New Information Pertaining Prometheans (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Hᴜᴍᴘsᴛʏʟᴇs

ALL CREDIT TO

Turns out a Game Informer employee leaked some information from their October issue (which obviously isn't out yet). Some of it's old, some of it's new. Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

• The Knights are one of three subdivisions within the Prometheans.
  • Crawlers are basically cannon fodder to distract from the Knights.
  • Watchers are support units. They can shield knights, spawn watchers, resurrect knights.
  • Prometheans work together strategically.
  • Frankie's example of a Knight sniping him, he takes cover behind a column, Crawlers attack him by crawling down from the column.
  • Promethean weapons/equipment designed to fight Flood.

There are different variants of Knights, watchers, and crawlers.

• Knight - Deadly warriors, use weapons like Light Rifle and Supressor.
  • Knight Lancer - Scouts and Marksmen, use Promethean Vision to locate hidden enemies
  • Knight Commander - Have skills of Knights, but can wield Incineration Cannons, stronger armor, Autosentry turrets
  • Knight Battlewagon - Rare but incredibly dangerous, huge frames draped in heavy armor and hardlight shielding, can deploy Autosentries, will wield Scattershot if you get too close. (Orange patterns through body and on face, orange spikes on back. Super badass!)
  • Watcher - Wield boltshots, summon crawlers, protect and resurrect Knights.
  • Crawler - Agile and move in packs, fire Boltshot from distance
  • Crawler Snipe - upgraded crawlers, no further details. I assume they keep larger ranges.
  • Alpha Crawler - Lead packs of Crawlers, has a Supressor

This is just details about the Prometheans, might be considered spoilers to some people.

Warning, the information below may reveal spoilers to the story in Halo 4.

• Prometheans work for the Forerunner civilization, "or whatever is left of it."
  • Why do they now appear as robotic entities? Were they always this way?
  • Prometheans are directed by a "general of sorts".
  • First you encounter the Covenant. Then the Prometheans. But it is when they combine forces, and how they combine, that will offer biggest surprises.
  • Also, the variants of the Prometheans weren't the blue ones, perhaps those are a different faction?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would assume that the Forerunners put themselves through a complete transcendence from body to machine. Just like how Chakas became 343 guilty spark. And as we know it, all forerunners took the form of various machines or many machines making many replications of themselves.

Warrior servants would be no different.

Does anyone oppose this? They're a tier 1 to near tier 0 civilization. I think my hunch would be accurate.

I don't think so. If that was the case the knights would have to be more strategic and have completely different character traits than what we have seen. In the books they are brilliant strategists and would almost be impossible for only the chief to kill if there were more than two. I would say they are automated sentries over anything, and the commander is most likely the didact as he is already confirmed in halo 4.

I would say that the prometheans are corrupted, as they are under control of the dialect, the commander of the forerunner military. The original dialect symbol is blue and as seen in the end of the gameplay trailer for campaign, his symbol is red/orange meaning he is corrupt, and being the commander of the forerunner military, the prometheans are under his control as the prometheans are a variant of the forerunners. This could be the case of the prometheans being hostile. This is just a theory though.

343 Guilty spark was red when he suffered affects, both in Anniversary terminals and in halo 3. I think XxGLiiTcHURrxX and I are on the same page. The logic only seems reasonable...

@ XxGLiiTcHURrxX

You are forgetting a very important detail... there are TWO Didacts.

The Ur-Didact(original) and the Bornstellar-Didact.Who's to say that the orange represents the original while the blue represents Bornstellar. One to protect and one to attack.

Plus those Promethean Machines may be the Forerunner Warrior-Servents Durances (memories of the forerunners final moments before they died).