Halo 2 Anniversary

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Halo 2 Anniversary should have its own Mulitplayer or be an add on for Halo 4?

• Have it's own mulitplayer
    • Add on for Halo 4
    • Don't care
    • Neither, should just have the campain redone

I know Vista sucks but bear with me here. Halo 2 doesn't need remade at all. Halo 2 Vista has Achievements and Multiplayer and there's still a way to connect to the Halo 2 servers and play online through the Xbox. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice thing to see but its just not necessary and I want 343i to make new games and games from different points of views like Halo Reach but from the Chiefs perspective.

• Like 2

I know Vista sucks but bear with me here. Halo 2 doesn't need remade at all. Halo 2 Vista has Achievements and Multiplayer and there's still a way to connect to the Halo 2 servers and play online through the Xbox. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice thing to see but its just not necessary and I want 343i to make new games and games from different points of views like Halo Reach but from the Chiefs perspective.

I know what you're saying about Halo 2 on vista with it's own Achievements and Muliplayer but what about people who are offline and most of the people I know have windows 7 and it just doesn't work on it. That is why I think Halo 2 should be remade but like it was when it came out but maybe with it's own Forge and Thearter mode, and I like your idea about Halo Reach being remade but from Master Chief perspective.

I know what you're saying about Halo 2 on vista with it's own Achievements and Muliplayer but what about people who are offline and most of the people I know have windows 7 and it just doesn't work on it. That is why I think Halo 2 should be remade but like it was when it came out but maybe with it's own Forge and Thearter mode, and I like your idea about Halo Reach being remade but from Master Chief perspective.

While I would truly enjoy playing Halo 2 multi-player again, I cease to believe that Halo 2 needs a revamp. It would prevent 343i from producing new games because they have to divert development resources to bringing Halo 2 Anniversary to life. In addition the game doesn't need any changes at all. The only change that would be good it to allow us to play it on Xbox Live again. And since this will never happen I'm inclined to agree with what Undead said. Get yourself a Halo 2 Vista and enjoy.

• Like 1

While I would truly enjoy playing Halo 2 multi-player again, I cease to believe that Halo 2 needs a revamp. It would prevent 343i from producing new games because they have to divert development resources to bringing Halo 2 Anniversary to life. In addition the game doesn't need any changes at all. The only change that would be good it to allow us to play it on Xbox Live again. And since this will never happen I'm inclined to agree with what Undead said. Get yourself a Halo 2 Vista and enjoy.

Lol, that's like saying enjoy your bowl of crap.

As for 343 not having resources, they are Microsoft and they have all the resources on the planet. Some have this idea that 343 is small and cannot concentrate on more than one game and that is nonsense.

So...how do you know it will never happen?

Lol, that's like saying enjoy your bowl of crap.

As for 343 not having resources, they are Microsoft and they have all the resources on the planet. Some have this idea that 343 is small and cannot concentrate on more than one game and that is nonsense.

So...how do you know it will never happen?

It simply doesn't need to happen. And I promise you that If 343 industries decided to produce 2 games at the same time, despite being with microsoft, you would see a drop in the quality of those two games.

• Like 2

It simply doesn't need to happen. And I promise you that If 343 industries decided to produce 2 games at the same time, despite being with microsoft, you would see a drop in the quality of those two games.

I could promise you things to and it would mean nothing, same as your promise. You can't promise anything of the sort and back it up any more than I can. You simply do not know how a corporation works, you do not multitask, you simply have a team for one game and another team for the other. Corporations can multitask without overusing individuals. It's a matter of organization.

As far as quality, it may even get better because in my opinion 343 needs to be aware of Halo 2's roots and what got Live to where it is today. That is one of the reasons Reach is not the blockbuster that MS wanted as far as I'm concerned.

You should not make promises that you cannot keep.

I could promise you things to and it would mean nothing, same as your promise. You can't promise anything of the sort and back it up any more than I can. You simply do not know how a corporation works, you do not multitask, you simply have a team for one game and another team for the other. Corporations can multitask without overusing individuals. It's a matter of organization.

As far as quality, it may even get better because in my opinion 343 needs to be aware of Halo 2's roots and what got Live to where it is today. That is one of the reasons Reach is not the blockbuster that MS wanted as far as I'm concerned.

You should not make promises that you cannot keep.

Then one team would have Frankie and the other wouldn't.

That is a HUGE disadvantage.

Whichever game didn't have him (H2 anniversary) wouldn't be given the treatment it deserves. Plus it's not like every single level designer/concept artist/sound technician/modeler/animator is equal. One game would be more loaded than the other.

Whichever game didn't have him (H2 anniversary) wouldn't be given the treatment it deserves. Plus it's not like every single level designer/concept artist/sound technician/modeler/animator is equal. One game would be more loaded than the other.

You're grasping now, MS can hire the best on this or any other planet. Also, all Frankie is is a mouthpiece, you think he designs or does any programming and besides, the offices will most likely be down the hall from each other and if Frankie is needed that badly, he can easily go from one to the other. If he oversee's everything, it would be a perfect match, since he's already familiar with H2 he would have a bead on what made Halo great.

Sounds like it would work out fine without one game being more loaded than the other. Very easy to keep track of whatever you think loading up a game is.

Halo 2 Anniversary simply doesn't need to happen. It would be a waste of 343's time and resources.

Halo 2 Anniversary simply doesn't need to happen. It would be a waste of 343's time and resources.

You're right, it doesn't need to anymore than CE needed to be remade. It's a question of supply, demand and overall money that will get it done. MS will not pass up millions come Nov of 2014.

You're right, it doesn't need to anymore than CE needed to be remade. It's a question of supply, demand and overall money that will get it done. MS will not pass up millions come Nov of 2014.

Actually, since Ce was the first game and was practically the entire selling point for the original Xbox, it deserved to be made way more than Halo 2 does. I'd honestly be happy to see a remake (I never got it for Xbox and my Pc version broke halfway through the campaign) as long as said remake does not take resources away from other games.

Actually, since Ce was the first game and was practically the entire selling point for the original Xbox, it deserved to be made way more than Halo 2 does. I'd honestly be happy to see a remake (I never got it for Xbox and my Pc version broke halfway through the campaign) as long as said remake does not take resources away from other games.

It's not the game that deserves anything, it's the fans, I don't think it has anything to do with deserve except for the fans. Fans deserve an H2 remake because it's not on Live...fans deserve matchmaking, ranking, 4 player coop, a screen that does not have shadows. There are many reasons to remake H2, the fans deserve it.

It's not the game that deserves anything, it's the fans, I don't think it has anything to do with deserve except for the fans. Fans deserve an H2 remake because it's not on Live...fans deserve matchmaking, ranking, 4 player coop, a screen that does not have shadows. There are many reasons to remake H2, the fans deserve it.

The fans may deserve it, but they also deserve 343 to put their best effort into new games and any remakes that they decide to make. If making Halo 2 Anniversary takes resources away from other games then it should be postponed. Also, there's really no chance of them remaking matchmaking for any games that has been taken offline.

The fans may deserve it, but they also deserve 343 to put their best effort into new games and any remakes that they decide to make. If making Halo 2 Anniversary takes resources away from other games then it should be postponed. Also, there's really no chance of them remaking matchmaking for any games that has been taken offline.

I don't think MS will be lacking in any resource. MS will always be making new games so now is as good as any time to start the remake of H2.

Why would there be no chance of matchmaking for H2?

I don't think MS will be lacking in any resource. MS will always be making new games so now is as good as any time to start the remake of H2.

Why would there be no chance of matchmaking for H2?

Microsoft doesn't lack resources, but it's a stupidly cheap company. If it doesn't think that it will get enough profit from Halo 2 Anniversary, then it won't get made. On the subject of matchmaking, it's expensive to maintain the necessary servers. Microsoft is, as I mentioned before, very cheap and greedy. They are unlikely to be willing to spend the money required, especially with Halo 4 coming out in just a few months and a rumored console release at the end of next year.

Microsoft doesn't lack resources, but it's a stupidly cheap company. If it doesn't think that it will get enough profit from Halo 2 Anniversary, then it won't get made. On the subject of matchmaking, it's expensive to maintain the necessary servers. Microsoft is, as I mentioned before, very cheap and greedy. They are unlikely to be willing to spend the money required, especially with Halo 4 coming out in just a few months and a rumored console release at the end of next year.

So you think there are separate servers for every game, maintained by separate individuals? The whole point of a remake is to make H2 compatible with the existing servers.

• 3 weeks later...