Site Poll 77: Who's your favourite character?

oAEBUiG.png

Hi everyone, Spartan here with site poll #77.

Last week I asked what your favourite mission was throughout all of Halo. It was certainly the best question I've ever asked the community, loved reading what you all thought of some of your favourite missions. For some of you there was a clear victor, others had to list their favourite from each game, and every post was a great throwback. I believe the two most liked missions were 'The Covenant' from Halo 3 and 'Metropolis' from Halo 2, both of which were certainly some of the best missions ever. Click here to view the last poll, #76.

QrFxVC.jpg

Who's your favourite character?

Despite how good last week's poll was, this one can compete for sure. Halo highlights the importance of various individuals, ranging from genius commanders such as Captain Keyes to proud marines such PFC Jenkins. There are impressive individuals across all species, The Vadam' for example is not only a great warrior but a competent naval strategist. Many have clashing morals, others just follow commands no matter what, and they all have their story. Some may be corrupt, potentially for the good of humanity, some were just engineered to serve. You have characters with great military and political influence, and also those who are merely pawns. Although, we know some of these pawns can be greatly effective, and not all leaders live long and prosper.

Now I'm sure you can all guess who I've referenced with some of those statements, but there's a many-to-many mapping when it comes to all of Halo's characters and the characteristics I've named above. Everyone has their bright and dark side, and everyone's unique. Which character from the Halo universe do you like best? Who do you relate with or appreciate most? Why? The 'good guys' and 'bad guys' are completely subjective here, as everyone has their own view on what/who is right/wrong.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

Spartan out.   :yay:

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II
  • Like 3

Benjamin Giraud of HuntTheTruth fame.

Keegan Michael Key's performance as Benjamin Giraud is why I love the character so much. He makes Ben very authentic, relatable, enthralling, and also extremely tragic. He didn't even know he was playing a game until midway through the story, and unfortunately for him that game was rigged from the start. It made his downfall all the more crushing as we would eventually learn that he never stood a chance. The kind of end he faced was essentially constructed like a Xanatos Gambit by ONI, which reinforced their sinister nature as a secret antagonist of the Halo series.

Though, what's more tragic is that the character with the most character to trounce all characters combined in Halo 5 would never be in the game... It makes me think 343 or Microsoft didn't want Key showing up all the other actors, which makes it less likely that he'll return as Benjamin Giraud in the future. I still hope though.

• Like 2