The 343i League Thread: Summer 2012 Clan/Team All-Round Tournament

This is the thread where I will update on the 343i League I founded, This League is pretty much made just for fun purposes.

(I don't think I've cleared this up, but by "Team" I mean "4v4" sorry)

NOTE: You dont have to be in a clan to play, it can just be you and 3 friends.

The up coming tournament is the Summer All-round Clan Tournament. Pretty much self explanatory for when it's going to take place, during the summer. And its going to be a Clan Tournament (Teams of 4). The all-round part i think i should explain. in this tournament, it is not only going to be slayer, it's going to be multiple game types.

There will be 12 teams in total. At random, the 12 teams will be split into 4 divisions, and each division will host a Multiteam Match, and the top 2 teams from each game will advance to the next round. The remaining 8 teams will again be split randomly into 4 divisions of 2, and each division will host a King of the Hill Match. The winners will advance to the semi-finals.

In the 4 remaining teams in the semi-finals, they will be split up into 2 divisions randomly and play a SWAT Match. The winners will advance to the Championship Match, and losers will play the 3rd place game. In the finals it will be a game where team work is greatly needed, Capture the Flag, they will play 2 out of 3 on different maps each, and obviously, the winners will be the Summer 2012 All-Round Clan Tournament Champions.

You can register 3 ways, post below the name of your clan/team, 4 players in your team with their GT, and an email. it is import to put a valid email because i am going to use that email to contact you. The second way to register is to go on the site (link above). It'll be the same thing only there will be a form for it on the home page. The third way is to email me directly at "[email protected]" or PM me on this site.

We are considering to have a staff to help us out, were not sure yet if it'll be necessary but these are the positions:

1. Host (Host and spectate matches, if anyone is being rude, you have the right to stop the game and boot/disqualify the player/team then restart the match. After the game is over you come to me with the final results)

2. Forger (This is a maybe, since there is some fear that the forgers might cheat and hide power weapons on the map but pretty much forge maps specifically for the game type)

3. Filmer (If you get this you'll be doing a montage of the matches and all, something cool to watch after a lot of excitement)

There will possibly be more staff positions.

Right now, 7 out of the 12 slots are taken already, so register your clan as early as possible.

First come, first serve. if you register your clan and there's no slots vacant, then you'll be put on the waiting list, and if a team decides to not play then you'll take their spot.

CLANS/TEAMS:

1. MCTT

2. The United Assassins

3. PonyClan

4. Akadians

5. Gamma Company Spartans

6. Going In Dry

7. Shadows Outcast

Get ready for when the time comes around late June.

-King Brony II

UPDATE 05/13/12:

We have currently been thinking about live streaming the divisional drafts (when teams are assigned their division/opponents randomly) on ustream so they can see who they are up against right when it's decided. It'll be cool if the people competing let me know that it'll be something they'll like to have.

UPDATE 05/14/12:

So I don't have the exact dates of the matches but I do the a range on time. You will find out who your opponents are for the 1st round sometime around late June and the tournament will begin in July. The matches will probably take place during the weekdays but you may request for the weekend. Also if one of your players cannot attend at the assigned time, you must let me know at least 48 hours before the match and I will gladly postpone it. Any later though, you must just continue with one less player. No temporary replacements.

Also another slot was taken by the Gamma Company Spartans. 7 spots remain. Good luck and have a marvelous day everyone.

:D

Forgot one thing, there has been some very minor confusion about tournaments and all on this site. But if this thread does get locked that doesn't mean that the tournament is cancelled. This tournament is gonna happen guys! We can make it fun and successful! Here's some music to get you pumped up haha.

[media=]

[/media]

P.S. If it doesn't get locked can it be moved to Contests and Events?...and don't forget to share this with other people! Toodles!

:laughing:

UPDATE 5/15/12:

So Nothing much to say about today. I don't think I'll be streaming it on Ustream but I will make the video about it proving that its completely random. Also, sometime this weekend, or maybe one of these week days, I'm going to be setting the dates for the matches for all the games. And depending of what Division you get, you get a certain time. The reason I am posting them with time is because I want people to be able to attend with 100% certainty (reason why I'm having it during the summer, no school). So If you see a time slot that you might not be able to attend. Tell me and I'll change it where it can fit everyone.

Also I haven't really discussed any rules either, cause there isn't much. I'll just list the few I got....

1. No cursing or talking crap about other teams (Its a friendly competition, its ok if you say, stuff like "You are all going to lose" and like competition talk, but if it gets to "Ima destroy all of you B*****" thats a big no.)

2. Tell me if you or a player cannot attend the match 48 hours prior to the begging of the match and we will arrange a time and postpone it. Or you will have to continue with one less player or however the amount is.

HMMM...well I guess that's it. Hope to see you all at the tournament. Good bye.

:turned:

UPDATE 5/18/12:

Alright so, as you can see while scrolling down, There will be no need for forger, we will be using maps from multiplayer. Mostly because we are going to need the players to practice on it but the fileshare isn't working, right? So yea. (Sorry Donut and Anarchy)

Host and Filmer is still up tho, Donut has the job for filmer though, if there is another one out there though, stil let me know. And we got 1 host besides me and my friend, it'll be cool if I can get atleast 1 more possibly.

The big thing about the this update isnt the stuff above. its this:

Division Schedule (No teams, just preset dates):

NOTE: This is not the final dates, they are subjected to change. So you may request any changes. Also, the time is in Pacific Time Zone.

• June 17th: Division Draft for Round 1
  • June 22nd: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific, Division 2 @ 6:00 PM Pacific
  • June 23rd: Division 3 @ 11:00 AM Pacific, Division 4 @ 12:00 PM Pacific

• June 24th: Division Draft for Round 2
  • June 29th: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific, Division 2 @ 6:00 PM Pacific
  • June 30rd: Division 3 @ 11:00 AM Pacific, Division 4 @ 12:00 PM Pacific

• July 1th: Division Draft for Round 3
  • July 6th: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific
  • July 7th: Division 2 @ 11:00 PM Pacific

• July 14th: 3rd Place Game @ 12:00 PM Pacific, Championship Game @ 1:00 PM Pacific

If this tournament is a success, I might make another one right after this one is over.

UPDATE 05/20/12:

Sooooo, sorry for messing up, i kinda got confused with the dates and when school is out for me but here's the schedule I meant to put up...

• July 1st: Division Draft for Round 1
  • July 6th: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific, Division 2 @ 6:00 PM Pacific
  • July 7th: Division 3 @ 11:00 AM Pacific, Division 4 @ 12:00 PM Pacific

• July 8th: Division Draft for Round 2
  • July 13th: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific, Division 2 @ 6:00 PM Pacific
  • July 14th: Division 3 @ 11:00 AM Pacific, Division 4 @ 12:00 PM Pacific

• July 15th: Division Draft for Round 3
  • July 20th: Division 1 @ 5:00 PM Pacific
  • July 21th: Division 2 @ 11:00 AM Pacific

• July 28th: 3rd Place Game @ 12:00 PM Pacific, Championship Game @ 1:00 PM Pacific

So it's going to be taken place throughout July, all during Friday, Saturday & Sunday. And remember you can request any time changes or date changes of your match as long as its 48hrs prior from the start.

We also got a new team on slot 7, remember to tell your friends that will interested to compete before all the spots are taken.

UPDATE 06/01/12:

I am sorry to say but this tournament is cancelled (temporarily), due to some complications...there is still a chance it might take place. Lets hope for the best and lets see what time decides for us. Again, I am sorry.

Edited by King Brony II
  • Like 1

Hmm, I don't have a clan, but I would love to be a Forger for this. No, I will not hide any power weapons on the map(s). I know how to forge a great map and I would love to forge some maps for this Tournament. :)

I guess I could be a Filmer also. I have a High-quality Hauppauge HDPVR and I am getting the Sony Vegas Pro 11 early next month.

I've watched a lot of tutorials, tips and tricks on YouTube for the Sony Vegas Pro 11, and I have also tried the trial for it. Brilliant software so I think I would be prepared to be a Filmer. :good:

I guess I could be a Filmer also. I have a High-quality Hauppauge HDPVR and I am getting the Sony Vegas Pro 11 early next month.

I've watched a lot of tutorials, tips and tricks on YouTube for the Sony Vegas Pro 11, and I have also tried the trial for it. Brilliant software so I think I would be prepared to be a Filmer. :good:

Could you send me the link too any Quality Tutorials for sony Vegas you have watched? I've been having trouble with my sony vegas and HD PVR giving out bad quality

I would love to play, why not just use default maps with TU? and is anniversery DLC required?

No Anniversary DLC required. And we are still deciding on the maps. Its most likely gonna be the ones from Matchmaking. Have you send me an email with the name of your clan and the gamertags of your four players? If you haven't please do. And if you have, I'll put you down once I get home.

But anyways. Welcome to the 343i League :D

I'm in

Team: Going in Dry

email: [email protected]

I've got two people including myself who are down for sure, a couple of others who are iffy but I'll definitely have a full team by the tournament, seeing as it's a month and a half off.

Thanks,

<3

awesome, PM me your's and your 2 companions gamertags please. Or if you want all 4 together. your call. :D

Aww, no forgers? Okay, but if I were a Competitor I would prefer Built-In-maps because they're maps that you already know and won't have to worry about downloading them for practice. At least I am still a filmer, and I don't have to worry about making my maps all 'perdy' and balanced. Nice update King Brony, I really hope this goes well because it sounds really legit. :yay:

• Like 1

Nothing we can't handle, thanks for your concert though :D.

BTW, New update guys.

Hey not to picky lol srry but i just wanted to point out you can take out the SO and the - in the names i just did that to show the acronynm and all that you can just put Shadow Outcast, thx its nbd i just wanted to let you know