Light Rifle in MP?

Viral

Hey everybody. Rogue again, with another topic of speculation.

So, with the Campaign and Multiplayer footage being revealled amass in the past few days, one weapon we haven't heard much about, is the Light Rifle.

Do you think it will be present in certain variants of Multiplayer, or Spartan Ops? From the looks of the Campaign demo we were shown at E3, it seems to be quite strong. Wikia suggests it's the Forerunner equivalent of the sniper rifle. If that's the case, it seems a bit overpowered, judging from it's fire rate.

I think it'll debut in Big Team Battles, due to it's fire rate it could be used as an anti-vehicle weapon. Although, that may be due to change. Who knows?

(Picture taken from Halo Wikia)

Light_rifle.png

Well, it actually does show someone using it in Multiplayer. It just wasn't in the campaign demo. Also they haven't really balanced the game yet, so it depends if they do or not. If they don't it'll most likely be in BTB but they probably have plans in having it in other game types too because when they show it in use in Multiplayer it wasnt BTB.

• Like 1

Well, it actually does show someone using it in Multiplayer. It just wasn't in the campaign demo. Also they haven't really balanced the game yet, so it depends if they do or not. If they don't it'll most likely be in BTB but they probably have plans in having it in other game types too because when they show it in use in Multiplayer it wasnt BTB.

Really? Do you have link of said Multiplayer video where the player uses it? I'd appreciate it :laughing:

It's really just a fusion of the BR and DMR. Unscoped it behaves similar to the BR and while scoped it behaves like a DMR. My guess is it will be a psuedo-power weapon and not regularly available.

You may be on to something, I believe it will be a weapon not available through 'conventional' MP variants. Infinity Slayer, as an Ordinance drop, MAYBE. I hope so.

ive heard its 3 shot Non Scoped, and 1 shot scoped. (Shots To kill.)

That seems pretty overpowered to me. Scoped wise, it should take a direct headshot.

If true, then maybe it will just be confined to specific playlists.

I'm perfectly fine with new weapons as long as it dosen't COMPLETELY BREAK THE FREAKING GAME like Halo 2's Automatic Rocket Launcher.

I swear, if there exists a weapon like that in any first person shooter EVER again, such as Call Of Duty, I'll refuse to play your multiplayer, plain and simple. I doubt 343 will make a mistake like Bungie did way back when. = )

I'm perfectly fine with new weapons as long as it dosen't COMPLETELY BREAK THE FREAKING GAME like Halo 2's Automatic Rocket Launcher.

I swear, if there exists a weapon like that in any first person shooter EVER again, such as Call Of Duty, I'll refuse to play your multiplayer, plain and simple. I doubt 343 will make a mistake like Bungie did way back when. = )

Oh boy, I remember that. It was neat, but annoying in situations :thumbdown: