Has invasion been Ruined?

jfusco93

Just thought id ask what you all think about the new Invasion maps from the June update. I feel they have kinda ruined the playlist as it seems like the new maps were rushed in a way because they all feel the same and their construction. I was hoping for more maps built like breakpoint from the noble map pack dlc, complete with a little twist to the objectives for instance blowing up the reseach facility. Anyway i've shared my view what do you all think of the new maps? :)

I agree with that I hope they bring Invasion back for halo 4's war games but make it more winable, maybe put a twist in it like add CPU controlled team like prometheans to mix things up and disorientate both teams while protecting and taking the objective :) makes each game more of an adrenaline rush and more fun :)

I do not like the new maps. I actually came on here to start my own thread about how they need to be fixed. They all seem to have the same mechanisms used in their construction, with little changes between each. It's dumb. Here's a few things that are annoying beyond all control:

1. If a spartan takes the banshee, how the H$%L are the elites supposed to take it out? You can't just take a sniper or laser and return the favor, you have to get on a jetpack and get a lucky plasma pistol. Any good flyer of the banshee won't be taken out that easy though.

2. Yea, you made it so the elites can't dominate with the spartan heavy weapons. But now you have inexperienced people using the sniper, or not using it at all.

3. In most of the maps, especially floodgates, it's extremely easy to spawn kill! Whether it's a DMR as they walk up to you or actually spawn kill on tier 1, it's really hard to get by the first objective sometimes. I actually played a game with Oakley HiDef the other day (one of the makers) and I thought it was sad. We were dominating their team so bad that we were spawn killing them, all of there teammates quit, and they were completely shut down.

Fix them. Let the Elites have some way of being able to jack spartan heavy weapons, or don't let the Spartans have access to the Banshees. Give them less DMRs, or more coverage to make it a bit easier to obtain the objectives. I'm sick of getting about 35 kills per game, but it not even mattering because of the rest of our team getting spawn killed by DMRs. Spartans have WAY too much power in these maps, and I speak for a lot of people when I say they need to be fixed. Yea, they look cool and all, and have nice ideas. But the gameplay is almost always one sided towards the Spartans. I'm not saying I could do a better job, but I am voicing an opinion on the maps and not liking invasion as a whole at the moment. Breakpoint was the best innovation the playlist has had. I agree with jfusco there, that there should be more ideas like that instead. I also like the fact that THFE's maps are featured, just please fix them so it's a bit more enjoyable for the not-so-amazing players as well.

I agree they are really badly designed. They all look the same with nothing to seperate them and make them individually special. I agree with Skitzo on the topic of power weapons, if the spartans control the banshee, Spartan laser, sniper rifle and Rocket launcher.The elites will not win, even if they pull the core into the open they will be sniped down. Some time it feels pointless to play and this encourages quitters.

honestly yeah these maps are made near impossible.They are made poorly and tend to be Very Open.Like in BTB the team with the best sniper wins.Only the spartans can even get the sniper.They made all of the spartan vehicles crazy hard to jack.And if they take your Banshee go ahead and quit.The scorpion tank has some disadvantage at least of being able to hop on,but Banshees have no such disadvantage same with Falcons.So really whoever made these maps you should have put more thought into it

All power weapons should be banned on invasion due to their advantage to spartans or have the respawns capped, I mean people purposly die when the rocket respawns just to gain more kills. The only way i can see it being more equal is by giving both teams weapons such as the sniper rifle and Spartan laser (because I believe the beam rifle is pointless against the sniper) or taking them away all togethee

No way its as good as it has ever been

Agreed.Either of the other 2 old maps is much better than all of the new maps combined.Its tough,but not impossible.Since on Spire both groups everything can be stolen so it is much more even and I honestly love it when elites defend.Spartans can steal the Banshee Elites can steal the Rockets and Sniper to knock it down,but in the new maps since all of the spartan weapons are behind sheilds there is next to no way for Elites to steal them,while Banshees are as stealable as ever.Most games I actually win are because as spartans.I walk over there and steal the Banshee maybe taking someone else with me to take their tank.In Boneyard and spire I can get blown down.On the new maps I win.Simple as that