The 50 Reasons why reach has failed.
Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:53 PM
***note*** somethings (3 or 4 things) i disagree on but i am still posting becuase i have heard many other halo fans stress it**********
1. There is no Master Chief. The stories for the reach characters are dumb, i get them perfectly but they just arn't good.
2. The armor parts for your character are not fluid and look like they have been pasted on with super glue.
3. The armor shoulders are sooo big that some parts are bigger than your helmet.
4. why is MLG on community but Living Dead is on competitive?
5. The credit system was designed to keep you playing for hours, your rank means you have played for many hours and several days. No matter how food you are you basically rank up just as fast as a person that "sucks" ( a random player)
6. There is no team work, there would be if there was a credit bonus for winning, lets say about 500cr. not a stupid performance bonus. A winning bonus will make people want to gather teams and actually try to win to increase the speed of their ranking.
7. We are tired of too many forge maps,asylum and atom are good, as in, you should have stopped there, but we are sick of seeing the same bluish walls everywhere no matter what map it is the enviroment just gets so boring to see! make your own maps related to the game and stop the forge maps you lazy good for nothing bungie, anyone can make a forge map but you guys have professional expertise in animation and gaming, please make use of it!
8. The nade throwing range increased so much! why? nades are not long distance, people will move when a nade is 20feet in the air! nades are mid-range weapons. everytime i wanna throw a nade to an incoming enemy it fly right by them. they dont destroy vehicles cus anyone can see a nade coming from 25 meters away and easily move and dodge it.
9. Why is there no ranking system? 1-50 or 1-10 or 1-100? or whatever! but halo 4 will need one, i get teamed with people way above my rank and it frustrates me, and some are above me and i bet i frustrate them.
10. with no ranking system there is nothing to loose,or win. or be glad to flaunt your rank,sure people boost but i still rather have one.
11. Why are nades so weak? i have to land one perfect them melee or shotgun them or 2 shot them perfectly to kill them.
12. No more armor abilities they ruined the game.
13. armor lock sucks, an opinion? yes, but it sucks becuase it just shouldn't be in halo reach, if you get stuck deal with it, if u dont hear or see a hog coming to run you over, how stupid are you? vehicles take minutes to respawn just so they can be destoryed in a second by armor lock? not fair.
14. Jet pack, it shouldn't be in reach at all, why? so we have a new way to explore the maps? we have seen forge world many times and the high places have death spots.
15. hologram, really? sure it fools me sometimes but it only takes a second to relize it isn't taking damage, yes it fools a person but do they really stay shooting at it forever? and it just isnt halo anyway.
16. SPRINT IS RUNNING WHICH IS NOT AN ARMOR ABILITY ITS CALLED MOVING YOUR LEGS FASTER! THERFORE IT DOESNT NEED TO BE REMOVED AND IT SHOULD BE A ARMOR ABILITY CUS RUNNING ISN'T A SPECIAL ABILITY, WHY CANT YOU RUN JUST BECUASE U HAVE HOLOGRAM.ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IT MOVE YOUR LEGS AT A FASTER PACE!
17. the Assualt rifle is too strong and long range, halo 3 was too over powered, make it somewhere inbetween.
18. since 343 has had reach, like the first weeks of august, it has been really laggy, halo makes lots of money so get top notch servers.
19. Multi-kills are worth nothing, a skilled player can get high ones and therfore speeding up his ranking, since its already slow enough.
20. daily challenges are way too easy and too cheap, an average game as a brigadier will get you 1,000-1,5000 a mythic will get 1,500-2,000 per game, games take 6-8 minutes why are we going to go finish a challenge in firefight or campaign thats worth 1,100cr and it will take 10 minutes or more? the weeklys should be a bit harder and worth 20k to 50k cr, considering some high levels take 1million to 3 million to rank.
21. More slayer maps and less objective maps.
22. Assasinations are too slow and flashy, most of the time you will get killed or yoinked right after and they arn't worth anything. i rather get embarrassed by a defeat in a dmr fight then get assasinated.
23. Too many medals for so little effort, there are so many medals i dont know its ridiculous, many are awarded for doing something that is not impressive like killing someone while jetpacking or running, medals back in halo 2 and 3 meant you did an outstanding feature in battle.
24. too many firefight challenges, just because no one plays it dont make us play it by teasing us with daily challenges that are worth a laughable 1000cr.
25. the warhog is too weak, too powerful in halo 3 but reach makes it seems like there is a mounted AR on the hog.
26. a melee is too weak, it should take down all your shields.
27. the forge maps are not even centered and are off with other parts.
28. there isn't any dual wielding, seriously? c'mon bungie seriously? really.... like seriously? im being serious here bungie.
29. why is there like 95 ranks in reach? each with 4 grades? its just annoying.
30. why can't we search for people with our skill level? i dont really care for chatty people.
31. why the hell did you change the main menu song from halo 3, tha song was epic, seriously epic tho, as in unforgetable, not just epic like a 12 year old says it.
32. big team maps are a bit too big, why cant we play big team in countdown? or reflection?
33. Reach was made to show off bungies engineers, boardwalk has too much detail it ruied the entire map, well not entire map but atleast 95% of it. it looks like im playing inside a city in a roleplaying game.
34. bungie needs to understand that good detail and good story does beat a good online matchmaking experience, just see COD, horrible stories but good ,well decent matchmaking, they keep buying it somehow.
35. The spwaning for halo reach is retarded, many times we get spawned infront of my opponent.
36. each map has a spawning advantage weather its for blue or red team.
37. the ban for quiting is not very smart when bungie has lost 90% of their fans, i mean your kicking them off becuase they quit when a group of random people way below your rank got teamed up with you and you dont want to get slaughtered, it a good reason to quit but dont ban us, sheesh, you should atleast credit ban us for 5 games or so but let us play for fun atleast.
38. The Credit ban is not very smart either, many of my friends have gotten credit ban and i have been there to witness it when they have really done nothing against the game ethics.
39. the credit cap is also a great way to make your players leave bungie, or 343, many of my friends are high ranks and they credit cap at mid day and they miss out on the fun, please extend it to 200,000 for general and 400,000k for nova's and up.
40. the slot machine needs to have a purpose and a reason for its amount, if i win a game and get 200 on the slot i feel cheat when i loose and hit 800 on the slot, see something bad here brothers?
41. why do we start with magnums when we respawn when we play a non dmr map? is it becuase bungie has no brains/ or becuase they know an enemy might spawn next to us knowing the crappy spawning that they gave us a magnum to take em out cus its a good short range weapon.
42. The entire story line for reach is silly, probably too silly, actually its so silly its suspiciously too silly, why count emile use armor lock to save him self, why didn't the phantom destory everyone when kat died instead of just being sniped? why couldnt the guy (forgot name) that died in the pelican just jet pack to save himself?
43. There needs to be a ranked playlist and a social playlist like halo 3, simply you are a hardcore gamer or a recreational gamer.
44. halo reach is mostly about stats when u reach higher ranks, why must we know k/d? when many people go to multi-team or griffball to boost?
45. why do the needles on the needlers follow you like a fly on poop?
46. people dont say how good a story line is or how good the graphics are, well atleast they dont stress it but a good multiplayer matchingmaking system is the most important, if you cant come up with a story for halo 4 just make a very good online game and it will sell, most get it for the online and are INTERESTED with the story line and stuff.
47. DO NOT make weapons customizeable for halo 4 TRUST ME I WILL NOT BUY THE GAME AND I WILL LET MY HALO BUDDYS THAT ITS TRYING TO BE LIKE COD AND TO NOT BUY THE GAME.
48. 343 needs to clean up what bungie ruined in halo reach, it may take more than one game but please make the game like it use to be in halo 2 and 3, classic slaying, no bs armor lock, nojetpack, no bloom, no bullet spread.
49. Bungie made no money off reach cus no people wanted to buy their maps cus only an average of 100,00-150,000 players are online and they wouldn't make enough money even if everyplayer bought the new maps htye make, i dont even have them and the DLC plyaylist has no more than 1000 people. i remember when halo3 had maps out everyone wanted them, thats probably a total of 1m-2m players downloading and buying their maps.
50, I DONT CARE IF 343 HAS TO SHUT DOWN REACH FOR 2 WEEKS AND REBOOT THIS MISERABLE "HALO" GAME, I MISS CLASSIC HALO 2 AND 3 and halo combat evolved. SHUT THIS GAME DOWN FOR A WEEK OR 2, OR EVEN A MONTH AND START FIXING SOME THINGS OR SHUT DOWN FOR A FEW HOURS EVERY OTHER DAY. BUT PLEASE BRING BACK HALO HOW IT SHOULD BE, MAKE IT A GAME ABOUT SKILL AGAIN, THIS IS A GAME FOR THE GENERAL KIDS, HALO IS A MATURE SHOOTING GAME, SO MAKE IT THAT WAY AGAIN!
btw want to know why reach sucks? becuase bungie let us know and so did 343. when halo 3 came out it had millions of online players after 3 years it still had about a milion, everyone was happy the companys were happy, we were buying map packs and bungie waqs making money, everyone was worry free for 3 or 4 years, but when reach was made it hasn't even been a year and you are already hearing about halo 4! wow, why? becuase they know reach was a huge misstep in the halo franchise. when halo 3 came out there waqsn't a word about any other halo game coming out or in the works, everyone was happy and satisfied.
Ok so i talked about halo 3, i thought it was a almost perfect game, sure it had flaws like a underpowered Assault rifle and rank boosting, most people complained about the rank, the ranking system was awesome, the boosters were not, the ranking system showed you that u needed skill to play halo, people that boost to 50 got put against real legit 50's and im sure they had no fun get pooped on every game so boosting didnt really matter and if it were to get patched up or remade in halo 4 or reach.. then it would be a great ranking system, but overall the game felt like a halo game.
I know some people may disagree with some stuff i said and even i disagree with some stuff i said but i am speaking out for other fans aswell not just me, altho most of these do come from my opinion. so do you guys , my fellow halo fans, agree with me? do u think that reach just isnt halo. its reach. I am open to any inputs you might have an you can oppose my views and oppions as much as you want i will be happy to hear from you my fellow fans unlike bungie, they dont listen to their fans when we are the ones buying the game.
Why didnt they put a survery in their website as to what we like and dislike, i mean its only common sense, i hope 343 has the brains to do that.
Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:31 PM
- Mr Muffins 7 likes this
Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:14 PM
Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:24 AM
Anyways. Careful what you say about Bungie. A lot of guys who worked for Bungie are now at 343 and they read this stuff.
Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:23 PM
They are meant to be an add-on extension to the default armor in place, not an entirely new shoulder model section.
As far as frames per second....you quite obviously have a little understanding about how the human eye captures light and processes it. A game
running at 30 fps is an average zone for any game to run. They base this as the average because everyone in existence has his/her own set
of tolerances as to how fast the eye can capture and interpret movement between frames. Sometimes people see blurry movement when fps
is increased above 30. Some see rough edges around objects, it all varies. Just because your whoopity doo great eye sight may allow you
to see above 30 crystal clear, does not mean everyone else can. Engineering has nothing to do with speeding up the frame rate of the game.
Some games look dreadful when running at high fps. In order for lots of detail to be easily noticed, it is important to keep fps's low to mid range.
Kat was killed?!? About that little nonsense filled bit. Wow really, you mean the phantom was that close. NO ****! I have eyes and I can see
that. For that matter, if what you say is true about that incident, then why didn't the Covie just have a Capital Ship glass it? Hmmmm?
It's because the whole thing was a tactical OP to take out the teams most valuable asset. Why do you think they dispatched that special group
of Elites down to the surface for? To take out the Spartans. They were sent to personally ensure their demise. In numbers, they would of easily fought off
the Elites as they did when they first encountered them at Sword Base. You do remember that part right? You weren't too drunk after that
all night Frat bash? Anywho, also keep in mind that the Covenant also needed the Spartans to be on the defensive and on the run. Without
the remaining Spartans alive, they never would have been able to discover the exact location of the buried Forerunner installation.
Credit System. Ok here is where I call complete and total bull**** on you and your friends. The cap on credits is perfect. If anyone out there, in one day and
sitting actually reaches 180,000 earned credits...YOU NEED A ******* HOBBY!!!! There is no way in hell you and your little gal pals
are earning 6,000 per match. The only way to do that would be to hit a credit jackpot every match, and complete a challenge or commendation
on every match. The only time I have ever hit 6,000 for one match, was when I completed 3 challenges in a single match. Other than that, the basic
average anyone can expect to earn is between 3,000 and 4,000. So lets do a little math here cupcake. 180,000 cr / 4,000 cr = 45 matches. Each match
lasts an average of 6 to 7 minutes, most going above that to 10. But for easy pickings, lets just average each match at 6. So now still with me?
6 minutes x 45 matches = 270 minutes or in-game play. Now this is not including the time it takes to load the map, end the match, and connect or
have to wait for players. That time added into the equation will boost each match to an average of 7 to 8 minutes when all said and done.
So lets re-calculate sunshine. 8 minutes x 45 matches = 360 minutes. Now 360 minutes / 60 minutes = 6 hours. Also keep in mind it could
take longer based on what game types. Something like firefight would obviously take 3 times as long.
Holy ****en Hell!!!! Your really gonna sit there and tell me that for a whole 6 hours out of those 3 to 4 days, you and your loser buddies
have 6 hours to just sit there and game? Yet you say you all attend school and work? What do you work....2 hours a day at 3 days a week?
Do you even study at all? Guess not. Must be easy taking mommy and daddy's money and waste it playing Halo. My point is this, unless
you can provide a video or videos of you and your buddies legit making 6,000 or more per match without glitching the daily achievs or your
commendations....YOU ARE FULL OF ****!!!!!
Grenades Grenades Grenades: Wow oh wow son. You have not played any Halo game at all before Reach. If you were a gamer of Halo, as
you or whoever that was from is....said person would know very well that each Halo title had a different velocity and bounce for the grenades.
Throwing nades always takes a slight learning curve when jumping to another title. All this time you played Reach, and you still can't master
something stupid like throwing a grenade?
Winning Bonus. All I said was the credits you earn for being the winning team is greater...I never said it was a huge amount. Just stating
facts about it.
The Great Player Filter. You are really annoying at this point. The filter system works perfectly. Keep in mind, that like most filters, it will only
work as well as the selection of the gaming populations. For example... say you go to play some slayer. Ughhhh paired with 2 recruits, 1 inheritor,
3 General grade 2's and what ever else. Bummer! The reason why this happened is simple. It is not because the filter didn't work. It is because
the ranks of the population the match had to choose from, contained no active game waiting participants. Chances are, everyone else was
in another match. The filter or the game itself is not going to just stand there and put everyone on standby for like 15 minutes just to get
a match of all selected ranks from your filter. It happens broskie. It happens to the best of us. And besides, wasn't it you that said rank
doesn't determine skill?
And last but not least...SPAWNING. You really need to get a ******* clue home slice. You and everyone else in the world ******* about the spawning.
First off, it's called RE-SPAWNING!!! Second, do you have any clue as to how involved the inital and re-spawning function of the game is? have
you ever created, adjusted and tweaked a spawn placement or zone. No I didn't think so. That's because your some dickless fanboy who has
no knowledge of any kind about !Blam or the individual components that link tags to function calls, or the value settings. ***** please! I work on
mapping for Halo, Halo CE, Halo 2 Xbox and Halo 2 PC. I have been there, done that and then some. I have ripped through tag structures of
every Halo game, except for Halo Wars. I understand perfectly well all the relevant data that goes into deciding when and where I will re-spawn
during any match. For example. A basic small mpa like Corvette contains 42 to 56 intial spawn points, and that's just for a basic 2 team match.
The map itself contains over 84 initial spawns points. Any one of those points can be used for initial spawn respawning, dynamic or overspawns.
Basically in a nutshell, what you can play with and do in Forge is just the tip of the iceburg in what is really involved. Trust a pro on this one.
To summerise, I have no personal beef with you. You are probably a really cool guy, just like me. I get very worked up about game specific
details when it comes to game components, the story etc.... Nothing was meant personal by it.
- Dean PHD likes this
Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:48 PM
Pay attention to this, Master Chief = Spartan 2, better augmentations, better armor, more time spent making them. Noble team (excluding jorge) = Spartan 3s a ripoff of (yes this is nerdy) Doctor Halsey's work, worse augmentation process, worse armor, most of them are 12-16 years of age. Therefore, no dual wielding!
Bungie didnt RUIN anything in Reach, Reach had armor abilities because of the fact that they are Spartan 3s and they were more military made then made by a scientific team. Reach has bullet spread because unlike Master Chief and other spartan 2s the spartan 3s armor didnt have the same targetting capabilities.
all above staments posted by zaguroth
now to my understantding from reading halo books Spartan 1's faild, the physical changes killed and or cripelld them along with early versions or armor being to expensive for unsc to think about mass prodution. then dr. halsy made spartan 2's. she upducted childern and raised them as soldiers then physicaly enhanced them and finaly gave them armor! MC was a spartan 2! yet according to Halo wiki Reach takes place before halo ce, and while i cant find on wiki were it says the date of conception for spartan 3's, i am certain that in one of the halo books i read(maybe ghost of onex) that the spartan 3's were not made until imbetween story line for halo 2 and three. so how could spartan3 exsist on reach and why dose reach have armor abilitys in it?
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users