The Heart of War [Reach Machinima]

Donut

We are currently working on a "YouTube Spot" for our Machinima. If you watch(ed) the Super Bowl(s), then you would see little action clips of movies as commercials or a small trailer for it, that's what were making. It already looks great with the most amazing music I could find, and I hope you enjoy it a lot, I'm really putting a lot of effort into this, and I appreciate all the nice things everyone has said, and thank you for the ones who body acted in the 2 trailers. YouTube spot should be out next week, so stay tuned and stay subscribed! :D

• 3 weeks later...

We are in the works of the actual Machinima, hopefully it will be out by next month or July. If you are not subscribed, then subscribe now! There is a lot of action, humor, great camera angles and twist & turns in this Machinima, we are putting our hearts into this. I would appreciate some Likes when it comes out, because it will be our greatest creation yet. Stay tuned, and if you have any ideas for what we should do in this, then post your ideas below! Action scene ideas, maps, character development, etc. Just post below please, we just need ideas! <3

I think ZB came up with this idea before, but why don't we have a scene somewhere in the machinima (once we get more people) where we are sent in to rescue some high ranking officers or something from an elite outpost...

Or, why don't we do a scene where some high ranking official is kidnapped by the elites, but before hand, we had captured one of their generals, and we have to exchange prisoners..?

I think ZB came up with this idea before, but why don't we have a scene somewhere in the machinima (once we get more people) where we are sent in to rescue some high ranking officers or something from an elite outpost...

Or, why don't we do a scene where some high ranking official is kidnapped by the elites, but before hand, we had captured one of their generals, and we have to exchange prisoners..?

Like the idea, but maybe once You, me, shadow, ZB, and Aza get to Highlands, we see that our soldiers captured an Elite. An elite general or Zealot? And then our soldiers tell us to go back to Northern Reach and fight the war there. While we are at Northern Reach, there is a battle going on at Highlands, the covenant want their general/zealot elite back, and so they come and attack. Once were done with the Northern Reach war, we fly back to Highlands, and see that it is destroyed.... and we do on from there? What do you think??

Well, one idea I have is:

We are flying in a Falcon going to pick up a team mate. When, suddenly two Banshees come out and start shooting at the Falcon. The guy on the ground gets his Spartan Laser and shoot through the hole in the center of the Falcon, and destroys the Banshee. Then, they fly down to pick the team mate up, and fly away.

I just had another idea.

We are on a bridge in a Warthog. Then, we go off a jump and a Banshee flies under us. The passenger, jumps out and hijacks the Banshee. While the Warthog makes the jump and faces off with a Revenant and a Ghost.

Well, one idea I have is:

We are flying in a Falcon going to pick up a team mate. When, suddenly two Banshees come out and start shooting at the Falcon. The guy on the ground gets his Spartan Laser and shoot through the hole in the center of the Falcon, and destroys the Banshee. Then, they fly down to pick the team mate up, and fly away.

Like the idea, after picking up the guy, he shoots at the 2nd banshee and THEN you fly away? This part can be a part of the war in Northern Reach. Good idea ZB, nice brain you got there. ;) But the scene is going to be hard to pull off. It means the Banshee will have to be right behind the Falcon, the guy on the ground will have to shoot right in the middle of the Falcon and the banshee will continue moving. So it will be a tricky scene, but we will try.

I just had another idea.

We are on a bridge in a Warthog. Then, we go off a jump and a Banshee flies under us. The passenger, jumps out and hijacks the Banshee. While the Warthog makes the jump and faces off with a Revenant and a Ghost.

Really like this one ZB. It will be another one we will need practice on though.

Well.. my guy is the one that uses a Spartan Laser lol.. so, we need to practice, make ZB pilot the banshee so I can kill him a bunch :D

lol! And I'll be the gunner ? Praying to god that I do not get shot by Zaguroth. o_o

well, when we practice, you'd have to pilot the falcon or have a guest account pilot it, when we do the real thing idc who the gunner is xD

I don't know. I'll be pilot I guess. Shadow and Aza can be gunners. I think that'll work best because I am a great Falcon pilot. :D

Here is my back story for Specter:

Specter. His name was Zackary. When he was taken from his home on Jerusalem VII, he was taken while walking through the woods with his parents. One of the few Spartans that saw their parents faces before they were taken. It happened so fast, that by the time he got his "bearings" he was on a Pelican flying to a military planet called Reach. He was a great trainee, always obeyed and listened to orders. Although, when his fellow trainees were being mistreated, he stepped in to help them, even though he may have gotten hurt. He became buddies with Michael and Lachlan, two of the only friends that he had. Those three would always practice fighting together,they would all train together. He was a listener more than a talker, but when he talks, everyone hears it. He was called Horse Head (even though he had no hair) but later in life, he earned a new name, on that stuck with him till the end.There was one thing that changed his life forever. The reason he got his name, is because he took a team of Marines and 2 Spartans, and 4 ODST's with him on a special mission. While they were trekking through the woods of this mysterious planet that was just recently discovered, they were ambushed by that slimy species called "The Covenant. It was a vigorous battle, bodies flying everywhere, cries of pain from both man and alien. In the end, the humans won. With only Specter and a dying Spartan alive. As the dying Spartan, also called Emily by her fellow Spartans, was lying in Specters arms, slowly drifting away. The last few words that she ever spoke were to Specter, and they were this, "Try to live". From that day on, Specter lost all feelings. Whenever he killed something, feelings passed right through him like a ghost. He talks, but with a voice that even Death is afraid of. Stationed under the command of Reaper, Specter was happy to serve such a great officer. Especially being posted with his two best friends.

.:Backstory for Arch:.

Eating dinner on a warm, summer day in Reach, those Marines and ODST's came in so fast I don't even remember the Commander's face. They took me, captured me, trained me. They just, stolen me. From my own home. From my own parents.... It all happened when I was 12. Twelve! I trained in the depths of war, these wars and battles are my training center, my battlefield. Ever since that day, the day that I lost the only things important to me, I just keep fighting until it is all over. "You're a soldier." The Commander had said to me. "No. I'm more than a soldier. I'm a Spartan." I said back to him. That day will always be in my memory. The day I had become a So-, a Spartan. And now, I am the leader of a 5-member team. I do not do these wars, these battles, these trades, this leadership for nothing. I do it because I must save Reach. It's the only thing left I have that I truly care about, but I stand tall, with honor and dignity, saving this planet is my destiny. Spectral, Eclipse, Shadow, Reaper... the team I must work with, Shadow... my only true friend. The one who stuck with me all these years in Northern Reach. He still has his parents. I don't. So, I guess he is the lucky one, eh?

:backstory for shadow:

There I was, with my family. Enjoying my day at the park. I was only 6. Tag, My friends and I were sprinting through the tall grass. I never got tagged. Why?I was the fastest, and when it came to video games- I was deadliest. As I took cover behind a tree hoping not to be tagged. I felt a Hand grab me, For a second, I thought I was tagged. No. It was a man and a woman, tall. One with gray hair and really dark eyes, and the woman with kind eyes. They let go and walked away. What was that? Who were they? Were they looking for someone? Eh, I was 6, didn't matter. I dashed through the field. Sprinting and dodging my friend's foolish attempts to tag me. Oh no, He gave up. sore looser. No pain, no gain. My parents came up to me. "Time to go son" I held their hand and walked toward our car. The car door opened, As soon as I took my seat in the car, I had to go. Go as in... "go" My mother walked me to the nearest bathroom. I saw them. The people. The same people who grabbed me. Staring. I opened the stall door, And then I heard a nock. Oh gosh. They were the last thing I saw before I got stuffed in the back of this...car? No, something like a car...Not sure. Turns out, I found a place to "go" after all.

Today I'm known as Shadow, the team's finest close quarter badass. Now i'm forced to defend reach with my family, My spartan famiiy, my new familiy, My real family.

My teammates,more like my brothers. Arch, Reaper,Eclipse, and specter.

Arch, our leader, my closest friend whom I trained with ever since i "went". I've trained with him. Forever, Stayed by his side and he stayed by mine.He taught me things I needed to know. I'm the only one who bothered to remember his name. Jason. Do I remember mine? David? Yeah, that's right. Let's go with that.

Now I must defend Reach with my team, my brothers. Everyone's lives depend on us.

Backstory for Eclipse

Eclipse, also known as Michael, had always been one of the stronger children in his neighbourhood on Earth. He was playing in his backyard when the marines came to take him away. Being in his backyard, he knew where some useful items would be, so he grabbed his baseball bat and started swinging. By the time the marines had grabbed him, he had broken one's arm, dislocated anothers jaw, and cracked 4 of another marine's ribs. To prevent further injuries to themselves, they had to sedate him. When he awoke, he was greeted by a man with a harsh face, but an overall kind look. This man introduced himself as Chief Petty Officer Mendez. Mendez explained to Michael that he was on a pelican being taken to a training area on Reach. When Michael heard this, he struggled to get out of the seat but found his arms and legs were secured to the seat he was in. When he arrived at the training area he met another young boy who introduced himself as Zack, but became known by the name Spectre. After a few days, a boy named Lachlan approached Michael and Zack, they quickly became friends and decided to always group together. During the years of training and augmentations, Michael had ended up crippling 14 trainers, critically injuring 7 more, and killing 2 because of the way he saw his companions being treated. Michael always was one to fight against authority, and before the genetic augmentations, had picked a fight with CPO Mendez and left him with a large scar on his face. Having grown up living a hard life of training, Michael has developed a need to fight, but also gained the wisdom of when not to.

:Backstory For Lachlan aka. Reaper:

Lachlan, code name Reaper, was born on Tribute. He has exceptional eyesight and can process what is happening in front of him faster then most others. When the marines came for him, Lachlan was playing with friends using cardboard armor and low power BB-guns. Lachlan shot each of the marines in the forehead with the BB-gun he was using before they got within 10 meters of him. After being captured, Lachlan was put onto a Pelican Drop ship and was told he was being taken to a secure training facility on the military planet Reach. When he arrived, he was quiet, but then befriended Zack and Michael. During intense training exercises, Lachlan, Zack, and Michael would always designate a meeting area before being dropped off. He was one of the best snipers in the group of children that had been kidnapped and were being trained to fight for humanity, he was only outdone by fellow spartan; Linda. After years of training and the genetic augmentations, Lachlan became one of the most calculating people in the U.N.S.C military, and became the leader of a Spartan Team stationed in Eastern Reach.