Age of Empres is a RTS game for PC. It was probably one of the few games that Microsoft owned the rights to that took off (other than Halo).

I loved the Age of Empires games. I personally loved the second and third. I think half of the reason that I love history is because of AOE. I have used the trial for AOE online ad think it is a piece of crap.

Talk about your favorite game types, map settings, civs, and strategie here.

AOE 2 Conquerors: Spainish

AOE 3 Both Expansions: Portuguese

• Like 1

Age of Empires it's not a simple game...it's a piece of history. It's wonderful. I haven't had the opportunity to play the first, but i spent my life on the second, and also on the third. But the second...wow, it was amazing. I tried every civilization, and every one is different. The only lack i see in the third is that there are few civs, also with The Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties. But nonetheless it's a great game.

I still can't understand the decision of Microsoft to disband the Ensemble.

Age of Empires it's not a simple game...it's a piece of history. It's wonderful. I haven't had the opportunity to play the first, but i spent my life on the second, and also on the third. But the second...wow, it was amazing. I tried every civilization, and every one is different. The only lack i see in the third is that there are few civs, also with The Warchiefs and Asian Dynasties. But nonetheless it's a great game.

I still can't understand the decision of Microsoft to disband the Ensemble.

Neither can I it was disheartening hearing about there disbandment just after Halo Wars was made
  • Like 1

Ensemble is back. They made Age of Empires Online last August. I played the demo, but it was a bad mixture of the First Age of Empires and Age of Mythology. YOu have to pay for online play and can't play it just on your computer, it sucks.

• Like 1

Ensemble is back. They made Age of Empires Online last August. I played the demo, but it was a bad mixture of the First Age of Empires and Age of Mythology. YOu have to pay for online play and can't play it just on your computer, it sucks.

Well that's why I'm not playing that I'm buying the gold edition of Age of Empire's 2 I hope I still have the love for it

Well, Ensemble is back like Bungie is back in 343i. Now they call it Robot Entertainment, where many of Ensembles employees went after the disband. Yes, that's a pretty game, i bought the gold edition on steam for 12€, but it's not as good as the others...it's more funny and less difficult.

Oh, and AoMythology it's really good in my opinion. I still play it.

• Like 1

Well, Ensemble is back like Bungie is back in 343i. Now they call it Robot Entertainment, where many of Ensembles employees went after the disband. Yes, that's a pretty game, i bought the gold edition on steam for 12€, but it's not as good as the others...it's more funny and less difficult.

I like AOM, but there are always hings you don't like in a game. It is like they took everything bad in their previous games and decisded to put it in, then they charge me money to play a really crappy game.

I like AOM, but there are always hings you don't like in a game. It is like they took everything bad in their previous games and decisded to put it in, then they charge me money to play a really crappy game.

Yes, they are pretty much thieves about the price. I'd prefer consider it a Spin-off rather than a sequel (or prequel) of Age 3, like Halo 3 ODST.