Another Specs reports of the next gen Xbox (diagram)

Adam91

Quite a few specs report have surfaced over the past month or so and each one has been fairly similar but each have a few minor differences from others. So for those who have been keep themselves up to date with next gen news then you probably have a good idea of what to expect from the next Xbox. So here we have another specs reports but this time its is a detailed diagram of the hardware of the next Xbox.

This diagram and report is from

vgleaks.

durango_arq1.jpg

CPU:

- x64 Architecture

- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)

- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache

- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache

- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources

- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor

- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads

- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle

- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)

- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)

- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.

- Hard drive is always present

- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:

- Gigabit Ethernet

- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:

- Move engines

- Image, video, and audio codecs

- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware

- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Only 50 gigabyte on the Hard drive? Well that sucks. Or did i read it wrong? If i am wrong someone please correct me.

@King_Arachnidia - the 50GB drive is the optical (bluray) drive. The size of the HDD isn't specified.

My guess is that there will be different sizes available; all interchangeable, similar to the current 360s.

How many usb ports? I want 4 or more!!!

There should be AT LEAST four, considering that wired controllers should always be an option and there are also USB inputs at the back of the current 360s; this is why there will probably be about 2 USB 2.0 inputs..