If AA's continue in H 4, should they drain your shields?

Absolute Dog

An idea struck me while discussing a new Armor Ability tonight. Much like when you run fast and hard you are winded and slightly drained. By that reasoning and even though you are a Spartan, or whatever species, when you expend energy or even control an ability it should be draining on your shields. What do you feel about this? If AA's are to be continued, shouldn't there be some kind of a leeching affect on your shields when used?

• Like 1

But it wouldn't make any sense. Halo 4 is after Reach, therefore Technology could only be better. If it didn't drain at all in Reach, why would it in the future? Unless the AA's are much more powerful. Just make it so they have limited uses, or make new ones or tweak old ones. I think Jet-Pack is fine, maybe just make it so it has fuel or something. I've never heard of a Jet-Pack that runs forever, unless it uses oxygen to power.

But it wouldn't make any sense. Halo 4 is after Reach, therefore Technology could only be better. If it didn't drain at all in Reach, why would it in the future? Unless the AA's are much more powerful. Just make it so they have limited uses, or make new ones or tweak old ones. I think Jet-Pack is fine, maybe just make it so it has fuel or something. I've never heard of a Jet-Pack that runs forever, unless it uses oxygen to power.

they are different because all the Reach AA were lost and the new ones were made from scratch so that could be why the have that downside

Just an idea to expand on, besides, I have never heard an explanation for the energy sorce of the current ones, much less seen any equipmemt that provides the ability. That is mot true of the jetpack.

it makes sense, but some of them would require physical exertion rather than energy, jet packs should still drain slowly and recharge even slower, i can agree with draining them a little bit but a complete automatic drain doesnt sound fair, stuff like armor lock and invisibility (sustained abilities) should slowly drain, while the ones that activate at once such as drop shield should drop a set percentage of remaining shields, and the amount given to the ability dictates how strong it is.

This sounds like a resonable way to prevent AA spamming and the such, but then you wouldn't be able to use AA in gametypes where you have no shields (griffball, etc.). And then you would have to wait till your shields recharge AND till your AA recharges to use the AA again.

I say that they just increase the time it takes to recharge the AAs.

This sounds like a resonable way to prevent AA spamming and the such, but then you wouldn't be able to use AA in gametypes where you have no shields (griffball, etc.). And then you would have to wait till your shields recharge AND till your AA recharges to use the AA again.

I say that they just increase the time it takes to recharge the AAs.

Nice idea, maybe also drain health

but yeah your idea would be better than that

please keep an option of using abilities while carrying flags, cores, bombs, ect

I had read in a post about AA's that the player felt they made you think about when to use them, I mulled that over for a while and had this thought and created a post. It seemed like there needed to be some kind of a trade off for using an Armor Ability sense that had become so controversial in Reach. I ,nor does anyone here, know if they will be part of Halo 4. When I had this thought though, knowing my dislike for AA's, I felt this was something I could easily live with. Give those who like them their AA's and those of us who don't a trade off.

Your shields, as they are, now have an over shield and your health, or armor strength bar. Use of an AA requiring an electric or fueled energy would leech off of your over shield and use of a physical AA would leech your health bar. Example: Activating Invisibility, Jet Pack, Hologram, Drop Shield and the dreaded AL would be fueled or electric source where Sprint and Evade would be a physical source.

P.S. eliteultra you do need to get some fresh air, lol!

For sprint id say no, It makes no sense that spartans should lose sheilds for sprint, Jet pack, no, it has fuel, not energy, but others like active cammo, hologram, and AL should definently drain shelids. (Just talking about this reminds me of crysis 2)

Maybe maybe, if H4 utilizes some sort of cash/credit/money system, you could buy the AA's for matchmaking? And for another fee, you could pay to make them more powerful/less cooldown/last longer, for a small shield penalty? Such as a shield overcharge to boost energy to the AA. Say, using Jetpack, and if you have the upgrade bought, you can press the AA button when the Jetpack is running out of fuel to overcharge shields to boost more fuel into the jetpack. Same thing with Drop Shield, Sprint, Camo, AL.

Maybe maybe, if H4 utilizes some sort of cash/credit/money system, you could buy the AA's for matchmaking? And for another fee, you could pay to make them more powerful/less cooldown/last longer, for a small shield penalty? Such as a shield overcharge to boost energy to the AA. Say, using Jetpack, and if you have the upgrade bought, you can press the AA button when the Jetpack is running out of fuel to overcharge shields to boost more fuel into the jetpack. Same thing with Drop Shield, Sprint, Camo, AL.

Well for me this idea was a compromise, not a way to make them even stronger. You may not be aware of it, but I really do not like or want AA's in H4.

How about they don't put in AA's at all- because they sucked IMO. If anything- sprint is not an armour ability and any Spartan should be able to do it. If you wanted Stealth, then the Spartan III headhunter SPI armour should be included- as they had shields too,though to use invisibility it would drain their shields. Also using that would allow you to have VISR (As seen on ODST) and would give an aim assist (Similar to the needler one when playing as elites on Reach).