XqxozY5.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :P

Poll 26 - 'Which games have you binge-played?' - is here if you'd like to read the responses.

The common themes amongst the last poll's replies (regardless of how small that pool is) were... 

• The drive to complete an objective, but an eventual "burning out" & inability to reach said objective
  • Obviously the HUGE amount of binge-playing going on around here  :shock:

Kakashi_Hatake & rrhuntington sum it up nicely:

I've binged Just Cause 2 on my 360. I played it everyday during Summer for hours when I wasn't doing anything else. I got two red rings of death because of it. I desperately tried to get 100% but everything I destroyed or collected was worth 0.1% or less.

Alas, I only reached 75%. I've never had the same drive to complete something like it.

I have Binge played a many games, but not one like I did Halo Reach back in 2012-2013. I played that game everyday completing all the challeneges everyday and week. I had the goal of getting to Inheritor, but then I realized after getting to Forerunner exactly how much EXP it would take, and with Halo 4 on the way I stopped and just couldn't ever get back into the Grind the same way. So Close, yet so far.

Moving on, this week's poll is about the apprehension to play certain games due to somewhat "nitpicky" reasons...

What would you change about a game you're hesitant to play?

This thread will be locked a week from now on Saturday 6/4, so get your exposition in while you can!

And feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

DDOS, out!   :split:
  • Like 3

I would change several things about Fable 2. For starters, it takes way too long to get to a point where you can explore. Eveytime I want to start a new character, I cringe at the thought of what lies ahead. It takes a good few hours to trudge through it and since I've seen it at least ten times now, its exceptionally boring.

Secondly, money. It comes in such little amounts when you are told to upgrade first of all, you can afford a new sword and gun/crossbow and nothing else. No clothes, potions, items etc. Its especially annoying due to the fact that practically every building can be bought. Ive had to resort to buying a stall or two, setting the rent to double what it should be and setting  my console's date twenty years in the future. Any guide for earning money will tell you that. Although, doing it too much CORRUPTS your save, making you go through the tedious start again.......

Lastly, when you complete the game and are presented with three choices, each of which suck equally as much. Every option,except for one (which doesn't really matter anyway), can be achieved from doing stuff in-game. It completely negates the time and effort you put in to finally get to the end.

I would love for this to be changed but sadly it wont be.

• Like 1

The Halo 5 campaign. 

Honestly, I am very disappointed, not from a game-play perspective, but how the story was shown. The cutscenes later on in the game had nothing to do with the story, only serving as a ending point for missions. Although there was great filler information and neat factoids to flush out some characters or events, the main story was left hanging. Even the three missions where you had to run around and talk to various people was fairly bland. The worst thing was that a lot of our interaction with Cortana and her plans/motives take place during battles against Warden Eternal or tons of Promethean knights. At least do it while we are moving from one area to another, something I think Halo 3 did a great job with. I also think we could have seen more of the whole Osiris versus Blue Team hunt. I think only two missions had the player actually trying to find Blue Team, while the other missions were doing things to try to get to Blue Team.

Honestly, I just want to see a Halo Ring again, or the flood. Cortana is concerned about upholding the mantle, just as the Forerunners were. In my opinion, the only way she can prove she is capable would be to hold off a flood resurgence. I think any story not containing the flood in the next Halo game would fall flat.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm going to stop reposting comments like I did with Kakashi & rrhunt because it appears that I'm picking favorites: which IS NOT what I intended. Also the questions are a tad too confusing, so I'll simplify it. Anyone who's unsure what the question is asking can ask for clarification like P34nut did with Caboose's last poll.

Common themes is staying though since it's a poll and all. It'd be kinda weird to not acknowledge how the previous poll managed like Caboose did with his renditions.

Also, this is a work in progress, and suggestions / complaints are always welcome. Don't be afraid to speak your mind. :)