Extraction Strategies

SatanicBagels

So 343i recently released a playlist completely dedicated to their new gametype extraction. I have found this gametype to be pretty fun but largely tactic driven. (more so than other gametypes) There is a certain art to converting enemy Beacons, securing Beacons first, and Defending Beacons.

In my constant seeking of becoming a better Halo strategist and all around player I'm looking for any strategies or tips that can help me become better at it. 

While we're here... other Objective gametype strategies would be appriciated as well.

1. I always use the Ghost to lock down beacons that I'm trying to defend. 

2. Use the rooftops in Complex to lockdown your beacons.

3. Mobility lets you get to Beacons before enemies.

• Like 1

i've began playing more in the highly competitive team throwdown playlist. One thing that i have learned about extraction is that timing can be very crucial if you need to capture a beacon. it is best to take advantage of power weapons when they spawn. when a weapon like a sniper rifle or rocket launcher appears, it will catch the attention of any opponents defending the beacon. 2 or more usually break off from their defensive postions to snag that weapon. This gives you an extremely small window of opportunity to get to the beacon while defenders are gone, and you will need to convert it before the enemies return with the power weapon that they most likely recovered.

Another tip for extarction is to remain away from the beacon while defending it. You should not be on top of thing, rather you should stay at a distance that keeps the beacon visible. If you can communitcate with your team, this will always catch enemies trying to convert the beacon into a crossfire. the capturer is normally always expossed, so they will likely stand no chance if you have a perimeter around that area.

one final tip, pulse grenades. These are most helpful when a new beacon spawns or at the opening rush in a game. Just use them to block off dooways that allow access to the new beacon which will give you a chance to kill them off and capture the objective.

• Like 1