soon as possible without a fight. Cheif probably wants to use the Infinity for combat purposes or as a large bomb or something

It sounds more like Chief and Cortana want the ship to preform a specific task rather than just entering combat or using it as a bomb. It wouldn't make sense for chief to tell Del Rio that they can't leave the planet and that they're going to have to damage the ship as well just so the Didact can't hitch a ride on the Infinity

It sounds more like Chief and Cortana want the ship to preform a specific task rather than just entering combat or using it as a bomb. It wouldn't make sense for chief to tell Del Rio that they can't leave the planet and that they're going to have to damage the ship as well just so the Didact can't hitch a ride on the Infinity

its all a mystery right now, but what we know is:

-Del Rio want so to get Infinity fixed

-he wants to leave Requiem ASAP

-cortana wont let him

-something else is trying to get off requiem

My idea is that Requiem affects humans in certain ways that no other forerunner superstructure (Halo fortress worlds, Shield World Dyson Spheres, duh) does. If Didact can psychologically reshape any nearby sentient, we'll be seeing Del Rio's source of authoritative-abuse.

EDIT:

You know what? It wouldn't be surprising if Didact's source of anger besides his wife, is in part his anticipation to "manipulate" anyone whilst being suspended in a Timeless Xankara, achieving a near-god level of possession.

But to the why- wouldn't have the Didact used this back in the Forerunner-Flood and Human-Forerunner war? Likely not, that'd suck for plot progression.

My idea is that Requiem affects humans in certain ways that no other forerunner superstructure (Halo fortress worlds, Shield World Dyson Spheres, duh) does. If Didact can psychologically reshape any nearby sentient, we'll be seeing Del Rio's source of authoritative-abuse.

well, the problem with your theory is that Requiem is a dyson sphere

Well before the infinity came down MC had been wondering around long enough to be observed unless the suit masks his bio-signs but then the scan of forward unto dawn would have given up genetic traces of what we are,so maybe the A.I had been observing him to make sure he was human and decided to bring him in for closer inspection,organically.

Well before the infinity came down MC had been wondering around long enough to be observed unless the suit masks his bio-signs but then the scan of forward unto dawn would have given up genetic traces of what we are,so maybe the A.I had been observing him to make sure he was human and decided to bring him in for closer inspection,organically.

what AI are you talking about?? i dont think any specific AIs have been mentioned yet

Don't have to,requiems own systems will have spinoffs to manage a myriad of subsystems and the fact that the game doesn't state that the antagonist is in control of all of it's systems,requiem would still run at default status.

Remember "An ancient evil awakens" not is awake and looking about bored out of it's brain,if anything it was either interred there or went there of it's own volition and if it's dormant or in cryo then it would have spinoff systems monitoring requiem,not actually itself.If it's the didact and is being awakened from a cryptum sleep,it'll take days possibly a week before he comes fully awake.

In the cea terminals,343's proximity senses picked up the pillar of autumn and was trying to warn it off,don't you think it would be fubar if the forerunners didn't have the same system on their shield worlds? unless?

The shield worlds were suppose to be hidden like at onyx but requiem is'nt or has been taken out of it's hiding place.Kiki's words "Kind of breached" have been playing at the back of my mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes but if the person who shot this vid didn't upload it then we would be still be talking about whether cortana could be the antagonist,The covenant found a way to reach requiem,another portal somewhere? it would be highly unlikely that they stumbled upon it while zipping around outside the galaxy.

They put the trailer together pretty good,no one can say it was deliberately misleading but at the same time one has got to look at it as just pieces of the story not the story.

But it's the only thing we've got to go on.

The didact awakens but then why would he need the infinity? he has the resources of requiem,he could've had a ship crystal thing like what his wife supplied him in his first cryptum.Surely he has ancillas that do his beck and call? unless he distrusts them.

The covenant more likely stumbled upon the forward unto dawns distress beacon.