Blue Prometheans

Sierra1117

In the E3 trailer for Halo 4, we got a glimpse of the new promethean enemies. In the same trailer, we also saw promethean enemies that were colored blue instead of orange. I saw this video of spartan ops, and if you around the 8:10 mark, you can see the player is fighting a blue promethean knight. This is interesting because when we first saw the blue promethean ps everyone thought there would be factions among these A.I.s but their inclusion in this video makes me wonder about their allegiance and why their colored differently.

well, we know the orange color in some of prometheans means that they're corrupted, but i dont understand why we are fighting both colors. Maybe there are opposing forerunners on requiem and they use promethean armies for combat......who knows

I would guess either ranks, or instead of Promethean "Warrior/Servant" class AIs, what about "Builder" class AIs.

FYI...Forerunners have a cast system.

Manipular (young)

Engineers

Warrior/Servant

Life Workers (Librarian for example)

Miners

Builders

Prometheans (not the AIs but the Forerunners like the Didact) were of the highest Warrior sub-classes.

Probably ranks. Even in the covenant, there are colours at represent rank, like the Gold Zealot Elites, or orange grunt minors.

Well the prometheans aren't the covenant, so I dont think it has to do with that if their simply machines being used by forerunners.

well, we know the orange color in some of prometheans means that they're corrupted, but i dont understand why we are fighting both colors. Maybe there are opposing forerunners on requiem and they use promethean armies for combat......who knows

That's not for sure, we don't know if the orange means corruption, all we know is that there are two variations of the promethean classes we will be battling. Yes while the clues do lead to the Didact being "unbound" i think it's more to it then just "they're corrupted"

Prometheans (not the AIs but the Forerunners like the Didact) were of the highest Warrior sub-classes.

The blue enemies were still prometheans, they were just colored differently, so it wouldn't make sense if the builders were in control of them. If anything, I would expect it to be a promethean. The Didact seems likely, however I'm interested in his friend the Confirmer. In Cryptum, he was the guarDian of the San'Shyuum home world, and over time, he grew to like the species. However, he went on to guard the world by himself for 1,000 years, and deteriorated, both physically and mentally. So imagine this, you like this species, and their nice to you. But the flood causes the forerunners to activate the halo arrays, almost causing the race you like to be extinct. You are angry because what drove the forerunners to do this is to preserve the mantle, or save humanity. You then hate humanity, and wait for millenia for your chance to strike back. This would cooperate with the line "I have long dreamt of this day reclaimer." and it could mean the orange prometheans belong to him, and since the Didact has been all but confirmed to be in the game, he could be leading the blue ones, and end up fighting both the Confirmer and us for unknown reasons. Guess we'll just have to wait 'till november 6

• 3 months later...

I think the most widely accepted theory is that the blue prometheans were placed in charge by the Librarian of protecting requiem and making sure no one awoke the Didact. When the Didact woke up, I'm pretty sure he then "corrupted" the prometheans. That's what I've been hearing and what I think is true.

• Like 1

I dont believe these are ranks,it could just be an aesthetic choice rather then a a story related one, plus it wasE3, it wasnt a final build of the game, but you never know..........

we've seen both of them in the return of the the forerunners vidoc so we do know a change happens

Anyways, the prometheans were blue before Didact is awakened, and orange after, ok?

well someone started a thread about how they change color due to the time of day. orange were seen when there was light out and blue in the darkness.

but i think there might be more to it. We have seen MC fight both orange and blue prometheans, but the covenant has only been seen fighting the blues.......never the orange.....

well someone started a thread about how they change color due to the time of day. orange were seen when there was light out and blue in the darkness.

but i think there might be more to it. We have seen MC fight both orange and blue prometheans, but the covenant has only been seen fighting the blues.......never the orange.....

Well they were trying to keep the Didact asleep when they were blue, and the Storm was trying to awake him, so it's common knowledge for them to fight each other. Once the Didact awakens and corrupts the prometheans, it would make sense for the Storm to work with the servants of their god. I can see a scene where the Didact corrupts the prometheans and both the prometheans and the Storm kneel before him. That would make him even more awesome