Halo 4 new weapon idea?

xIRelinQuishedx

Okay, so i was just watching a whole lot of interviews on Halo 4 and how there will be some new weapons within the game. So me and my extreme love for Light machine guns came to the conclusion of how cool it would be if halo introduced a lmg styled power weapon for me and every lmg lover to enjoy. You know maybe a 30-35 magazine with 120 ammo so you can reload it a few times before throwing it away. Not the greatest accuracy but stronger then most weopons. Also maybe a medium fire rate, but like i said kinda bad recoil for balence. I don't know this was just an idea i had so i thought i'd share. Anyone else think this is a good idea? Leave a comment?

Even if it was just a detachable turret, it'd be nice to be able to spawn them pre-detached, like Missile Pods in Halo 3. Or if it could be carried on your back when not in use, like any other weapon. Certainly, things like the Gravity Hammer, Spartan Laser and Rocket Launcher are very heavy, so a heavily cut-down version of a standard turret shouldn't really be any problem for a Spartan.

For example, look at the Halo 2 Machinegun. That could be carried around quite easily by standard Marines, so there really isn't a canon reason why something like that wouldn't work with a Spartan.