Rumour: Microsoft to Reverse Xbox One DRM Policies

skummgummigubbe

It's being reported that Microsoft is about to reverse all of its controversial Xbox One DRM policies.

According to “multiple sources” cited by the Giant Bomb, Microsoft will undo everything that fans have been getting upset about since the console was announced a few weeks ago, outrage that reached its climax during E3 2013.

Here’s an easy-to-digest breakdown of what that means:

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • Authentication is no longer necessary
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

Giant Bomb believes that Microsoft will accompany the announcement with wording to the effect of, “We've been closely listening to consumer feedback.”

Even more interesting, it’s said that this announcement will come today.

Speaking on Twitter the author of the piece said, "I do not publish stuff I am not confident in. Yes, it is sourced anonymously, but I vet vigorously." He added, "Could I be wrong? Yes. But I don't publish stuff like this very often."

Brace yourselves.

Edit: Oddly, What Hi-Fi is carrying the same story, from seperate sources.

med_Xbox_Console_RHS78_TransBG_RGB_2013.jpg

source

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15306-Rumour--Microsoft-to-Reverse-Xbox-One-DRM-Policies.html

View full article

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if they really plan on doing this then they better make a big announcement of it. Gain some customers back either now or never. Personally I don't really like this at all. I'm perfectly fine with all the decisions Microsoft made with this. I don't like the kinect or the x1's pricing, but other than that I'm fine with everything else. Now I won't be able to play games anytime I want to (without a disc or having to worry about disc scratches) because the majority is scared to move forward.

Guest HeireeMooheve

e all along but with all this explanations i can now understand, such sites as dating sites is clearly not a good way to invest ur time. I ve observed also that criminals make use of female pictures to entice men to patronise their sites. What an eye opener! July 7, 2010 at 8:38 pm 17 Robin says: I was a rather active member of several online dating sites and then I cheap wholesale jerseys went to graduate school and had NO time to date. I was still curious to see who was on when you're frustratingly bored, you want to know how the other half lives and the sites wouldn't let you browse unless you had an active profile. When people wrote to me, I didn't have the time or energy to write back. I would have taken it off if they would allow me to browse without the profile. July 8, 2010 at 8:21 pm 18 Bruce Peight says: I consider myself a veteran guy of online dating, three different sites at one time. I finally found the love of my life on eHarmony after a lot of effort. I learned that woman wholesale football jerseys have a lot of reasons to be reluctant to dating. Perhaps a bad previous experience online or a busy life that leaves little time for dating remember, a well grounded person has a life and is just looking for someone to share it . Most often, I believe, is many women are just unsure about the protocol of online dating and are uncomfortable. I've had women who broke off a date that morning, because their previous guy called from Florida. I dated a woman for three weeks before she decided she still loved her ex, four years after their divorce. I emailed and talked for weeks to three women, who would never consent to a date. The solution, guys, is to go for quantity. I was always in open communication with ten or twelve women and emailing three or four. My limit for actually dating was two at one time. Enjoy the dating experience, and don't get hung up when someone doesn't respond simply move on. And, of course, when you find that special person, be kind and honest to those to whom you say goodbye. Some day yo

Related interested:

http://www.kmd.com.tw/Forum/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=46&sid=

Guest Gamyinvomogam

Panama City to be the biggest irony of all. Somehow some people say this is paradise I found this place to be a **** hole. Everyone that has gone to Panama City will admit that the low tide takes the water out 2 3 miles and all that is left of the drained out rivers and bay is black muck 8230 all the crap from the city and its sewers left to stink up your day 8230 and crime is horrible and the very currupt police kept stopping us they stop rental cars, feel free to give them 10 20, you will save yourself a lot of time Advise: dont ever give the police your passport 8230 you will pay alot to get it back and it may not be for days. I live very well in medellin colombia 8230 i play it safe and do not travel out of the city. Take this advise for all of Colombia 8230 you only get kidnapped once. I look forward to visint Chile 8230 I am happy to hear about Peru being so popular on this blogg 8230 . April 7, 2009 at 1:10 pm 86 Heather says: My famiy and I are thinking about moving to Mexico. We have a 7 year old who would have to go to cheap soccer jerseys school and we are all white and my daughter and I are blond. I would like somewhere with great beaches and lots to do and enjoy. We also dont speak very good spanish yet. Any suggestions on the place for us? April 12, 2009 at 12:04 am 87 Kirk says: I have been living in Colombia now for 3 years. Yes it is still extremely dangerous here. I have seen 4 people shot in broad day light and no one does nothing. People getting hit by buses, Also it seems every Colombian has a story about a family member or friend who has been shot dead. I hear about a new murder everyday being here, Colombia is a beautiful country but it is dangerous so don't wholesale jerseys china let anyone tell you different because they are lying or haven't spent enough time here. April 14, 2009 at 5:32 pm 88 Calvin says: Few things what i would like to say about this article, and i do agree with some of it. Colombia, i heard that there is a lot of dangerous places, but this is also ignorance, jus

Link:

http://www.daweta.eu/modules.php?name=eBoard&file=post.newtopic&fid=7

Guest Lelfplaycle

Many restaurants with a bar or pub offer happy hour specials during the week. Happy hours are geared toward working people, to entice them to stop in for a drink special after work. Along with cheap drink specials, many restaurants offer inexpensive or free appetizers such as chicken wings, taco bars, or chips and salsa for patrons. 5. Restaurant Week Established in 1992 to help increase business for restaurants, Restaurant Week has grown in popularity over the past two decades. While Restaurant Week varies from place to place, the main concept is that restaurants partner with local tourist organizations or chambers of commerce to promote a week cheap jerseys from china of lunch and or dinner specials. Other partners may include local businesses, banks and food vendors. As part of Restaurant Week, businesses offer reduced prices for a limited, prix fixe menu, the idea being that what they lose in check averages they gain in sales volume. Some restaurants report increased volume as high as 40% during Restaurant Week. Read more about Restaurant Week. 6. Two for One Specials An ever popular promotion is two meals for the price of one. To keep food cost under control, keep your two for one menu limited to select entrees, or try rotating the menu, offering different dishes each week. Because two for one specials are geared toward the budget minded consumer, avoid offering expensive items, such as lobster or large cuts of beef. Simple menu items, such as roasted chicken, stuffed haddock, meatloaf, and stuffed pork chops all have low food cost, and are perennially favorite meals. Check more classic favorites for your restaurant menu. 7. Coupons Everyone likes a deal, and offering coupons for a percent off a meal, a free dessert or other cheap jerseys wholesale promotion is a great way to reach out to customers. Think beyond the Sunday paper. You can offer coupons on your website, on your Facebook or Twitter page. 8. Wine Tasting Specialty dinners, such as dinner theater, fundraisers or a wine tasting are great way t Other topic: http://www.oil.com.tw/modules/newbb/newtopic.php?forum=6++++++++++

Guest Karfpeermacex
Guest Karfpeermacex
Guest FluivySleerie
Guest Toommaglami
Guest Unlocrano
Guest Toommaglami
Guest Toommaglami
Guest Unlocrano
Guest Toommaglami
Guest Toommaglami
Guest Unlocrano
Guest Unlocrano