Forum Gaming Census:
In order to bring the forum a more complete and diverse experience with playdates on systems and games you all love, the Staff are proud to present the second Forum Gaming Census (FGC). We all play a variety of games but never really know who all has or plays certain games. In order to help address this issue, we have put together this census to gather this information and use it to create better playdates for the forums. All you have to do is fill out the answers to the following questions to the best of your ability and we will take it from there. If you are unsure of how to fill out this form, please see the example provided at the bottom of the post.
UPDATE: Deadline for this Census has been extended to February 8th.
1. What consoles/handheld devices/PC do you own that can connect to others via an online connection (internet or matchmaking services). Please note any fees or paid subscriptions.
2. Do you have Xbox Live Gold or the equivalent services for your consoles/handheld devices/PC? Do you use any special servers for games that no longer have multiplayer matchmaking, (ie Steam, Gameranger, and other server hosting sites). Please note any fees or paid subscriptions you have to pay for these services.
3. What games do you own for each console/hand held devices/PC that can be played with other forum members? Do you have any DLC for the game? If there are special restrictions or places you have gotten the games (ie Steam for PC), please list those games separately and explain as best as possible the situation.
4. Place “+” at the beginning of your preferred games to play with others and put those on top of each console list. Place “-“ at the beginning of games you would not want to play, and place them at the bottom of each list. If you have no preference start with a “” Please denote any Free to Play games with "F2P"
5. What days and times would you prefer to play or have open on a regular basis?
6. What is your favorite genre of games, and give three examples of games that you believe fit that genre.
7. Describe you internet connection.
Xbox 360 - (Xbox Live Gold):
+ Halo 3 (All maps due to ODST disc)
+ Halo 4 (Forge Island DLC)
+ Minecraft (No DLC)
CoD Modern Warfare 2 (no DLC)
Brink (No DLC)
Fifa 2012 (No DLC)
- Viva Pinata (No DLC)
- Lego Batman (No DLC)
PC - (Whatever you feel necessary to describe for Specs. If you can also give an example of your “best possible rendering/playability” for a well-known game, that would be great. Also try to include any issues with memory)
+ Total War: Rome II (All Faction DLC, no unit packs)
Team Fortress II (No DLC, F2P)
- Civilization V (No DLC)
+ Age of Empires II, The Forgotten Empires (no DLC, Use Gameranger to play)
League of Legends (Mix of Champions, F2P)
- Minecraft (Do not have Server set up, and can’t set one up, would need to build or rent server)
Open Fridays after 6pm EST, Sunday/Saturday from 10am EST to 12AM EST
For PC, Real Time Strategy (Age of Empires, Battles in Rome II, StarCraft)
For 360, First Person Shooters (Halo, Call of Duty, Titanfall)
My Internet connection is very fast, but sometimes drops. Download is 9 Mb and upload is 5 Mb.
And that's all there is to it. Please feel free to help younger members and fear your moderators. If you feel this Census is incomplete, feel free to pm the Events Staff so we can take your suggestion under consideration. Yes, we plan to use this data for creating better playdates and events for the forum.