Halo 5's Story already being discussed

Adam91

1fee1cf86299533404f6b3744024b846.jpg

There have been talks discussing what halo 5's story will be, obviously they aren't going to into all details about it yet but some interesting things have been discussed about the next story and also about it being on the next gen console. Read the article below for more details.

Credit to Lil Dog for finding this.

Source: Examiner

"Halo 4" brought Master Chief back in a fitting way this holiday season, but this is only the beginning for what's still to come from the series and on next-generation systems.

According to a report from Product Reviews on Thursday, apparently people are in favor of seeing the next few installments on next-generation platforms.

"We could simply see 'Halo 4': Next-gen land with improved graphics for the Xbox 720 at an event next year, but we’d favor something totally new in the form of 'Halo 5' with some major improvements in physics and graphics, which would be the bonus for the second and third games in this trilogy if they launch on the Xbox 720.

"If 'Halo 5' hasn’t been worked on this year then launching it next year might bring something with limited work done, so again this is why we’d prefer to see a 'Halo 5' more thought-out with a release date in 2014 on the next-gen Xbox," the report stated.

It went on to discuss how the next installment of the series could perhaps explain more about how Master Chief came to be.

"Some of the ideas we’ve seen for the 'Halo 5' story include the possibility of an episode in the theme of “Search for Spock“, which could see Master Chief leave Earth looking for Cortana, although we also hear that a lot of fans want to see how the Spartans were created and how they were broke to make them a Spartan.

"This would also deliver a lot more insight into how MC had been created, and what process he had to go through," the report stated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In Halo 5,  I would like to see more failure! ,adds more drama. look back at Reach! lots of drama and failure. they're too many victories in halo 4.including spartan ops. since when did the covenant become the lesser. humanity coward from the covenant and now we always win!? the elites were feared in Reach in halo 4 they are way to easy to kill and are'nt intimidating like in Reach, make them seem more alien, don't always have them talking it makes them more human. I would love more species in the covenant, or to bring back familar faces like the Brutes. It would also be great to add a more intimidation to the covenant again by bringing back scarabs and revenants.The more vehicles the greater the foe.also it would be nice to bring back the Falcon, Hornet, long sword and the covenant victories.

I'm back again with more ideas! bring back Jun from Halo Reach, and the Flood.also it would be nice if there was a survival mode, and firefight. keep spartan ops because it tells the story of the spartan 4s. keep Master Chiefs armor because it is the best I have ever seen, and in Halo 5 don't start a spartan 5 program keep spartan 4s.just add more ranks and armor. in Halo 5 push the Infinity to its breaking point. Bring back the larger covenant capital ships like the super carriers and the trooper carriers.huge space battles would be nice, and in Halo 5 it would be cool to see a harvester in operation and you have to take it down.forgable firefight maps would be awesome, you could put as many AI as you want like covenant,promethans, and flood.the thing I want to see the most is darker ghosty more like maps.  like add lots off fog and rain and then flood come and attack you.Oh and no more spartans surviving hits from energy swords it makes the elites look bad.bigger forge maps and please dont use the halo 1 songs keep doing what your doing! I love the songs in Halo 4.It would be nice in Spartan ops if you could get into the pelicans to exfil, instead of standing around them.Oh and what about the pretty Paris class Frigates, what happened to them?

This is an ******** rude comment!

haha wow. Make sure you guys think about effective ways to tell the story this time. Maybe do one or two things really well instead of missing the mark by trying to cover several macro, micro and mid sized stories all at once.

why don't you try makng a video game? kid! Then we will see how yours comes out and I will comment about its ****y-ness. THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB AT EVERTHING, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN BEAT IT!

I think that Arby's will be back with a giant group of elites with new woepons not terrible remakes actual new woepons and vehicles how about some promethium veicles cheif and Arby try to save cortana's but only recover a small fragmant of her software chip followed my the didact army being led by a crazy cortana luckily chief had a software thing that would bring cortana back. Cheif would join Arby and attack the humans because of what they have been doing. And good idea can't touch

I'd like to see the spartan origin. And I wonder if halo 5 and 6 will be something like the following. John brings back cortona or flips roles with her in the process. Forunner technology comes alive everywhere, controlled by a mystery forunner AI construct. Who paves the way for the corrupt precursors and outer galatic precursors return. John plays a key role in changing this AI's mind, by sacrificing himself, signaling all forunner technology to respond to human interaction. The humans and all covanent species unite, using forunner tech. and weapons, if they hope to stand a chance. All players from the books and games are used.

I think one of the cortona copies that cortona used to distract the didact in halo 4 will be captured by or accidentally merge with the newly composed didact, he fell into the composers event horizon. Then both were super luminally transmitted to the ark or sheild world or another forunner construct, before his ship exploded. There she is repaired, reconstructed and brain washed or memory wiped. Turning her into another menadict or offensive bias. A cortona bias if you will, granted with the ability to activate and forced to use all of the forunner sentinals, structures and weapons in the name of the didact. The cheif will be facing his bestfreind, and long time companion.

He searches because a sentinal attack occurs, perhaps early in the game, yeilds traces of cortonas programming code. Then while searching or going on a led, he is confronted by the 40 foot phoenix sentinal controlled by her and speaks to him in a very recognizable voice. Chief is stunned, defeats it and embarks on a mission through Halo 5 and Halo 6 maybe, to bring her back from oblivion.

The didact is arrogant and sadistic enough to do this. Maybe he is controlled, a puppet for the true threat, the flood or other galaxy precursors coming to avenge the genocide the forunners did long ago to thier brethern. Not recoginizing the humans as reclaimers. Everyone becomes a target.

Maybe in the halo games. Some new things included could be the following.

All the covanents species DNA is stolen by a mad elite loyalist or last of its species prophet scientist and cloned, using newly discovered forunner genetic labs to create a new chimera army.

The newly composed didact returns and finds the hunter species forunner production lab and creates a multi armed combant type for a new army.

Finally a gravemind creates new battle forms.

All still defeatable, just harder to kill, makes players get creative or team up.

New combat dynamics.