Top 15 Update Announcement

Yoshi1176

I agree to the change, hopefully we can bring it back to the top 15 but for now, since we barely have enough active members, I think 10 is completely fine for now.

Thanks for the update Yoshi  :good: 

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea to me besides, now everyone will work harder and earn their place on top 10. ^_^

(Members join just about everyday more or less, hopefully we can get the active list up soon!) 

• Like 2

I'm just saying. I know , like, the site is basically dead in all halo discussion (which is weird for a halo forum) but I don't think using people who just go in the shout box is a good idea. I mean, I didn't recognise a good half, maybe more, of te people on that list- I use mobile so my guess is try just use the shout box.

I'm confused why you reward activity instead of rewarding those who actually try to post. Just my thoughts.

• Like 2

I'm just saying. I know , like, the site is basically dead in all halo discussion (which is weird for a halo forum) but I don't think using people who just go in the shout box is a good idea. I mean, I didn't recognise a good half, maybe more, of te people on that list- I use mobile so my guess is try just use the shout box.

I'm confused why you reward activity instead of rewarding those who actually try to post. Just my thoughts.

I believe it's set up that way because most times people who actually post, are the ones with the most (Or at least a higher rank.) You'd get the same people who are moderately active and post their opinions on all topics. The list would be low and probably reduced to an even lower amount.

I say this because activity is more variable than posting. Rewarding for sharing your opinions on most topics,while meaningful, isn't a very flexible thing to do. Besides, most of the newer people you don't recognize are New and Active. I noticed this forum is lacking New and, especially, Active, when I joined. I'm just saying Yoshi (and the rest of the team) set up the list this way, maybe not just on activity but other factors as well. I guess it all comes down to what you see, what you say. Activity makes posts. Activity brings in more. Forum is lacking more, and only loyal members left are the older-than-a-year ones.

• Like 1

When Edward and I took over the list, shoutbox activity was not counted as something that could get you on the list. Posting was really the main thing that got you on the list but we decided to add people that make good strides to get involved with other members and make the site fun. The shoutbox is were that all happened, and while others may think differently, the top 10 crew's view and decision is that the shoutbox is an important thing to incorporate into the list.

People that make good posts also get in but that is often not enough with all the competition with other members. We want members who post, have a great attitude and are friendly. 

• Like 2