Halo 2 Servers Live On....... (Well for a while anyway)

Spectral Jester

Almost a month ago, 343 Industries announced that they would be shutting the servers for Halo 2 (PC) down on February 15th.

Well apparently the fine folks at 343 were not looking to beak any hearts around Valentines Day, so they've decided that the Halo 2 servers can live on for a while longer.

According to David Ellis, a designer for 343, the Halo 2 (PC) servers will stay open till June, and they are exploring further support options for the title.

Notice the key point to all that, 'Exploring support options for Halo 2(PC)' could the servers carry on.

Well do your bit Halo 2 fans, log on and play online, show 343 that we want the servers to stay up for as long as possible.

Halo 2's Windows PC multiplayer support will extend through June and Halo 4 developer 343 Industries is investigating "further support options," according to a tweet from David Ellis, a designer at 343.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

i think they should bring bout halo 2 like they did the original to the 360 world out of the xbox shadow ( bring it to xbox 360 ) i have injoyed all of what the halo world has to offer but one game halo 2 it is impossible to find in florida please take pitty on those of us who are late bloomedrs to the halo univers and rerelese halo 2

I would love to see this game come back to Xbox. SO MANY people quit playing Halo because the servers were shut down. It was a fun game to play and was and probably still is the most competitive game to date. It is more than fun to play Halo 2 with friends at home so i know it would be AMAZING to play it online again.

But a 4 Shot Kill BR with no sprint with Halo 2/3 forged maps on Halo 4 would be sick too. Just name the playlist Classic Halo.

The hole concept of this is amazing, but it would be even more awsome if they brought the halo 2 servers online for xbox, cause I have it and use to play on my 360, and id love to just have one more game. :)

Please bring back halo 2 for xbox, not just the campaign but the entire multiplayer, most played game ever. like everyone says if the game isnt broke, dont fix it. and what did bungie do? well everyone can answer that

is it really necessary to have made halo 4 like call of duty?? whats wiht the loadouts, halo 2 remake HD with same gameplay and multiplayer would be the biggest hit ever in FPS games ever

I love you 343!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!!!!!! All of our voices and videos and everything have been hered!!!!!!!!!!! and i think they will renake halo 2 for the 360!!! it mey not be old halo 2 multiplayer but at least it will be just like halo 2 with more skulls, probably a firefight option type of thing and of course new graphics!!! I hered about it

I have been a dedicated Halo player since the first Halo released for the original xbox console and pc. I say bring back ALL HALO 2 maps and ranking system into the new 360 console. If this was done you would have over millions of players back onto the game instead of peaking at a hundred thousand or so. Ever since the ranking system has been pulled out of the game it also lost that spark in which drove Halo to be one of the best games known to Xbox