Frank's interview over Ridley Scott's role in Halo: Nightfall

Ridley-Scott.jpg

Frank O'Connor sat down with Eurogamer for an interview at the Tokyo Game Show this year, which the topic in question was Scott's role in the development of Nightfall.

For those who don't know Ridley Scott directed the movies Alien, Bladerunner, and Gladiator, but for Nightfall he resides as the Executive Producer (he has some creative control, not ALL of it). Sergio Mimica Gezzan is the actual director (Eurogamer details that Gezzan directed episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Heroes and Prison Break).

Eurogamer questioned O'Connor what the project gained from Scott's involvement:

"He's there when we're building the story, he's there when we're breaking the script, he's there when we're picking locations, he helps with casting. I don't want to get into this but he has strong opinions about things - most directors do.

"[Nightfall] is our director Sergio Mimica-Gezzan's vision but Ridley carries a big stake and gets input on things. I'm not going to pretend [scott's] footprints and fingerprints are all over it but it's a small organisation with a lot of collaborative creatives."

Locke is the main character of Nightfall, and the show details his origins

halo-nightfall.jpg

"Scott Free Productions, it's easy to think of them as a large organisation, but it's actually quite small. Every[one] knows each other, it's not like a licensing tier where Ridley is disconnected with the day to day operations."

Eurogamer then asked for a example of something specific which Scott had brought to the production:

"One of [scott's] ideas of where we could film it completely changed one aspect of the story which I won't go into. It sounds a bit weird but he's a huge fan of the environments in terms of how they help tell stories."

"His thoughts on where to film it to make it look alien - and he had a great experience with the last Alien movie in Iceland - actually affected the story quite dramatically."

- - - - -

So there you have it. Thanks for reading! :)

Thoughts?

Sources: Halo4Nation, Eurogamer

http://halo4nation.com/other/what-is-ridley-scotts-role-for-halo-nightfall/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-01-what-did-alien-director-ridley-scott-actually-do-for-halo-nightfall

Edited by Hell Verruckt
  • Like 2

Where are you people getting Flood from? lol

Because this is most likely going to be Alien: The Flood, :P 

BritishSpartan On the contrary, I think the Flood are immensely entertaining. They are the closest we'll ever get to having zombies in Halo.

The reason you like them is the reason I'm bored of them. They're just zombies, They don't have any real character [ In my opinion at least.]  I'm much more excited for the halo TV series which will most likely be our favourite crazy alien alliance as the 'bad' guy! 

Because this is most likely going to be Alien: The Flood, :P 

The reason you like them is the reason I'm bored of them. They're just zombies, They don't have any real character [ In my opinion at least.]  I'm much more excited for the halo TV series which will most likely be our favourite crazy alien alliance as the 'bad' guy!

If you look very deep into the precursor past, you'll find out they have way more personality than first thought.