Double EXP weekends?

Instinct

But guys, there's a small method to the madness. They look at the game MOST played. With the MOST players constantly online. On Halo: Reach, there is more people in the Living Dead playlist than there is people on the whole of Halo 3. They provide the most maintenance, service, and bonuses to the title where it will actually matter the most. HR is usually in the top 5 most played XBL games of the month or whatever, and H3 is not even in the top 15. Do you understand what I am going at?

Yes, I do agree they should bring it back, but consider my thoughts.

• 1 month later...

But guys, there's a small method to the madness. They look at the game MOST played. With the MOST players constantly online. On Halo: Reach, there is more people in the Living Dead playlist than there is people on the whole of Halo 3. They provide the most maintenance, service, and bonuses to the title where it will actually matter the most. HR is usually in the top 5 most played XBL games of the month or whatever, and H3 is not even in the top 15. Do you understand what I am going at?

Yes, I do agree they should bring it back, but consider my thoughts.

I agree with you that they look only at the most popular game, but a lot lately i've been seeing 20k or 30k people on halo 3 matchmaking

I agree with you that they look only at the most popular game, but a lot lately i've been seeing 20k or 30k people on halo 3 matchmaking

The same with me. I was playing 3 the other day, and the number displayed was about 25,000. But the Halo 3 system needs no maintenance. It runs smoothly, and there are enough players online for people to still advance in rank if they are ACTUALLY good at the game. Halo Reach however, can climb to over 80k in the low points of the day. Hence the reason they do a super credit jackpot playlist EVERY weekend. 343i is on the right track. Keeping people busy with Reach until 4 comes out.

This is off topic, but I would like to display my thoughts. I believe 343 is trying to boost the ability to gain ranks in Reach, most likely for the launch of Halo 4. No idea why they would do this, but there is SOME evidence that this could be true.

-The daily credit limit was lifted from 120,000 to 200,000 in late January 2012.

-The winning bonus was boosted in several playlists including Grifball and Team Objective.

-- ^^ From personal experience in the Grifball playlist, if you can go all 5 rounds, and win the game with atleast one detonation, you can get up to 6,000 credits for the game. I had a game with a total of 5 rounds, 5 detonations (2 theirs, 3 ours), and under 10 minutes, and I got 5, 800-ish. Easy credits. Better than the daily challenges by far.

What could this mean?

I agree. Double EXP in halo 3 should return

I think it would be pretty awesome to even think about something that I know that of which that specific something would never happen. Just because I'm dreaming, 343 DOES care about us Halo 3'ers 343 DOES want to give us Double EXP. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Double EXP weekends would be good. But it's just too hard, for every playlist they put in, they need different maps and gametypes to fit it, it's a lot of work for a small fan base.

As much as I would love to see double EXP back, I don't think it will ever happen.

They should try and have a double EXP week, as a once off thing, or just one double EXP every weekend at the start of the month.

I don't play Halo 3 MP anymore, but if they're still keeping the multiplayer up and running, why not make it so that it requires less XP to level up?

Smart idea, since the game is really old, might as well make it simpler but don't make the overall gameplay experience easier

Because that wont fix anything. When we had double EXP weekends you would see a massive peak in players on the weekends, now it's just regular EXP there is the same number of players on the weekends as there is during the week.

If you had double EXP for one weekend every month, or for a whole week through the month, you might get some interest back in from players who used to play, to check it out, and they might find themselves playing it more often.