oAEBUiG.png

Heyy, welcome back to the 343i Community Forum Site Poll!  :)

Site Poll 59 - 'E3 2017 Discussion' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

This poll we're moaning and groaning (at least me anyway) about yet another "Classic" version of an old Nintendo console...

OkG0i3q.png

The SNES Classic, a "remake" of the Super Nintendo Entertainment System console, is scheduled to release this year on September 29th. What are your thoughts on the SNES Classic?

Also, how does the SNES Classic compare to the NES Classic from last year?

The next Site Poll will be posted whenever, maybe. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 3

The mini non functional retro releases are getting old. I get it, it's more geared towards people in my age group/generation to spark some kind of sentimental feeling. Yeah that might work IF we didn't already have emulation for every console from Colecovision to Playstation 3. Maybe if the thing actually played the physical carts it might be a noteworthy afterthought and worth picking up.

• Like 1

The mini non functional retro releases are getting old. I get it, it's more geared towards people in my age group/generation to spark some kind of sentimental feeling. Yeah that might work IF we didn't already have emulation for every console from Colecovision to Playstation 3. Maybe if the thing actually played the physical carts it might be a noteworthy afterthought and worth picking up.

Except one problem Twin, you're missing one game on the SNES Classic, that's not available for Emulation, and that's Star Fox 2. Because they're releasing the unreleased game with it. 

But I do agree, physical carts would make it more worthy. But, that would be the same thing for the Atari Flashbacks.

As for the OP, I like the idea of the release. For $80, it's pricey. But still cheaper than buying the original system, as well as the 21 games it comes with. It's not a lot, but for what the games are... It's a pretty sweet deal. All I hope is Nintendo actually keeps making them for at least a year. I'd buy it, just for Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.

• Like 1

That's the unfinished version. The version on SNES is the full version.

Also, there's a branding logo on the bottom of the SNES Classic page...

PuqGNt7.png

...which indicates (despite the fact that we got ANOTHER Classic edition) that there will be more beyond the SNES Classic. Like I told Fishy on Discord, they're gonna have problems with a N64 Classic because of all the Rare games, and the controller being so bad. If they make one anyway.

If they're anything like the NES Classics, they'll be pre-ordered by scalpers. And the promise of a finished game that should've been released roughly 20 years ago isn't enough to make me pay an arm and a leg to one of those :censored: either.

• Like 1