Your Opinions of Prometheus

VivaLebowski

Wha'd yall who have seen the New Ridley Scott Flick think of it? I'd give it a solid 3 and a half out of 5 stars for awesome effects, scary sequences and some pretty entertaining characters. Have to take points off beacuse I thought the back story and science fiction elements of it did not hold up too much or stay consistent even if it was a very intriguing premise.

I'd say it asked the big questions but failed to deliver any sort of response. Not that it needed to neccasarily but the profound questions were lost in the standard, Alien-esque horrible gooey things are happening, people are touching things for no apparent reason, sticking their faces close to unknown substances and or creatures, that kind of thing.

I thought it was one of the best looking movies I've seen in several years though, an absolutely dynamite visual sense.

Overall a huge letdown. I'm a big fan of the Alien franchise, this was nothing like it. The first 15 minutes were promising, but it all went downhill from there. A couple of scenes brought back the brutality from the previous films, which was nice. It was filled with cliches and characters that were hard to relate to.

2.5/5.

Overall a huge letdown. I'm a big fan of the Alien franchise, this was nothing like it. The first 15 minutes were promising, but it all went downhill from there. A couple of scenes brought back the brutality from the previous films, which was nice. It was filled with cliches and characters that were hard to relate to.

2.5/5.

I thought it tried too hard to be like Alien, and it suffered from the same problems; people sticking their faces where they don't belong, that kinda thing. Basically, haunted house syndrom but in Space. It was also trying to way too clever...So the Aliens have left messages for us to go find the ultra remote weapon station where they stockpile the stuff to destroy us? Makes sense...

I think part of the problem was that I went into it expecting it to be something it wasn't. I thought it was going to be really terrifying, something that would get inside my head, but there wasn't anything that got at me psychologically. I still sometimes get nightmares about the original Alien, and I watched that back when I was a kid.

The gore was... okay, I guess. Years of playing Gears of War has all but completely desensitised me to blood and guts, so even though some bits were nasty they didn't have me curling up and feeling nauseated in the same way the chestburster from the original Alien did - although then again, that's because this was a trick that's been pulled before, and pulled in a more graphic and horrifying way.

I liked the fact that it was trying to do something different, though - the problem is that it didn't go far enough. It's not just the same spirit of the tricks used in Alien, it was the same tricks used in Alien. I though it was going to use the engineers as a part of some greater story about philosophy and the things we believe as a part of some greater cosmic whole, but instead they're just albino brutes with a bag of flashy setpieces and a refusal to explain themselves until someone forks over the money for a sequel.